I am bored

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling bored usually means coming face to face with a negative, unnamed, and uncomfortable emotion that cannot be allowed to be fully felt, therefore it is classified as ‘bored’ which compels a person to continue repressing the emotion and being active in some manner - chores, exercise, etc.

Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get away from the computer. You need another responsibility.

Raise some chickens. You get both eggs and meat.

Raise some rabbits. You get meat and fur.

It may sound easy, but it isn't. You have to be involved with them every day.

Stranger
Tried the rabbits several years ago, neighbors dogs came terrorizing them one night ended up shooting the dogs and got rid of the rabbits.
Wasn’t worth the trouble for me.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Welcome back Triumph! :)
As you folks probably noticed on my Facebook, I am on the road and staying in Langley BC close to Vancouver right now. Not much time really to go on this Forum but I try. After the 26 of Aug. I am going back to my homebase in Quesnel. Still trying to sell my home at the lake, but due to several local sawmill shut downs real estate is not very active in the area. I dropped the price 50.000 dollars and that resulted in a few offers but not attractive to me, so I turned them down. I did not even feel like countering. The house is not "hanging around my neck" so to speak.... But, anyways, the Lord knows the new owners, just a matter waiting for them to show up. Please pray for this. Thanks. God bless all of you.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you folks probably noticed on my Facebook, I am on the road and staying in Langley BC close to Vancouver right now. Not much time really to go on this Forum but I try. After the 26 of Aug. I am going back to my homebase in Quesnel. Still trying to sell my home at the lake, but due to several local sawmill shut downs real estate is not very active in the area. I dropped the price 50.000 dollars and that resulted in a few offers but not attractive to me, so I turned them down. I did not even feel like countering. The house is not "hanging around my neck" so to speak.... But, anyways, the Lord knows the new owners, just a matter waiting for them to show up. Please pray for this. Thanks. God bless all of you.
Praying for God's will in your situation with the home.

Reactions: Triumph1300

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am 83 years old .......... I walk to the mail box every day and go shopping
once a week... I wash dishes when no one is around... and sweep floors.
Not to much more I can do , I am at the stage were I walk into things.....
Never knew old age was so weird..........!!!! :confused::eek:

I can relate. I'm only 72 but need 2 knee replacements and 1 hip replacement. I do dishes during commercials on TV as that is all the time I can stand before my back seizes up. I can't sweep my floors. I have to find them first. Things everywhere!

I have a HP computer and use WildTangentGames for HP. I play Mah Jong everyday to keep my brain from fogging up to badly.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am home on the computer a lot........ boring

I live with a large family and they are busy doing things

And cant baby sit me......

So I am wonder if any one has or knows about any place on the

computer that there are different kinds of games for me to be

able to play every day ??????

I have been playing checkers a lot , but that only last a while.

It seems like most games and things are for more then one person .

Thanks for any help ! ::smile::

The best thing for you to do is to write out your life story, with all your childhood friends and what you did. I write books myself, and time flies. You'll never be bored again.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am trying out an outdoor gym in a park in Langley, British Columbia - Don't laugh!

Hey there, nice to see you!
That machine looks a little tame for you. :)

We lived in Langley for a year in 1992. ( From Edmonton AB )
our house was up in the Walnut Grove area ...it was the worst move we ever made. We made good friends in Langley, but financially it was bad for us, (Dave's lack of work...as a paperhanger) and my old mum and dad's health went down hill so quickly. The humidity there ( trying to breath water) almost killed my dad and he went into heart failure... :(

We quickly moved him back to dry Alberta and he lived for another 5 good years. He died in 1998 and I still miss him so much. ✟ ( mum and dad lived with us for 15 fun years. A blessing indeed )

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The best thing for you to do is to write out your life story, with all your childhood friends and what you did. I write books myself, and time flies. You'll never be bored again.

Great advice, I did too...one of my grandkids asked me to...so I did .
Amazing how things once forgotten come back as we write our history etc :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I can relate. I'm only 72 but need 2 knee replacements and 1 hip replacement. I do dishes during commercials on TV as that is all the time I can stand before my back seizes up. I can't sweep my floors. I have to find them first. Things everywhere!

I have a HP computer and use WildTangentGames for HP. I play Mah Jong everyday to keep my brain from fogging up to badly.
I hope that you can get relief and comfort; and preserve the limited mobility that you do have.

Reactions: amadeus

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Great advice, I did too...one of my grandkids asked me to...so I did .
Amazing how things once forgotten come back as we write our history etc :)

I'm not that old, but I've noticed that as much that does come back, it doesn't come close to what is completely forgotten. On numerous occasions I've had people come up to me and relate events that I still have no recollection of. I write them down though because I've also noticed that by writing down as much as possible, I'm sometimes able to retrieve bits and pieces.

Reactions: Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well.............. Its Sunday......
We went to church and after out to eat, and home it was all nice !!!
But all are gone again doing different things, and here I am on the computer nothing else to do
I just wrote my friend a letter, since we do not see each other, and she has no computer.
So it is mail for us........ we have been friends since we were 4 & 5 I was older.
and she lives in a neighborhood were she has friends and family.
And I am out in the farm area...... my other children are in different States. So .... boring for me again....
I did not want to use there phone,,,,,, and now I am thinking of getting my own ? Not sure ?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get the not tracing your family roots

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well.............. Its Sunday......
We went to church and after out to eat, and home it was all nice !!!
But all are gone again doing different things, and here I am on the computer nothing else to do
I just wrote my friend a letter, since we do not see each other, and she has no computer.
So it is mail for us........ we have been friends since we were 4 & 5 I was older.
and she lives in a neighborhood were she has friends and family.
And I am out in the farm area...... my other children are in different States. So .... boring for me again....
I did not want to use there phone,,,,,, and now I am thinking of getting my own ? Not sure ?

Shop around for family plans if that's an option. Metro PCS, Cricket, and Boost all have quite affordable plans with lots of great perks and options, and no contracts which is great because as soon as their competition comes up with a lower plan you simply switch over and then when the company you were with before drops their prices, you can switch back. My mother and I just went in together on a plan which saved me $15.00 a month. It came with a brand new smartphone as well. They've already got an even better plan out now, but we can't switch to it unless we drop this plan and get another one with another company. It's a bit of a hassle, but we both have track phones from Walmart which are also affordable and easy to reactivate for a month or two. There are lots of plans out there where you can change them to suit your needs. most plans at Walmart start out quite low and offer unlimited calling texting, and some data as well. I'm quite computer illiterate so I just have the clerk activate it, and show me how to operate it.