I’m in a strange place: very conservative, but not Christian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You gotta be jivin' us boy..:)
Mithras looks like some kind of perv, Krishna like a tranny, and Horus like a bleddy cockatoo..:)

View attachment 25276
-------------------------------------------

View attachment 25277

----------------------------------------------------

View attachment 25278

I don’t see a fundamental difference between Jesus walking on water and a winged rabbit. The only difference is that one is socially accepted and thrown into the ‘religion’ category and the other society will call you crazy for believing in it. You have a bias for a man on a cross who could walk on water over the other examples you posted pictures of. Did you know Hindus who pray to a shrine with a half elephant/half man statue, see that statue the same way you see a man on a cross?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
We are not talking about god but your belief in Pew research as the source of truth WHILE denying even the notion of truth.

You have much faith in Atheism but are no skeptic.

Again, I leave you to your mystical contradictions.

I never said I took pew as the absolute truth, you are assuming. By that same token, you are also automatically refuting the validity of any research studies completely which isn’t exactly an indicator of critical thought.

Atheism is not a religion or a belief. Remember when you said proper use of language and definitions? Don’t twist it now only because it behooves you my friend. Atheism is defined as the lack of belief.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And scripture also contradicts itself and promotes a lot of nonsense such as homophobia, misogyny, slavery, etc...Atheism is what happens when you read the Bible. Christianity is what happens when someone else reads it for you..

1- Homos are dying like flies of AIDS because they disregarded God's fatherly warning to lay off that stuff, huh he tries to be nice!

2- Christianity LURVS women, Paul paid glowing tributes to them..:)-
"I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchrea..she has been a great help to many people, including me..
Greet Priscilla , my fellow worker in Christ Jesus, she risked her life for me.
Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you..
Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa and Persis, those women who work hard in the Lord.
Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too.
Greet Julia.." (Romans ch 16)

3- And slavery is a no-no-
"..law is made not for the righteous but for the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious...for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars.." (1 Timothy 1:9-11)

4- Atheism is what happens when people see something in the Bible that upsets them..:)

Snowflake-safe-space.jpg

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..You have a bias for a man on a cross who could walk on water over the other examples you posted pictures of. Did you know Hindus who pray to a shrine with a half elephant/half man statue, see that statue the same way you see a man on a cross?

1- Jesus's 37 miracles blew the socks off the thousands who saw him, heck he was almost as big as Elvis and the similarities are uncanny..:)
"And the people all tried to touch him, because power was coming from him" (Luke 6:19)

elvis-touch.jpg

2- The Hindu 'gods' look like something out of a zoo..:)

rel-ganesh.jpg

rel-God_Hanuman.jpg

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
1- Homos are dying like flies of AIDS because they disregarded God's fatherly warning to lay off that stuff, huh he tries to be nice!

2- Christianity LURVS women, Paul paid glowing tributes to them..:)-
"I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchrea..she has been a great help to many people, including me..
Greet Priscilla , my fellow worker in Christ Jesus, she risked her life for me.
Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you..
Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa and Persis, those women who work hard in the Lord.
Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too.
Greet Julia.." (Romans ch 16)

3- And slavery is a no-no-
"..law is made not for the righteous but for the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious...for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars.." (1 Timothy 1:9-11)

4- Atheism is what happens when people see something in the Bible that upsets them..:)

View attachment 25298

AIDS is more prevalent among homosexuals because they have more partners, not because of the back door act. Many straight couples use the back door without getting AIDS. Maybe a UTI but not AIDS. In Leviticus 18:22 which mentions that lying with another man is an abomination has been reinterpreted to refer to incestuous sex between males. Then again Leviticus 24:16 condones the killing of unbelievers.

Regarding slavery, there are also verses such as Ephesians 6:5 which mention that slaves should obey. The Bible has been used to justify slavery when Africans made freedom their path. Slave owners literally waved bibles over their heads during the Civil War. They too, had no doubt in their mind they were going to make it to heaven.

Maybe atheism is what happens when people see something in the Bible that upsets them. Maybe it’s also due to taking that extra couple seconds thinking about what you just read before accepting it as the Word. The main thing is that the Bible is perceived as a serious book, which real people believe in and devote their lives to-it has implications. It’s not just some storybook for many people. As a society at large it’s important to investigate the source of people’s thinking. It is the way people think which has the largest impact, not some temporary political leader elected for 4 years only to undo the previous guy’s executive orders. People in positions of power will be against abortion solely due to their religion, it’s much more rare that an atheist would.

