How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona

So are you still committed eventually to going the dreadlock route?

Latest-Hairstyles.com

It might be expensive to actually get that done, depending on the size of the locs.

My Mom looked into Sister Locs which are very thin. The hairdresser said it could cost up to 2500 U.S dollars. :(

Reactions: shortangel

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It might be expensive to actually get that done, depending on the size of the locs.

My Mom looked into Sister Locs which are very thin. The hairdresser said it could cost up to 2500 U.S dollars. :(
Wow that is a lot of money!

Reactions: shortangel

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I caught some church stuff today. I'm trying to have a spiritual day today. I think I'll get some dinner and watch some movies. But I did my back exercises and went for walks today. And we got a touch of rain today. We've had a drought so that was pleasant. Not too much rain, thank goodness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A good day.

Went to buy a present at Hobby Lobby for a birthday. That place is quite an experience. An overwhelming amount of pretty and neatly organized things are there.

Then I had a spring roll and eight steamed dumplings at a good Chinese takeout place.

Headed to prayer meeting with the wonderful ladies at the pregnancy center.

Went to midweek service and announced that my husband and I are moving out of town to the Richmond, VA area. They were very sweet.

I have lost 16 pounds in my weight loss journey. Am pretty thrilled. Hubby is liking his new truck routes through his promotion.

Tomorrow, a friends Mom's funeral will be happening and I will try to make it after I volunteer.

Reactions: dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So busy today. After some rather intense searching, I found a great rental prospect.

A guy on facebook scoffed at me for wanting to find a rental under a certain amount per month "in 2022".

But I know God is with me. You can't find what you don't ask for.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So busy today. After some rather intense searching, I found a great rental prospect.

A guy on facebook scoffed at me for wanting to find a rental under a certain amount per month "in 2022".

But I know God is with me. You can't find what you don't ask for.
Yes everything is out of control price wise right now. Apartments are no exception. Luckily my rent hasn't gone up yet, "knock on wood".

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes everything is out of control price wise right now. Apartments are no exception. Luckily my rent hasn't gone up yet, "knock on wood".

While God certainly doesn't owe me anything, I know its still possible to find a cheap rental. We don't need a lot of space.

I can gladly live in the truckfor awhile before buying an overpriced apartment again.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While God certainly doesn't owe me anything, I know its still possible to find a cheap rental. We don't need a lot of space.

I can gladly live in the truckfor awhile before buying an overpriced apartment again.
Yeah, the rent here is $1,250 for a one bedroom. But I'm at about half that price and can't afford anything more. I know you can find something if you look for it.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, the rent here is $1,250 for a one bedroom. But I'm at about half that price and can't afford anything more. I know you can find something if you look for it.

We paid a bit over that for our current place. Never again. It's like getting robbed every month. Im glad you don't have to pay all that for a 1 bedroom, sheesh.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If they weren't so expensive, I think Mom would get them.
@Wynona

Seems like both you and your mom have long been appreciative of tasteful, rugged dread style.

Seems that both of you share a sense of taste for dreads that are thorough, confidence-inspiring and semi-permanent. If your mom did get them, it's likely you would be very pleased for her.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, it has been and still is, so very grey and wet here today. Rain with no let up at all. And dark. We usually put on the lights and turn up the central heating but with the rising price of gas and electric we haven't today. It is so bleak and dismal, but it isn't life threatening.