Hypocrisy of OSAS: They Hate Sinning

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS spends all their time talking about how they are still depraved sinners, but that now they really, really, really hate it.

And that they really, really, really look for the day of the resurrection, so that they will stop their sinning by death of the body.

They teach continuing to sin unto death, but no longer enjoying it.

So long as their souls hate the sinning of their bodies, then their souls are not judge for it.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS clingers really think that so long as they hate it while sinning, God is happy.

They preach a God who hates sinning, but is happy so long as sinners really, really, really hate it while sinning.

The problem is that no man sinning can possibly hate it while sinning.

Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season.

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God.

You see, Scripture declares that people are sinning, not because they don't want to, much less hating it, but rather because they enjoy it's pleasure more than loving God.

This is what happens when hypocrites say they believe God and His word, but do not take God at His word in Scripture.

They make God a liar, by declaring how He is wrong where they are concerned, because they no more enjoy it while they are sinning, but really, really, really hate it now.

God says people are sinning because they enjoy it more than loving Him, and they say no, that's not true: they really, really, really hate it while sinning with the flesh, because they really, really, really do love Him in heart.

OSAS is religion of oily grace for soddish children, who not only want to believe their own lies, but also want everyone else to believe them too.

"I know I do bad things, but in my heart I'm really, really, really good. And so I really, really, really hate doing bad things."

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS is religion of oily grace for soddish children, who not only want to believe their own lies, but also want everyone else to believe them too.

I would agree with that.

And what's kind of funny, it's the big money prosperity type churches that draw huge crowds that preach that false OSAS stuff.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone sins. That’s what many confess around here.

So you might as well throw your Bibles away and stop being hypocrites!

The Bible teaches to stop sinning!

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would agree with that.

And what's kind of funny, it's the big money prosperity type churches that draw huge crowds that preach that false OSAS stuff.

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

What's not to like about going to heaven for sure, so long as you believe it? And sprinkle in a little soulful admonition to not enjoy it so much when sinning.

The Pharisees used to draw long faces when fasting, and so the OSAS crowd draw long faces when getting drunk or fornicating.

Not only are the sinning against God, but their also bumming out the normal sinners.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Colossians 1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

1 pet 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

What's not to like about going to heaven for sure, so long as you believe it? And sprinkle in a little soulful admonition to not enjoy it so much when sinning.

The Pharisees used to draw long faces when fasting, and so the OSAS crowd draw long faces when getting drunk or fornicating.

Not only are the sinning against God, but their also bumming out the normal sinners.

I see a very, very dangerous working by the "workers of iniquity" with that "once saved, always saved" (OSAS) doctrine of men. It is an indirect way to DENY Christ Jesus and His saving Grace.

Jesus speaking...
Matt 7:20-23
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto Me, "Lord, Lord", shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father Which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?"

23 And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."

KJV

We cannot think Jesus meant that for unbelieving Jews, because looks at the works they claimed to have done in His Name. Those are believers on Him.

Notice why... He will say to those to get away from Him when He comes? Because of their practicing iniquity.

Even after... we have believed on The Father and Lord Jesus Christ and been baptized, we still are to REPENT to Him of our future sins, trying to stay in the WALK with Him.

To think all FUTURE SIN is automatically covered with our first belief puts us in danger, because we will NOT be checking ourselves for future sin. Don't have to, we'd wrongly think, because all our sins at all times is already forgiven, we think, if we heed OSAS. So you won't be watching behavior is what it means, which essentially means BLINDING YOURSELF away from those future sins you might commit.

Some will say, "Oh, that's too much like going back into the bondage of the law! We're dead to the law being in Christ!" Oh really? Slip up at a company party maybe and have a bit too much alcohol to drink, get in your car and get a DUI, and see how 'you' just put yourself... back into bondage to God's laws! It's really that simple.

It's the anarchist (lawless) and libertine that hates the idea of being told when they sin. The lawless and godless don't believe there is any such thing as sin. And that attribute is one of Satan's attributes that he rebelled against God with.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS spends all their time talking about how they are still depraved sinners, but that now they really, really, really hate it.

And that they really, really, really look for the day of the resurrection, so that they will stop their sinning by death of the body.

So long as their souls hate the sinning of their bodies, then their souls are not judge for it.
The problem I have with OSAS is that these people seem to be oblivious to the fact the Lord chastises us if we stubbornly persist in our sin, and his chastisement can be most painful (right here on earth).

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The problem I have with OSAS is that these people seem to be oblivious to the fact the Lord chastises us if we stubbornly persist in our sin, and his chastisement can be most painful (right here on earth).
You do have a way with words.