How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friday was a fun day. Another department that I support at work invited me and one of my co-workers to their Holiday Party down at the bowling alley. I was in a bowling league in my college days (though it would be more accurate to say it was a drinking league that bowled a few frames between beers), but I haven't bowled in years. The rust showed; I've completely forgotten how to slide properly on the follow-through. On the first few balls, I ended up sprawling down the lane on my face, much to the amusement (and concern) of my colleagues. But overall, I acquitted myself decently, and a good time was had by all.

But Saturday, my body was reminding me that I'm no longer in my twenties.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have Lord praising in your building? That's wonderful! Where do you live, in a condo? Or what kind of place will have Lord praising in their building? I would love that kind of gathering.
The beauty of LORD praising time is it can be done alone or with few or with many .
So lift those hands and let the glorious Lord be praised .

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had a pretty good day. I went out with family and spent time with them. I ate dinner at a restaurant. I spent $4 something on a green tea bottle and wasn't thinking that much about the cost. Then I wanted the dessert at the restaurant and my mom said no, since I spent a lot of money on my drink already but I think God loved me that he knew I wasn't really thinking about my drink, I still got a big bowl of dessert my mom and I shared because the dinner we ordered included it. aw..... :)

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my day was great yesturday, did alot of housework, watched some of the Christmas DVD's i have & then some carefuly selected Christmas movies that i taped on DVR

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wish I had a real life friend who lives close to me. I wish the real life friend I made this year who can't be my real life friend anymore due to having pain in her leg/foot will get well again. We're so compatible and she's so nice. Today is her birthday and I spoke to her. she's a real friend. I'm glad I have her as my friend, she likes me. I like friends who I'd like and likes me. I do need more friends. my online friends don't have enough time for me and sometimes I wonder if some of them really like me. :(

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish I had a real life friend who lives close to me. I wish the real life friend I made this year who can't be my real life friend anymore due to having pain in her leg/foot will get well again. We're so compatible and she's so nice. Today is her birthday and I spoke to her. she's a real friend. I'm glad I have her as my friend, she likes me. I like friends who I'd like and likes me. I do need more friends. my online friends don't have enough time for me and sometimes I wonder if some of them really like me. :(
I know I'm really glad you're here!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In shock this morning because my weight loss plateaued and now its falling some more. It doesn't seem real that I weigh 187 pounds now. I still feel a good deal bigger than I am.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hang in there ok :) my day was great yesturday, did alot of housework, watched some Christmas T.V. epsiodes that i have on DVD & then watched some carefuly selected Christmas movies that i taped on DVR

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yesterday I got a flat tire after work. My spare was flat so I called AAA to come out and inflate/install it. I was given a 45 minute wait time. After a few minutes, I thought, I'll get the spare out so it's ready. It was literally exploded. It had burst. Delaminated, my mechanic called it. Ruined.

So I called AAA to cancel the tire change and to get a tow. I sat on hold 30 minutes, so it was time for the driver to arrive by the time I could speak to someone. I'd already had a couple of conversations with the homeowner I was parked in front of.

I was mostly just chilling, hoping the tire would be able to be repaired.

The AAA guy arrived, and good thing, he was driving a tow truck. For tires, they usually send pick up trucks. But we changed the service request, loaded up my car, and I climbed into the truck, and off we drive, 2 miles to the repair shop near my home.

So he asks me, are you into rock and roll?

I said, I used to be, now I'm more into choral hymns.

Kora Sims?

I said, No, Choral Hymns, choirs, How Great Thou Art, Amazing Grace, like that.

Christian stuff.

Yes!

So he said, how about Hillsong? He touches the button on his dash, and "What a Beautiful Name" floods through the cabin.

I love this song! I told him, and then began the sweetest Christian fellowship, it was wonderful! A beautiful experience and I'm still floating on the memory!

Leaving it a the station, learning today the tire was ruined, that I need 2 more besides (I'm worse than broke!), that I missed a half day of work, cannot compete with the sweetness of that fellowship.

God is so good!

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm doing well today. Grateful for a nice hot meal made of rotisserie chicken scraps and grits.

Tomorrow, I will likely visit a new church.

Reactions: Nancy

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did my exercise, slept a lot as I thought I probably wouldn't have anything meaningful to do that'll make me happy that I had motivation to do if I was awake and I was right. there was not much to do today but I ate a dessert and lunch, dinner and listened to Christmas music. It's not going to be as nice it seems after the Christmas music is gone from the radio. :( *sad* I need more online friends I"d like.

Reactions: Wynona