How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here in our part of the UK we don't often get much snow and it doesn't usually snow before December or even January, although some other parts of the country get hit a lot harder. The worst I can remember was 12 years ago when it took us over an hour to do a journey that normally takes 15 minutes.

One year in late February when I was still working it started just as I was going out for my bus at lunch time. Just little flurries nothing to be concerned about. I worked a four hour shift and kept hearing rumours of how bad it was getting and then on my break when I got to see out of the windows I couldn't believe how thick it was - two inches is about all we usually get but it was much deeper than that in just two hours. By the time it got to 4:30 traffic was at a standstill, cars just abandoned all over the place, and my husband phoned the office to say he would be waiting for me.

The dear man had driven home from work early, struggling with the traffic chaos, arrived home and then set out again on foot to walk me home. It was so bad the buses had stopped and my friend, who lived near us, was allowed to leave early so that she could walk with us. Not typical of this area at all but I suppose it is for many people on the site.
We don't usually get too much snow either, a foot or so of snow and only a couple times a year in the end of December and early January. Not sure about this year as the weather is acting odd and is really cold this week, and it's only early November.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We don't usually get too much snow either, a foot or so of snow and only a couple times a year in the end of December and early January. Not sure about this year as the weather is acting odd and is really cold this week, and it's only early November.
Our country doesn't cope well with extreme weather. There are always complaints about the cancelled trains when it snows. And at the other extreme we don't cope with high temps well either. Last year the first snow fell on the day of my special birthday lunch. It didn't last long though and was only a dusting.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our country doesn't cope well with extreme weather. There are always complaints about the cancelled trains when it snows. And at the other extreme we don't cope with high temps well either. Last year the first snow fell on the day of my special birthday lunch. It didn't last long though and was only a dusting.
We tend to do OK here. Most people still are on the roads and not too much trouble. But I don't drive in the snow as I don't really trust my driving these days. And the hot spells are starting to affect me with dizziness. I've been managing the heat with PowerAid which is a sports drink here.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I watched my new 'Blade Runner 2049' DVD but couldn't make head or tail of it, it's one of those that you have to watch about half a dozen times before you begin to get an inkling of what it's about..:)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched my new 'Blade Runner 2049' DVD but couldn't make head or tail of it, it's one of those that you have to watch about half a dozen times before you begin to get an inkling of what it's about..:)
Yeah, Blade Runner was odd, I haven't seen the new one.

Reactions: Dropship

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am keeping tasks to a minimum today. I spent more quiet time with the Lord and fell back asleep. I slept so wonderfully last night. The new bedding is comfortable.

My old comforter is bunched up and has thousands of fabric pills. I didn't know how to keep it fluffy so I googled that for this new one.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The day started out with me having to plunge out the toilet .:cool:

If that's the worst thing that happens today, I think we'll call it a good one.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My grandaughter's Christmas and birthday present arrived - books for Christmas and a party dress for her birthday.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Wynona and all.

I woke up today with great disappointment.
I read something on here that was hidden but has now been revealed, and it disappointed me in the fact someone I thought to be a brother.......is not !
I had respect unto this person and still do for he conducts himself in respect. I however have lost faith in
the revealing of whom he follows x2 ppl and beliefs.

God has been doing something in my life like never before. The discerning of spirits is a scary gift and it can be disappointing I now see.
What I once thought was right is now on the left.

I always tell ppl don't listen to me but listen to God's Spirit in his word and you will never go wrong. Put all your faith and trust in God for man will and does fail us.

It's time to take salvation and our souls into great consideration and KNOW WHERE WE STAND AND IN WHOM WE BELIEVE!

If a person presents themselves as believing catholism, adventism, Mormonism or any such OUTSIDE the Word of God we have no fellowship; I'm sorry.

Today is the day of OUR SALVATION. If you're indoctrinated outside the Word or any hold to the dogma, traditions, precepts or creed that are not backed by the Holy anointed inspired word of God then I most likely will NOT engage or try to tell you the truth before I let God alone hold you in accountability. In the end we shall all face him.

Sorry if this sounds negative Nellie or Debbie downer.....
I apologize.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear that, blessed. Yes, it is disappointing when you find out someone is caught up in heresy. I try to take heart that the Lord is merciful and only He knows the heart. I do not doubt that there are heretics in heaven; not at all that such beliefs should be encouraged or that submitting to such doctrines is okay, but we really cannot say 100% what God's judgement will be on such heresy. The only thing we do know 100% is that those who deny Jesus will be damned and I understand that to be outright atheism, not being caught up in the wrong doctrine. Like I said though, I do worry about these people's souls. I just can't say in the place of God that they are lost.

I also don't consider much of those denominations to be my brothers and sisters in Jesus. I do make exceptions for 7th Day adventists though--at least I understand that they believe Jesus is God; though, I may be mistaken in that. Basically, anyone who does not acknowledge that Jesus is God I do not consider such people to be Christians and I will not have fellowship with them. Worshipping false idols like Mary, worshipping on the "wrong" day and adhering to the Old Testament dietary laws, and even some on here who really get under my skin with that sinless perfection heresy! Well, they certainly are led astray by the lies of Satan, but I don't know that they are outside the invisible church.

Anyway, I've got to get packed up and leave here. I was on a vacation in NW Georgia for my birthday. It was a lovely time, a great break from work. Now time to head back : ( Well--if I don't work I wouldn't be able to do these vacations, so that's the tradeoff!

