How would you respond to this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Johann, you might wanna limit your OP to just one two-hour video for starters, Lol.

I just have time to watch the initial minutes of the first vid, atm, but his argument that the Bible ended with the Old Testament sounds a lot like the argument Cessationists often use to say the Bible ended with the New. The truth, however, is that God has never stopped speaking, and those who say He has are in effect worshipping a silent, dead God, who is in effect no god at all.

He's already making a weak argument by 3:58. The reason Christianity was not simply a matter of people "gluing" the New Testament unto the Old as a type of "slight of hand" is because the power of God - and by that I mean the power of their God - was confirming the word of Jesus Christ and the church with signs and wonders following. This is why Christianity conquered the Roman world when Judaism was nearly destroyed by it. He is glossing over that fact likely because the power of God isn't present in his meetings either.

Just an exercise in intellectual debate, nothing more. It would never impress those who have actually experienced the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Johann, you might wanna limit your OP to just one two-hour video for starters, Lol.

I just have time to watch the initial minutes of the first vid, atm, but his argument that the Bible ended with the Old Testament sounds a lot like the argument Cessationists often use to say the Bible ended with the New. The truth, however, is that God has never stopped speaking, and those who say He has are in effect worshipping a silent, dead God, who is in effect no god at all.

He's already making a weak argument by 3:58. The reason Christianity was not simply a matter of people "gluing" the New Testament unto the Old as a type of "slight of hand" is because the power of God - and by that I mean the power of their God - was confirming the word of Jesus Christ and the church with signs and wonders following. This is why Christianity conquered the Roman world when Judaism was nearly destroyed by it. He is glossing over that fact likely because the power of God isn't present in his meetings either.

Just an exercise in intellectual debate, nothing more. It would never impress those who have actually experienced the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
Hi brother, long time no hear?
I'm here stirring the pot, calling a spade a spade.
That kind of reasoning is not going to make Singer disappear, he and his crew are here to stay.
J.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi brother, long time no hear?
I'm here stirring the pot, calling a spade a spade.

It's interesting, anyway. Strange how not many Jews interact on Christian forums these days, not that it's the most inviting experience.

Anyway, 9:30 - 16:30 is another weak argument. He uses a text that does NOT discuss how to judge between true and false prophets to transfer all authority on such matters over to the Jewish leadership rather than leave such decisions up to the people themselves. But thankfully it has never been in the hands of Jewish leadership alone to decide for humanity who is a prophet and who is not. They accused Jesus of doing His works by the power of demons, and I'm guessing he may eventually have no choice but to do so as well, but Jesus' works testified to His authority through the Power of God.

Again, he wishes to reduce the matter down to a mere intellectual debate, casting aside the Power of God as if it had no relevance or importance in the matter. But the opinion of God - their God - is far more important than the opinion of men. Always has been, always will be.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It's interesting, anyway. Strange how not many Jews interact on Christian forums these days, not that it's the most inviting experience.

Anyway, 9:30 - 16:30 is another weak argument. He uses a text that does NOT discuss how to judge between true and false prophets to transfer all authority on such matters over to the Jewish leadership rather than leave such decisions up to the people themselves. But thankfully it has never been in the hands of Jewish leadership alone to decide for humanity who is a prophet and who is not. They accused Jesus of doing His works by the power of demons, and I'm guessing he may eventually have no choice but to do so as well, but Jesus' works testified to the Power of God.

Again, he wishes to reduce the matter down to a mere intellectual debate, casting aside the Power of God as if it had no relevance or importance in the matter. But the opinion of God - their God - is far more important than the opinion of men. Always has been, always will be.
This is only the beginning brother, Christ Jesus never existed, was not crucified nor any resurrection, no Holy Spirit, this going on on YouTube debunking everything we hold to as believers in Christ Jesus, not only from him and his team but a prominent lady whom I met on Facebook, with disastrous results.

Sophiee Saguy

Jesus is not for Jews

Not only them but the Immams on YouTube debunking everything and I see a pattern here as well.
J.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is the end days. Satan is at work in the world now more than ever. We must stand firm and fight the good spiritual fight.
Matthew 24:24
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

And this is important because it is repeated in Mark 13:22

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Johann

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is only the beginning brother, Christ Jesus never existed, was not crucified nor any resurrection, no Holy Spirit, this going on on YouTube debunking everything we hold to as believers in Christ Jesus, not only from him and his team but a prominent lady whom I met on Facebook, with disastrous results.

Sophiee Saguy

Jesus is not for Jews

Not only them but the Immams on YouTube debunking everything and I see a pattern here as well.
J.

