How would you respond to this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Babylonian Talmud in reverse Tovia and the missionaries are not targeting the Jews, you are targeting anything that is Christian, even Christ Jesus.

The famous warning of Jesus Christ about the tradition of men that voids Scripture (Mark 7:1-13), is in fact, a direct reference to the Talmud, or more specifically, the forerunner of the first part of it, the Mishnah, which existed in oral form during Christ’s lifetime, before being committed to writing.

Mark chapter 7, from verse one through thirteen, represents Our Lord’s pointed condemnation of the Mishnah.

Unfortunately, due to the abysmal ignorance of our day, the widespread “Judeo-Christian” notion is that the Old Testament is the supreme book of Judaism. But this is not so. The Pharisees teach for doctrine the commandments of rabbis, not God.

The Talmudic commentary on the Bible is their supreme law, and not the Bible itself. That commentary does indeed, as Jesus said, void the laws of God, not uphold them. As students of the Talmud, we know this to be true.

Jewish scholar Hyam Maccoby, in Judaism on Trial, quotes Rabbi Yehiel ben Joseph: “Further, without the Talmud, we would not be able to understand passages in the Bible…God has handed this authority to the sages and tradition is a necessity as well as scripture. The Sages also made enactments of their own…anyone who does not study the Talmud cannot understand Scripture.”

J.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not for Jews

This lady is most vicious and I have watched hundreds (no kidding) of videos and not one Christian could be like an Apollos.
The frivolous bantering on this forum is nothing compared to these folks, just keep in mind we cannot quote scriptures to them, it's a copy and paste to their Torah, not infallible, yet constantly under scrutiny.

It might be interesting going through her refutations of the 365 prophecies which Christians say refer to Jesus, but she doesn't start well there either.

Her argument concerning the 1st is this:

Many Christians believe the claim that Genesis 3:15 says "seed" and that this somehow applies to Jesus and / or Christians. The Blue Letter Bible goes on to say "The seed is to be understood as either one individual or a group of people whose appearance would be some time in the future. It was a promise of someone or some people to come." The Christian Courier identifies this "seed" as Jesus (along with his people). Yet B'reshit / Genesis 3:15 does not say anything about one individual or a "group" of people -- it speaks of ALL people. After all Chava (Eve) was the mother to every single human who ever lived!

The problem with this argument is that scripture is clearly referring to an individual in the rest of the verse, where God tells the serpent, "I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed (singular) and her seed (singular). He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.” How, and in what kind of natural reading, could the singular words "he" and "his" be used in reference to all of mankind?

I don't think she's a great apologist either, frankly, though maybe some of her other arguments are better than this one.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It might be interesting going through her refutations of the 365 prophecies which Christians say refer to Jesus, but she doesn't start well there either.

Her argument concerning the 1st is this:

Many Christians believe the claim that Genesis 3:15 says "seed" and that this somehow applies to Jesus and / or Christians. The Blue Letter Bible goes on to say "The seed is to be understood as either one individual or a group of people whose appearance would be some time in the future. It was a promise of someone or some people to come." The Christian Courier identifies this "seed" as Jesus (along with his people). Yet B'reshit / Genesis 3:15 does not say anything about one individual or a "group" of people -- it speaks of ALL people. After all Chava (Eve) was the mother to every single human who ever lived!

The problem with this argument is that scripture is clearly referring to an individual in the rest of the verse, where God tells the serpent, "I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed (singular) and her seed (singular). He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.” How, and in what kind of natural reading, could the singular words "he" and "his" be used in reference to all of mankind? There is not even precedent for this in the OT, let alone any other language that I know of.

I don't think she's a great apologist either, frankly, though maybe some of her other arguments are better than this one.
That was a foretaste of what is to come brother, and you need her approval to quote her posts here. Do be careful.
Look at her blog, and be prepared for some shocking information.
J.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was a foretaste of what is to come brother, and you need her approval to quote her posts here. Do be careful.
J.

Not my thing.

The problem many Christians make is in adding fuel to the fire by "refuting" people like that. You see a lot of it here, especially from those who know how to play others well. "TheeFaith" is a good example. Many are not sophisticated enough to know they are letting themselves to be goaded into discussing heretical doctrines for weeks and then months on end, thinking they will "show him up with scripture."

I would never engage someone like that unless it was apparent she was leading astray the faithful, and thus there was no choice. Otherwise, you are giving her a bigger voice and more attention by "refuting" her.

