How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have found things I did not know in today's research.

Not only do we have to contend with Catholicism, Ellen G.
White, Joseph Smith, Calvanistic proponents and the bizzare out right self religious but we can add to that Armstongism.( Worldwide Church of God, Adventist, followers of Herbert Armstrong ). This was NOT my COG organization I attended.

This holds to following some Mosaic laws much as Messianic Jews do while incorporating a mix of biblical & unbiblical truths.

I really do not understand why ppl find OSAS proponents so offensive. There are many, many more cults out there posing as God's truth. This need rebuke & correcting more, IMO.

Denying God in His fullness as GOD.
Stating God is a liar but believing in men.
Rebuking him in stating he changes and is NOT the same.
Dissecting his word for self benefit to receive self glory.

It can go on and on those among us who do NOT follow God.

Reactions: amigo de christo

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HAPPY BIRTDAY, sister
Enjoy your trip.
Thank you! It was a good one. Nice time off work.

Some Adventist deny they believe Jesus is only the Archangel Michael but I don't know.......... IF THEY PROFESS JESUS IS GOD !
Oh my. My friend's daughter's a 7th Day Adventist and I thought it was just the Saturdays and I didn't even know about the dietary laws, that's all he mentioned. Oh dear, I sure hope she believes that Jesus is God; and the rest of them too. Thank you for pointing that out; I didn't know that about them.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you! It was a good one. Nice time off work.

Oh my. My friend's daughter's a 7th Day Adventist and I thought it was just the Saturdays and I didn't even know about the dietary laws, that's all he mentioned. Oh dear, I sure hope she believes that Jesus is God; and the rest of them too. Thank you for pointing that out; I didn't know that about them.

You are welcome.

They believe Michael the archangel & Jesus are the same.
I have found through research there are several different Adventist movements so I'm not sure of ALL that they believe.

The above about Michael / Jesus is enough for me. JW do not believe he is God either, they believe the same as Adventist on this.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am feeling spiritually attacked right now.It's always in the evening when my husband is away at work.

Hopefully things will be alright till its time to go to bed.

Today was good though. I got some unpacking done.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am feeling spiritually attacked right now.It's always in the evening when my husband is away at work.

You are NOT alone, little sister.
God is there as well as our thoughts and prayers.

This is an awesome opportunity to pray ,study, listen to music, unclutter your mind and rebuke the devil. YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO NOT BE TORMENTED.
I agree with you for a peaceful night.

Lord surround this home and my sister and her family with your mighty power. I am building an hedge around her in your Spirit for safety and peace. May your rest be given unto her now and through the nights she is alone.
Amen

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are NOT alone, little sister.
God is there as well as our thoughts and prayers.

This is an awesome opportunity to pray ,study, listen to music, unclutter your mind and rebuke the devil. YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO NOT BE TORMENTED.
I agree with you for a peaceful night.

Lord surround this home and my sister and her family with your mighty power. I am building an hedge around her in your Spirit for safety and peace. May your rest be given unto her now and through the nights she is alone.
Amen
I agree with you. Amen. The devil is a defeated foe.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Hi @Wynona Prayer and the Scriptures are wonderful resources for the believer...............

The Psalms contain an amazing range of experience and thought............

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My days are pretty samey since lockdown. I used to go into town with my husband at least twice a week but he is very frail now so we go nowhere unless somebody takes us. So it's reading and chatting on here mostly. Today I did some laundry and ordered some slippers online. Oh and I cleaned our big mirror - our cleaners are rubbish with glass.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im grateful to have a sister-in-law whos younger. We had some deep conversations today. She even asked me about the afterlife and I got to talk about the Lord.

She didn't want to leave and got upset when it was time to go. But I don't think she quite gets that Im her neighbor now and she can come over frequently.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Im grateful to have a sister-in-law whos younger. We had some deep conversations today. She even asked me about the afterlife and I got to talk about the Lord.

She didn't want to leave and got upset when it was time to go. But I don't think she quite gets that Im her neighbor now and she can come over frequently.
Amen sister!

I have had a good day. Time off work for a few days. I'm going to just relax and enjoy it. Raining again :rain?:can't wait till the real summer season starts :Broadly:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did my back exercises and did some walks. Just watching TV now and relaxing. Got to get some more coffee.

Reactions: Wynona

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully something productive gets done today. I'm a bit overwhelmed because now there are chores besides unpacking to do.

I have lost 20 pounds as of today. I am in shock.
Wow that's a lot of weight. If you were trying to lose weight than great.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is teaching me to look at Him and not my circumstances. Even though I was in mental knots about being a housewife and not doing things outside the home, Jesus has untied the knots.

This is where I belong right now. It's the world that says you have to hustle 24/7. Jesus gives rest. And its a blessing to have room to focus on my walk with God, my health, chores, and live a slower, more intentional life.

It could be my "calling" right now is to be an example to my little sister-in-law who already loves and looks up to me.
This man is spot on right dear sister . And it makes my day much better when i see others speaking the truth .

Reactions: Marvelloustime