Well thanks for the heads up. He's about to make another weak argument at 22:44, that God could have just shown up and spoken to the Jews audibly like at Sinai. What he is assuming is that they would have responded favorably. In reality, they would have rebelled against God even more than they did in the Wilderness, as is evident from the fact that they murdered the very prophets he himself mentions in his teaching as truly having come from God.

Just more excuses, which is a little disappointing coming from a Jew. There is enough mental weakness in this world already without even the Jews raising poorly thought-out arguments.

Reactions: Brakelite

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sophiee Saguy

Jesus is not for Jews

This is why demonstrations of the Power of God are necessary once again. It will forever be simply a matter of our opinion against theirs until it does. But when the power of God shows up, it manifests what His opinion is, and then it will get harder for them to simply explain things away, just as it was during New Testament times.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This is why demonstrations of the Power of God are necessary once again. It will forever be simply a matter of our opinion against theirs until it does. But when the power of God shows up, it manifests what His opinion is, and then it will get harder for them to simply explain things away, just as it was during New Testament times.
Act 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
Act 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
Act 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
Act 18:27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:
Act 18:28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

That's what we need, and people like Aquila and Priscilla, to think, Apollos, mighty in scriptures, knowing only the baptism of John.
J.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Well thanks for the heads up. He's about to make another weak argument at 22:44, that God could have just shown up and spoken to the Jews audibly like at Sinai. What he is assuming is that they would have responded favorably. In reality, they would have rebelled against God even more than they did in the Wilderness, as is evident from the fact that they murdered the very prophets he himself mentions in his teaching as truly having come from God.

Just more excuses, which is a little disappointing coming from a Jew. There is enough mental weakness in this world already without even the Jews raising poorly thought-out arguments.
On the contrary my brother, this is not poorly thought out, it is showing up the Christians and their lack of reading scriptures.
J.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
Act 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
Act 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
Act 18:27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:
Act 18:28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

That's what we need, and people like Aquila and Priscilla, to think, Apollos, mighty in scriptures, knowing only the baptism of John.
J.

That helps, but the outpouring is the big difference-maker. 3,000 Jews were added to the church after Pentecost alone, let alone in the years following.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary my brother, this is not poorly thought out, it is showing up the Christians and their lack of reading scriptures.
J.

Well it's poorly-thought out to those with a little education, LoL. But I do understand what you mean.

See, that's all the more reason why I don't think the "power" of debate will decide anything. Many (if not most) Christians today couldn't debate their way out of a paper bag. They're too used to playing the role of spiritual spectators during church services, which makes up the dominant portion of their spiritual lives and leaves them entirely ill-equipped. But again, what's most sorely lacking is the outpouring. The Lord promised that in that hour the Spirit would give us the words to speak, and it is why 12 uneducated men from Galilee astounded even the greatest minds in Judaism during New Testament times. Is the church walking in this same anointing today? Not in my opinion.

Point granted, however.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That helps, but the outpouring is the big difference-maker. 3,000 Jews were added to the church after Pentecost alone, let alone in the years following.
I don't think there is going to be a revival brother, some are content to bury their heads in the sand, like an ostrich, not saying you are.
J.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think there is going to be a revival brother, some are content to bury their heads in the sand, like an ostrich, not saying you are.
J.

There will be, but only after the church has gone through a complete humiliation before the eyes of the world. Our habit of relying on the power of the flesh must come to an end, and it will whether we like it or not. God is not going to put off the harvest forever.

Reactions: Brakelite

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don't somehow think there is going to be another outpouring brother, we stand on what the Word says, and even our sword is under attack, our offensive and defensive piece of our armor.
At the moment I am not being edified at all.
J.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't somehow think there is going to be another outpouring brother, we stand on what the Word says, and even our sword is under attack, our offensive and defensive piece of our armor.
At the moment I am not being edified at all.
J.

I feel you, but hang in there. It gets better. :cool:

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
When I have time, I may go through the other videos with you.

I'd be curious to see what else is being said.

God bless, and thank you for posting.
- H
Are you an Admin here?
Jesus is not for Jews

This lady is most vicious and I have watched hundreds (no kidding) of videos and not one Christian could be like an Apollos.
The frivolous bantering on this forum is nothing compared to these folks, just keep in mind we cannot quote scriptures to them, it's a copy and paste to their Torah, not infallible, yet constantly under scrutiny.

We are in the last days brother, where do you think Mohammed got his religion from?
That's why I say, there is no such thing as Judeo-Christian religion.
J.