I do understand the concern, however.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not my thing.

The problem many Christians make is in adding fuel to the fire by "refuting" people like that. You see a lot of it here, especially from those who know how to play others well. "TheeFaith" is a good example. Many are not sophisticated enough to know they are letting themselves to be goaded into discussing heretical doctrines for weeks and then months on end, thinking they will "show him up with scripture."

I would never engage someone like that unless it was apparent she was leading astray the faithful, and thus there was no choice. Otherwise, you are giving her a bigger voice and more attention by "refuting" her.

I do understand the concern, however.
Are you aware how many Christians are going through the gate of Judaism?
That is leading the faithful astray my brother, but if this is not for you I understand.
J.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think there is going to be a revival brother, some are content to bury their heads in the sand, like an ostrich, not saying you are.
J.
Tribulation and persecution will bring about revival and reformation. God is quite handy with this method. All He has to do is withdraw His protecting hand slightly and the destroyer moves right in. Works every time. Fear not, my friend. ;)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is only the beginning brother, Christ Jesus never existed, was not crucified nor any resurrection, no Holy Spirit, this going on on YouTube debunking everything we hold to as believers in Christ Jesus, not only from him and his team but a prominent lady whom I met on Facebook, with disastrous results.

Sophiee Saguy

Jesus is not for Jews

Not only them but the Immams on YouTube debunking everything and I see a pattern here as well.
J.
I haven't listened to your videos but may I suggest that the determination to debunk Christianity within Jewry and Islam... The determination to make Jesus an historical irrelevance at best, and a non-entity at worst, is a direct response, and a desperately failing one at that, to the actual and very real present moving of the holy Spirit's power within both those communities drawing many to Jesus? If that is so, then is it worth our attention seeing God Himself has chosen to ignore it and go ahead anyway with His own plans?

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's why I say, there is no such thing as Judeo-Christian religion.
There is, in fact, nothing else, J. The reason Christians cannot contend with these spoilers of peace is that they are buried in their Covenant Theology and Dispensationalism. People who understand that the greatest advance in Christianity came at a time when there was no New Testament would not be intimidated in the least. The Old Testament belongs to those who bear Christ's name.

In the middle ages, the Bible was chained to monastery walls, forbidden of possession by common people, and European mountain-dwellers would sew a page or two in between the fabric of their garments and smuggle them to those who showed an interest in breaking off the yoke of Romanism.

But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost. (Mark 13:11)​

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There will be, but only after the church has gone through a complete humiliation before the eyes of the world. Our habit of relying on the power of the flesh must come to an end, and it will whether we like it or not. God is not going to put off the harvest forever.
What is the gospel? What is justification by faith? It is the work of God in laying the glory of man in the dust, and doing for man that which it is not in his power to do for himself.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I understand where you are coming from, and I partly agree. But I do respond as you may have noticed, but it isn't just for his benefit, but for the many who are looking on thinking perhaps that he actually has an argument and cannot be refuted. He, and one or two other Catholics on this forum are skilled in this kind of debate thingy, but cannot be permitted to continue unmolested... Though they may themselves never relent or change their spots, those reading from afar ought to be given an avenue for investigation and thought that offers another way.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand where you are coming from, and I partly agree. But I do respond as you may have noticed, but it isn't just for his benefit, but for the many who are looking on thinking perhaps that he actually has an argument and cannot be refuted. He, and one or two other Catholics on this forum are skilled in this kind of debate thingy, but cannot be permitted to continue unmolested... Though they may themselves never relent or change their spots, those reading from afar ought to be given an avenue for investigation and thought that offers another way.

I understand. His threads are more of a contention area for you than me (not that I agree with him). If he were Cessationist, it might be pulling me in more as well. When it comes to matters that are of particular importance to us, it gets awfully tough always letting things slide.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I haven't listened to your videos but may I suggest that the determination to debunk Christianity within Jewry and Islam... The determination to make Jesus an historical irrelevance at best, and a non-entity at worst, is a direct response, and a desperately failing one at that, to the actual and very real present moving of the holy Spirit's power within both those communities drawing many to Jesus? If that is so, then is it worth our attention seeing God Himself has chosen to ignore it and go ahead anyway with His own plans?
You have a point Brakelite, One for Israel is used mightily to those chained/imprisoned... by the Holy Spirit.
J.