And while those half elephant gods look funny to you, the Hindus seeing a picture of Christ bleeding out while on a crucifix would probably have them wondering, “What kind of savagery is this?!” Or if they knew that people worship such a thing, I wouldn’t be surprised if they would then wonder, “AND why are people worshipping this form of savagery?!” Of course, you would then have to explain to them that God sent God to sacrifice God to God to save us from God. Which when you take that and put it side by side with their veneration of a cow, it really isn’t that hard to see the comedy of it all.

The Christians are on their knees in front of a cross, the Hindus are on their knees in front of a cow. It doesn’t take a genius to see that both are on their knees for something other than to pick something up.

3D9D5C58-855E-4D61-A036-847987DC912A.jpeg

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..AIDS is more prevalent among homosexuals because they have more partners, not because of the back door act. Many straight couples use the back door without getting AIDS...
Regarding slavery, there are also verses such as Ephesians 6:5 which mention that slaves should obey..
And while those half elephant gods look funny to you, the Hindus seeing a picture of Christ bleeding out while on a crucifix would probably have them wondering, “What kind of savagery is this?!”

1- Male/ female couples don't get AIDS because it's only the mixing of male-to-male body fluids that cause it, their asses are a breeding ground for more mutant viruses than a chinese street food market..:)
Incidentally gays try to blame bonobo monkeys for spreading AIDS but that's baloney, I mean since when do bonobo monkeys hang in gay bars..:)

2- "He that steals a man and sells him, or if he be found in his hands, he shall surely be put to death " (Exodus 21:16; Deuteronomy 24:7).
Anyway the word servant and slave are interchangeable, for example, some people voluntarily became indentured servants-
WIKI- "Voluntary slavery (or self-sale)..In ancient times, this was a common way for impoverished people to provide subsistence for themselves or their family"
No Christian condones slavery, Livingstone died in Africa fighting it-
"It is impossible to overstate the evils of slavery"- David Livingstone
rel-David_Livingstone.gif

Some of his diary entries-
7th August 1871 -"ill and almost every step in pain"
11th August-"Rested half a day as I am still ill"
13th August- "I am suffering greatly"
16th August- "To Luama river. Very ill with bowels"
19th-20th August- "Rest from weakness"
29th August- "ill all night, and remain"
30th August- "Ditto, ditto"
23rd September- "I felt as if dying on my feet...almost every step was in pain..violent diarrhoea"
8th October- "The dust of the march caused ophthalmia...ill"

3- As for Hinduism, it's not exactly squeaky-clean-

rel-caste.jpg

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..The Christians are on their knees in front of a cross..

Nah, Jesus wants CHUMS, not fawning worshippers..:)
"You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends"- (John 15:15)

rel-jesus-friends.jpg

The woman at the well- "When the Messiah comes, he''ll tell us everything"
Jesus- "I'm him, he's speaking to you now" (John 4:25-26)

rel-jes-pal.jpg

jesus-hug.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah, Jesus wants CHUMS, not fawning worshippers..:)
"You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends"- (John 15:15)

View attachment 25309

The woman at the well- "When the Messiah comes, he''ll tell us everything"
Jesus- "I'm him, he's speaking to you now" (John 4:25-26)

View attachment 25310

View attachment 25311
I have called you FRIENDS , IF ya do whatsoever i have commanded you .
Often folks forget that last part . Being hearers and doers of the glorious Word .
And the LORD has given the SPIRIT unto the believers and by that SPIRIT they can do the things pleasing unto GOD .
Now lift those hands and praise the glorious Lord .

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have called you FRIENDS , IF ya do whatsoever i have commanded you .
Often folks forget that last part . Being hearers and doers of the glorious Word .
And the LORD has given the SPIRIT unto the believers and by that SPIRIT they can do the things pleasing unto GOD .
Now lift those hands and praise the glorious Lord .

I don't think Jesus said that "lift those hands" bit did he?..:)
Regarding "worshipping", when Ezekiel saw them flying wheel things he fell facedown, but one of the occupants (an angel?) told him to get up-
"He said to me, “Son of man, stand up on your feet and I will speak to you” (Ezekiel 2:1)

UFO-ezekiel.jpg

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yup. Do you have faith in your fellow man? Can anyone prove something to you that you did not see or at least be believe them? Most atheists are also misanthropic and would never believe their fellow man on such matters.

You are asserting a negation, which is really no assertion but a denial of an assertion. Many play such word games with themselves, especially on the subject of absolutes.

You say that by me saying I don’t know anything, I’m playing a word game. Well, I don’t know if I’m playing a word game either. You also said if I didn’t know anything I wouldn’t know how to log onto this site. There is a difference between relative knowledge and knowing ultimate reality.