Reactions: Pearl and L.A.M.B.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LDS and Catholics are both welcome on this site, and I don't think anyone worships the virgin Mary, but I could be wrong. Let's not open this up to denominational attacks. As for me I follow God and His Holy Spirit and then the Bible. I think that is wise.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear that, blessed. Yes, it is disappointing when you find out someone is caught up in heresy. I try to take heart that the Lord is merciful and only He knows the heart. I do not doubt that there are heretics in heaven; not at all that such beliefs should be encouraged or that submitting to such doctrines is okay, but we really cannot say 100% what God's judgement will be on such heresy. The only thing we do know 100% is that those who deny Jesus will be damned and I understand that to be outright atheism, not being caught up in the wrong doctrine. Like I said though, I do worry about these people's souls. I just can't say in the place of God that they are lost.

I also don't consider much of those denominations to be my brothers and sisters in Jesus. I do make exceptions for 7th Day adventists though--at least I understand that they believe Jesus is God; though, I may be mistaken in that. Basically, anyone who does not acknowledge that Jesus is God I do not consider such people to be Christians and I will not have fellowship with them. Worshipping false idols like Mary, worshipping on the "wrong" day and adhering to the Old Testament dietary laws, and even some on here who really get under my skin with that sinless perfection heresy! Well, they certainly are led astray by the lies of Satan, but I don't know that they are outside the invisible church.

Anyway, I've got to get packed up and leave here. I was on a vacation in NW Georgia for my birthday. It was a lovely time, a great break from work. Now time to head back : ( Well--if I don't work I wouldn't be able to do these vacations, so that's the tradeoff!

HAPPY BIRTDAY, sister
Enjoy your trip.

It is hard to find that fellowship that seals the bond of family. I can't wait to leave here myself for that heavenly trip.

Some Adventist deny they believe Jesus is only the Archangel Michael but I don't know.......... IF THEY PROFESS JESUS IS GOD !

You be safe on your way. Ga. is beautiful in the fall.
I'm in Al. but was born in and have relatives in Carrollton.

Reactions: dhh712

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No attack intended but if your the thread censor, we may have a problem ,Houston.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Wynona and all.

I read something on here that was hidden but has now been revealed, and it disappointed me in the fact someone I thought to be a brother.......is not !
I had respect unto this person and still do for he conducts himself in respect. I however have lost faith in

God has been doing something in my life like never before. The discerning of spirits is a scary gift and it can be disappointing I now see.

I always tell ppl don't listen to me but listen to God's Spirit in his word and you will never go wrong. Put all your faith and trust in God for man will and does fail us.

It's time to take salvation and our souls into great consideration and KNOW WHERE WE STAND AND IN WHOM WE BELIEVE!

If a person presents themselves as believing catholism, adventism, Mormonism or any such OUTSIDE the Word of God we have no fellowship; I'm sorry.

Today is the day of OUR SALVATION. If you're indoctrinated outside the Word or any hold to the dogma, traditions, precepts or creed that are not backed by the Holy anointed inspired word of God then I most likely will NOT engage or try to tell you the truth before I let God alone hold you in accountability. In the end we shall all face him.

I apologize.
I have put lots of people on ignore because they promote a different gospel but i wish people would be up front about which organisation they belong to so that it was clear at the outset.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have put lots of people on ignore because they promote a different gospel but i wish people would be up front about which organisation they belong to so that it was clear at the outset.

I totally agree.
Funny it seems like they are ashamed or embarrassed to admit where they stand.
This is how I think they deceive others by manipulating the word.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Wynona and all.

I apologize.
No it dont sound negative . Paul would have said the same thing . We cannot have fellowship with darkness and light .
But today its all about this false co exist , false interfaith and false love and unity which , IN TRUTH , has destroyed the churches from within .
WE cannot be in unity and agreement with those who preach contrary to Christ . we just cannot . WE try and win them
And we can correct them . But if they wont heed we must move on from them and leave them to GOD to correct .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I totally agree.
Funny it seems like they are ashamed or embarrassed to admit where they stand.
This is how I think they deceive others by manipulating the word.
If someone , anyone will not admit where they stand concerning truth of the doctrine , REST assured they are decievers just trying to decieve and to seduce .
Lambs TELL THE TRUTH and let the cards land . WE dont hide stuff and we sure dont pick and choose what truth to say and what truth to omit either .
ANYONE can ask me any question they like . I have nothing to hide , I stand on CHRIST and the firm belief IF HE TAUGHT IT < DO IT
as with all sound doctrine . Contend for the true faith till the end dear lamb . TO THE END . Souls are at stake and if
we love the peoples then we gonna speak the truth no matter the cost to us for doing so .

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is teaching me to look at Him and not my circumstances. Even though I was in mental knots about being a housewife and not doing things outside the home, Jesus has untied the knots.

This is where I belong right now. It's the world that says you have to hustle 24/7. Jesus gives rest. And its a blessing to have room to focus on my walk with God, my health, chores, and live a slower, more intentional life.

It could be my "calling" right now is to be an example to my little sister-in-law who already loves and looks up to me.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well guys it's been fun and today has been interesting, I think it's time for movie and popcorn :pics: (Missing the popcorn emoji)

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today is going well so far. I made some advancements in my project.

I went for some walks and was tempted to dress warmer. I'm noticing that at my Dads, who lives in a rural family neighborhood, everyone smiles and waves and you feel welcome. But here in the city people often don't even say "good morning" back to you, they stair just off the side and keep to themselves. I think it's because we have problem people here that if you stare at them or attempt to speak to them they immediately are sent into an aggressive and crazy frenzy. But I've figured out how to spot them from a distance so I have fair warning. Women keep their phones out for security too, like it's going to save them or something :pics:

Reactions: Wynona