How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow that's a lot of weight. If you were trying to lose weight than great.
Back in the '80s, I remember running into a guy on a business trip for the first time in about 5 years. When I'd met him before, he'd been a quite portly, but now he'd really slimmed down and his hair was no longer grey. Looked 10 years younger. "Jeff", I says, "you've lost weight! You look great!" He says, "Yeah. The chemo has been hell," (and he pulls off his toupee, revealing his bald head), "the hair is a rug, but by God, I'm gonna lick this leukemia!"

Aw, poop. I didn't know that.

Can anyone help pull my foot out of my mouth?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in the '80s, I remember running into a guy on a business trip for the first time in about 5 years. When I'd met him before, he'd been a quite portly, but now he'd really slimmed down and his hair was no longer grey. Looked 10 years younger. "Jeff", I says, "you've lost weight! You look great!" He says, "Yeah. The chemo has been hell," (and he pulls off his toupee, revealing his bald head), "the hair is a rug, but by God, I'm gonna lick this leukemia!"

Aw, poop. I didn't know that.

Can anyone help pull my foot out of my mouth?
Yeah I kinda wondered if I had cancer a while back when I lost the 25 pounds since I use tobacco. But it went away. When I had gone to the doctor he said "if you lose anymore weight we going to look for a tumor".

Reactions: shortangel

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I kinda wondered if I had cancer a while back when I lost the 25 pounds since I use tobacco. But it went away. When I had gone to the doctor he said "if you lose anymore weight we going to look for a tumor".
So, the next time I saw one of my co-workers who had lost a lot of weight, I told him, "Jim, you look great! Uh, are you feeling okay?" :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a good day, the main event being sorting out my cutlery drawer. I have some nice cutlery that I use only on special occasions but decided that at my time of life I should enjoy it every day.

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This past year I had a slate if food allergies disappear after recovering from covid. I believe God took away the allergies. After a year they haven't returned. I am 20 pounds heavier as a result and I have quite a bit of hair on my head now that I didn't have before.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started Monday and unpacking is almost done. It's about a 20 hour job and I chipped away a few hours a day. Now its just boxes need to be thrown away and wall hangings need to be put up.

Im still putting things aside to give away. I want our home to have a nice open feeling without much clutter. So far so good. Hopefully moving next time will be easier because I plan on maintaining a minimalist mindset.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good day today. My daughter and her husband came and we went for a walk in the park across the road. I have been trying to get my husband out all week as he was very morose last weekend and saying he wished he would die in the night.
He kept putting it off but today when Bev asked him he was all for it and enjoyed it. He uses a mobility scooter. Then we all came back for a sup of tea.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am feeling good. Hubby is home.

If I get lazy and don't eat enough, then no weight loss.

I'm super excited about finding the type of clothes I'd actually buy firsthand. I just have to wait till January and then I can buy some cottagecore dresses and skirts.

My little sister-in-law helped me find the aestetic. I don't know how else to describe it except imagine women with hair ribbons traipsing through fields in feminine dresses and skirts. Cottagecore is what theyd be wearing.

Why do I want to dress like that? I guess it has to do with my love for historical period movies and books and modest feminine clothing. I just find modern fashion for women to be very boring and unflattering.

Reactions: shortangel

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:), my day was great yesturday, went to a new restsutrant with my mom & dad & the family member that's now living with us, then we went to a store & i got 2 bags of sweet corn popcorn,

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made homemade hummus for the first time. I used a youtube recipe. It turned out amazing! A very nice sesame lemon garlic taste and a great texture. I stuck it in the fridge but I think Ill eat some with a few pretzels now.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made homemade hummus for the first time. I used a youtube recipe. It turned out amazing! A very nice sesame lemon garlic taste and a great texture. I stuck it in the fridge but I think Ill eat some with a few pretzels now.
Never tried hummus. Is it good?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been watching these sea otters shows from Tokyo. They are the cutest animals ever. We have some here in the pacific northwest and they are eating all the clams. They're like a cat or something of the ocean. I wouldn't say they are like a dog, that would be more like a sea lion.

9.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went for a walk this morning and it was 31F out. I went back inside for some warm coffee. A bit too cold right now.

Reactions: amadeus