How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Inspired by minimalism and Jesus' words, I made a list of priorities that were important to me.

These are things Ive written to help me declutter unnessecary things and prioritize my time.

I wrote: spiritual disciplines, face to face connection time, hospitality, creativity, outdoors, hygeine, and cleanliness.

I almost want to write learning but if Im perfectly honest, reading intellectually challenging books isn't nearly as important to me as those other things.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something is telling me to let go of the apartment hunt and wait. Why is that so hard?

I always try to do hours of searching and trying to make something happen. But God may want me to simply receive it a different way.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a good weekend. Had some burger king lunch which was super tasty. Hard going down though, double bacon cheesburgers stick to your throat. Will order the whopper next time. Drank all my soda just to get the burger down :Laughingoutloud:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Something is telling me to let go of the apartment hunt and wait. Why is that so hard?

I always try to do hours of searching and trying to make something happen. But God may want me to simply receive it a different way.
When we were looking for our new home many years ago, we wrote a list of our requirements and gave it to God. We had seen one we liked but it was too expensive so we forgot about it. Our house group was praying with us and at one meeting one of the guys showed us that the house we liked had come down in price and was now within our budget. Abd when we went to the estate agents we were told that the owners had just been there and reduced it further. Even before we saw inside we knew it was ours, even though it took ages to complete the sale. Our house sold within weeks to just one viewer and although the agents threatened to put in back on the market due to being held up so long and we couldn't afford a deposit I just knew God had given us the house and didn't worry.

We have been here now for over 36 years and it has been everything we had prayed for.

So pray and trust the Lord.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we were looking for our new home many years ago, we wrote a list of our requirements and gave it to God. We had seen one we liked but it was too expensive so we forgot about it. Our house group was praying with us and at one meeting one of the guys showed us that the house we liked had come down in price and was now within our budget. Abd when we went to the estate agents we were told that the owners had just been there and reduced it further. Even before we saw inside we knew it was ours, even though it took ages to complete the sale. Our house sold within weeks to just one viewer and although the agents threatened to put in back on the market due to being held up so long and we couldn't afford a deposit I just knew God had given us the house and didn't worry.

We have been here now for over 36 years and it has been everything we had prayed for.

So pray and trust the Lord.

Thank you, Pearl. I know God is more than capable of getting us a rental at the right time and place. It was hard, but Ive stopped browsing online. I know God is able to connect us with a place. I prayerfully leave it to Him.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Did my weekly shopping, laundry day. Started to rain again. Made a roast pork dinner, fell asleep. Got up at 11pm. Now it is 6.39am on a very grey Thurday morning although the birds are just lovely to listen to at this time of the morning...

good-morning.gif

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I finally figured out a solution maybe for a project I've been working on. Feeling good today. Watched online church this morning. Went grocery shopping too. And a couple walks.

Reactions: Wynona and Pearl

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My last day as a volunteer at the pregnancy center.

It was a blessing, seeing the ladies off.

I just wish I knew what I was doing in life now.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saw the neurologist today. It was an interesting visit talking about my conditions. She said there are reasons that she was not going to check it for seizure related symptoms. Said it is more likely related to my schizophrenia. Anyways, that's kinda what I figured since nothing common relates to my symptoms. I got home and felt some body aches and a headache so I think I'm coming down with something. I feel great though, as I haven't had a cold in 20 years and they're kinda fun.

I'm just going to stay inside and do fun stuff watching TV and maybe work on my project some more. Cheers everyone!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My last day as a volunteer at the pregnancy center.

It was a blessing, seeing the ladies off.

I just wish I knew what I was doing in life now.
Pray to the Lord for something to do I suppose. That worked for me. I recently ran out of stuff to do and did it and now I'm back to doing more stuff.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen i agree with that, my day was great yesturday, got to get some Halloween candy i got twix & recesss peanut butter cups, i also got some bagged popcorn that tastes like sweet corn on the cobb with spices on it & some Jalpeno poppers they are like cheese puffs

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen i agree with that, my day was great yesturday, got to get some Halloween candy i got twix & recesss peanut butter cups, i also got some bagged popcorn that tastes like sweet corn on the cobb with spices on it & some Jalpeno poppers they are like cheese puffs
Sounds good. I got some Resees peanuter butter cups. My neighbors are all decorated for Halloween.

Reactions: shortangel