The not knowing I speak of is with regards to ultimate reality. Even if you say that ultimate reality is something thrown around by mystics, there is an ultimate reality since ultimate reality is already what is before it gets conceptualized and labeled. It doesn’t matter what word you use for a tree, a tree being a tree has nothing to do with what you call it.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think Jesus said that "lift those hands" bit did he?..:)
Regarding "worshipping", when Ezekiel saw them flying wheel things he fell facedown, but one of the occupants (an angel?) told him to get up-
"He said to me, “Son of man, stand up on your feet and I will speak to you” (Ezekiel 2:1)

View attachment 25313
Ezzekial saw the GLORY of GOD . WHO do you THINK the GLORY OF GOD IS
for that read revelation . ITS CHRIST JESUS . HE IS THE GLORY OF GOD .
And as for my saying of raise those hands and praise the LORD , Read some pslams my friend .
HOW can i not praise HIM . I was worst of the worst and GOD had mercy . IF i had my way
I would tell folks to praise and thank HIM continuously . OH wait that is in a pslam as well .
SO PUT THOSE HANDS UP and LET THE LORD be PRAISED . PRAISE YE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
THE JOY of the LORD is my strength and the salvation of the LORD is my joy . Now hands up , cause its time to praise the glorious LORD .
AND if we read in the gospels . IT says and they sang a hym . OH YES they sure did . Now lift those hands up and let the LORD
be praised and thanked . I say REJOICE in the LORD always . But then i didnt say that first . EVEN paul said it
REJOICE in the LORD always . SO hands up my peoples , cause its LORD praising and thanking time in the building .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As far as Christianity is concerned, the biggest thing holding me back about it is not so much the hotly debated topics like what the Bible says about women, slavery, God razing cities…but more the claims of God’s existence. All that other stuff can be debated to death with Christian apologetics actually offering some very solid arguments to clarify “so called contradictions in the Bible”. I don’t care too much about the extent of hypocrisy within Christianity as much as I care about an actual supernatural being that exists.

I can’t believe in something I can’t see evidence of and by the same token I also can’t make any assertions that God doesn’t exist either. There are just many logical fallacies concerning the existence of God on both Christians and the atheist’s side. One of them is the fallacy that just because there’s trees and birds, boom..God automatically exists; that doesn’t convince me.

In fact I still attend church from time to time because I like being around somewhat like-minded people.
When Jesus gets hold of someone, He is revealed to them....not to their physical eyes necessarily (though sometimes can be in a vision, yes) but usually to the heart/spirit of the person. I used to be agnostic until the Lord came calling and got hold of me and also I have seen Him in vision. As well as ongoing communication through the years of having known Him....His sheep know His voice. I can tell you He is real. If you are sincere and desire the truth He said that if you ask He will answer, if you seek you will find, and if you knock the door will be opened.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Fans of Jesus are not 'fanatics' and neither are Elvis fans..:)

Jesus literally leaves their mouth every single day. How are a vegan, cross fitter, and a Jesus believer alike? They will let you know within 5 minutes.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..How are a vegan, cross fitter, and a Jesus believer alike?..

A vegan worships brussel sprouts, a cross-dresser likes wearing women's clothes, but Christians don't do that stuff..:)
No offence mate but can you specifically tell us what it is about Jesus and Christianity that upsets you?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
An interactive resource to explore Bible contradictions, cruelty and other detrimental aspects of the Bible.
Interactive graphic consisting of 474 contradictions in the Bible broken into various categories. You can select any book from the Bible you want to look at, or different topics. Take your pick

That's just a hodge-podge mixture of quotes from the Old T and New T, but Jesus TRASHED the harshness of the Old T..:)
Jesus said- "It was said 'eye for eye, tooth for tooth' but I say turn the other cheek".....
"You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbour and hate your enemy. But I tell you Love your enemies" (Matthew 5:38-39, Matthew 5:43-44)

After all, if God wanted us to stick with the Old he wouldn't have sent Jesus to give us the New would he?
People quickly realised-
"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator is superior to the old one" (Hebrews 8:6)
"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent." (Acts of the Apostles 17:30)
"The law brought us to Christ like a schoolmaster, but now through Christ we are not under that schoolmaster" (Galatians 3:22-25)

God had to be tough with Old T boneheaded peoples in order to get their respect; Riker had the same problem with Lt. Klag-

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
An interactive resource to explore Bible contradictions, cruelty and other detrimental aspects of the Bible.

Interactive graphic consisting of 474 contradictions in the Bible broken into various categories. You can select any book from the Bible you want to look at, or different topics. Take your pick
im really liking that one, particularly when you click on a specific contradiction down lower, and it gets resolved in comments. A similar one, thought they were the same, guess not, BibViz Project - Bible Contradictions, Misogyny, Violence, Inaccuracies interactively visualized

Last edited: