How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched Catholic Mass online today and it was a super good service and uplifted me. It's not always that great and sometimes I spot false doctrine. But today was refreshing. I worked out some physics and am finished again. I had to update my computer because Microsoft keeps sending me into update mode and my computer goes into a crawl mode. I find it's better just to shut it down and force the update rather than keep trying to work on it in crawl mode. Arrrgggghhhh, "MICROSOFT" would you quit updating my computer. It's been working fine all along. Vent finished.

Now how was your day?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trouble. I just found out that they had chemicals in the drinking water at Camp Lejeune in December of 87. So I barely missed it, since I was down there in 88-89. People are getting cancer from it and Parkinson's disease. Camp Lejeune water contamination health issues | Veterans Affairs
Yeah know, and when I was in the Marine Corps I used to joke that they fed us unhealthy fatty meals cause they didn't want us to make it to retirement. Since they wouldn't have to pay for it then. And then I read about the drinking water. Aaarrrggghhhh.

Reactions: shortangel

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my day was good, went to see the doctor about my high blood pressure & high pulse rate, got a good report my meds are working, went to the libiary got more books on crafts & 2 books on martial arts, then came home & watched T.V., went for a walk because the tempture was just right, had leftover pot stickers for dinner

Reactions: dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, I received a gorgeous blue spiral notebook. It has gold starfish on it. My handwriting isn't bubbly or elegant. But it would be a shame not to use it in some way.

Maybe a small scrapbook? A Scripture memory and meditation book? A prayer book? All three?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am thinking about changing my name on here to OutofInk. I like it because I journal quite a bit.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had kind of a rough day yesterday. Had one health issue hit me then just as it was going away a different one hit me. Nothing serious I think, but today I'm just resting and taking a breath. Watching movies and praying to God.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This is what it looked like walking home from work this morning. The sun trying to breakthrough the fog...

298637325_388408710086060_6796994193537604110_n.jpg

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The hot water heater went out. Dropped $1-large parts and labor on a new burner and thermostat. At least I don't have to take cold showers now.
The new thermostat was cracked and leaking gas. We had the gas co and the company that installed the parts out to look at it. The parts store was closed by then, so no hot showers or washing clothes in hot water until Monday. And I ain't payin' for parts and labor again to do it right.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new thermostat was cracked and leaking gas. We had the gas co and the company that installed the parts out to look at it. The parts store was closed by then, so no hot showers or washing clothes in hot water until Monday. And I ain't payin' for parts and labor again to do it right.
I had my hot water tank fixed a couple years ago. Nothin like a cold shower to wake a person up, or send them into shock. :cold:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had my hot water tank fixed a couple years ago. Nothin like a cold shower to wake a person up, or send them into shock. :cold:
I once stayed at a bed-and-breakfast in Scotland. The property used to be quite an estate. They'd turned the horse stables out back into bedrooms, and that's where I stayed. No heat at night (the owner only turned on the heat during the day), and no hot water. I was told real Scotsmen don't take hot showers.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once stayed at a bed-and-breakfast in Scotland. The property used to be quite an estate. They'd turned the horse stables out back into bedrooms, and that's where I stayed. No heat at night (the owner only turned on the heat during the day), and no hot water. I was told real Scotsmen don't take hot showers.
Kilts in the winter too?

Reactions: Lambano

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my day was good yesturday, went to a baby shower for someone we know who is expecting a baby & we wanted to be there to celebrate with her & her husband, it was a beautiful event, today i ran through the sprinkler, probably will watch DVD's & T.V. today