How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Families and Friends “modernly” separated by distances, a bummer.
Last weekend gathered with 200+ family and friends... Awesome!
This weekend gathered with 4 family... Awesome!
Today, a bit cooler temps, tending, playing with our Animals...Awesome!

Blessed and Thankful to our Great Lord God Almighty,
Taken
200, wow I doubt I could reach 50 family and friends !!
How great that you were all able to meet …xxx

Reactions: Wynona

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As of last week, all my friends are believers. When I volunteer its all believers So I have to be creative if I want to witness.

Reddit is great for this. Thats where the secular folk like to go. Theres a thread for seekers that I am quite enjoying.
It’s the reverse for me, most of the people around me, at work and within the family are non believers ……
Never tried Reddit , think I am the wrong age for some of the social media platforms. My children are on Instagram, but I just don’t get posting pictures all the time !

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
200, wow I doubt I could reach 50 family and friends !!
How great that you were all able to meet …xxx

It was a mix of happy and sad of sorts. An all day elaborate yard gathering, celebrating my nieces daughters graduation, dropping in of about 50 or so well wishers, and celebrating the life of her mother (my niece) who recently passed away, of 200+ staying the duration of the day and evening. A huge tent, tables & chairs, restroom accommodations, food galore, a Dj, photographer set up, many out of town, family and friends, some we had not seen for many years. (It was over 2,000 miles round trip for us).
After these past two years of utter nonsense, and continual fear mongering, it was lovely to have none of that given a thought or mention. People mingling and not a mask in sight! :) XXX

Reactions: Wynona and Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It was a mix of happy and sad of sorts. An all day elaborate yard gathering, celebrating my nieces daughters graduation, dropping in of about 50 or so well wishers, and celebrating the life of her mother (my niece) who recently passed away, of 200+ staying the duration of the day and evening. A huge tent, tables & chairs, restroom accommodations, food galore, a Dj, photographer set up, many out of town, family and friends, some we had not seen for many years. (It was over 2,000 miles round trip for us).
After these past two years of utter nonsense, and continual fear mongering, it was lovely to have none of that given a thought or mention. People mingling and not a mask in sight! :) XXX
2,000 round trip, that reminds me of how small the UK is compared to the US !!
Yes we have had gatherings , with no masks - although they are sadly still a part of my working life and when I visit my dads at the moment as my son has covid , just playing the waiting game to see if I get it - then I have to stay off work with no pay !!!!!!!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2,000 round trip, that reminds me of how small the UK is compared to the US !!
Yes we have had gatherings , with no masks - although they are sadly still a part of my working life and when I visit my dads at the moment as my son has covid , just playing the waiting game to see if I get it - then I have to stay off work with no pay !!!!!!!

We have never thought much about distance prohibiting a get-together. Our friends/neighbors are on a trip for a few days now to do a bit of fishing. Destination Alaska, 8,000 miles round trip. LOL. Hope they catch some whoppers!
Eh, the Virus thing is too hokey, when through the whole ordeal, the yearly big deal flu seemed to magically have a scant mention. Businesses playing the patsy bad-guy role, seemed suspect, until you recognize the pressure and desire to maintain their own govy perks and kickbacks.
Fact is it has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with Greed and Control, and that is the real Disease.

Anyway, hope all works out for you to meet your needs. XXX
God is Good.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: shortangel and Rita

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve had a strange few days where I begin crying for a few moments at various times and then the crying just stops. I’m not sure why I’m crying. I’m not depressed or distressed. I just start crying for no seeming reason.
There’s something that feels like…yearning? in the crying. It’s something that’s never happened to me. Weird, huh?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I’ve had a strange few days where I begin crying for a few moments at various times and then the crying just stops. I’m not sure why I’m crying. I’m not depressed or distressed. I just start crying for no seeming reason.
There’s something that feels like…yearning? in the crying. It’s something that’s never happened to me. Weird, huh?
This has happened to me before. I was at a service with my pastor and his wife listening to a speaker from the US and I started to weep. My pastor asked me why I was crying and I said I didn't know. I told him that my eyes were crying but I felt fine. I then realized that it was the Holy Spirit in me that was crying so I listened carefully what the preacher was saying. He was talking about removing the heart of stone and God giving us a heart of flesh. In my situation I believed I needed to be more sensitive to the things around me and also the needs. Just what happened to me ...:)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It hasn’t been happening to me when I’m focused on God. Last night it happened three times when I was watching an episode of Blue Bloods. Nothing sad was happening in the episode at the time. I was watching and just suddenly began crying. Each time, I paused the show and sat trying to understand what was happening, but the tears leave as suddenly as they come. A sob escapes me, then maybe another sob, profuse tears for a few seconds, and then it stops and I sit there a moment or two wondering what the heck it’s about…I’m not distressed about it. Just puzzled. All I know is it’s not…sorrow. I had to sit and think very hard to even express that it’s closer to a yearning of some sort than to any sorrow.
I know I over examine everything trying to understand. It’s true, just ask anyone! :rolleyes: But with this, I have to labor greatly to even think about it and I have no desire to really do so. In fact, it’s like I…CANT think very hard about it because it stops as soon as I begin to think.
Maybe I should just not try to think, since it doesn’t seem to do anything for me to think about it as it’s happening. It’s obviously not something I’m going to be able to understand with my mind as it’s been happening for days, many times a day, and every single time I’ve tried to think, it just stops.
I should just not try to use my mind in this. That’s what I’m going to do. sorry for my puzzled rambling.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That brought back memories , my mum always use to shout out ‘ good night, sweet dreams ‘ when me and my brother went to bed. It’s not something I have heard for years xx
We always had a nightly ritual of, 'Good night, God bless, sweet dreams, see you in the morning, I love you.' and Ray and I still do it occasionally.

When I used to say good night to my gran she always said, 'God willing'. which I thought was a bit creepy.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This has happened to me before. I was at a service with my pastor and his wife listening to a speaker from the US and I started to weep. My pastor asked me why I was crying and I said I didn't know. I told him that my eyes were crying but I felt fine. I then realized that it was the Holy Spirit in me that was crying so I listened carefully what the preacher was saying. He was talking about removing the heart of stone and God giving us a heart of flesh. In my situation I believed I needed to be more sensitive to the things around me and also the needs. Just what happened to me ...:)
The same thing has happened to me in a service during a new song I hadn't heard before and I just couldn't stop weeping as the Holy Spirit touched me.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The same thing has happened to me in a service during a new song I hadn't heard before and I just couldn't stop weeping as the Holy Spirit touched me.
perhaps we can say that it is indeed the Holy Spirit directing us toward something. In hindsight the man of God that was speaking that day, ended up losing his ministry due to a compromising position he found himself in. Although God was speaking through him about the circumcision of our hearts, just maybe, he was not taking what he preached to heart himself. :) maybe...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got to hear from an old highschool friend today. We're supposed to be getting together for a visit soon. I got some more friends on facebook that I haven't heard from in a long time. It's been nice to hear from people. Brings back memories really.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got to hear from an old highschool friend today. We're supposed to be getting together for a visit soon. I got some more friends on facebook that I haven't heard from in a long time. It's been nice to hear from people. Brings back memories really.

I hope I get to go to my ten year high school reunion next year. High school was fun for me.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My in-laws came over and we had a belly laugh over my little sister-in-law's unknowingly highly suggestive story.

She wanted it to be suspenseful but each detail got worse and worse and took our minds to the gutter. I don't know if that makes sense but it was hilarious.

God is so good to give us a laugh like that.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's hubby's birthday. He is turning 27 today so Im on the road with him. We've stopped in Henderson, NC.

He is a truck driver and is usually gone Monday through Friday. He really likes when I come out with him.

The truck is actually nice in the back. It has a refridgerator and bunk beds. I plan on making some soup with a portable oven for dinner.