I am in need of some advice

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pedro_9k6k

Apr 24, 2007
I have never done this before but I am in need of some advice. I have been on my knees in prayer over this situation and would just like to hear what some Godly women would have to share. This may sound really silly or even petty but I need someone's thoughts other than my own. I have 2 sisters, one is saved, the other claims she is saved but is in bondage to a lot of things. Anyway that is not this particular issue. The sister who has issues has asked me to take her son's senior pictures, I said yes and we set up the time. No one showed up, no one called. We set up another time to take them, no one showed, no one called. Here is the thing, my other sister, who is older than me and I look up to her and do admire her walk with the Lord, shares with me after I told her the whole situation and my frustrations of not wanting to do the pictures at all tells me to do it anyway because it is the right thing to do. I feel as if I'm being taking advantage of. I have set my time aside, changed plans to do this and she doesn't even inform me that she can't make it. Because I am a Christian, should I just let her do this to me over and over again? Forgiveness isn't the issue; I would forgive my sisters' both of anything. Should I just keep setting up dates only for her not to show or call? My older sister's response is what bothers me the most because although she is a great Christian - she is such the enabler. So anyway, Sisters out there - I am seeking Godly advice on this. If I am being petty, tell me (gently) but shouldn't we, as Christians, draw the line somewhere on people taking advantage of us? Seeking God's Will,

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
First welcome to CB hope you enjoy our siteHaving two sisters I do understand what you are talking about,and yes on the surface it does sound a little petty, but I suspect its more like the straw that broke the camels back kind of thing.Just another in along series of events. Correct me if I am wrong. I don't know how much schedule chaning you have to do but if it were me. I wouldn't reach out to her I would let her contact you. If she does Tell her to pick date and time and make it very clear that this is the last time if she doesn't show for what ever reason.Fine but then do not ask you again. Tell her she will have to make other arranements. It would be my guess that she isn't doing this to you out of any malice just taking advantage because she can. Its up to you to make it quite clear this is my line in the sand. I could be wrong but I get the sense you have been telling your older sister of your displeasure and not making it clear enough to the sister that you need to be telling it to,the one that comitted the acts. Hope this is of some helpGod blessKriss

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
I agree good advice from Kriss... and I would trade sister problems with yours...lol... I'll say a prayer for you, tho...

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
I think you need to confront her about this. Tell her how you feel about it when she does this to you, and ask her for a legitimate reason. I wouldn't say that she is "taking advantage" of you, but it does seem cruel, or to a lesser extent, thoughtless. Hope everything gets better in your situation.