I am new to this forum - Hello to everyone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kerry

Dec 13, 2015
Hello to everyone on this forum,

I found this board after looking online for a way to fellowship with other christian people.

I have not been able to find a good church in my area. I went to 2 churches that were within driving distance. The people were not very friendly so I didn't go back.

I found a church that was not within driving distance but streamed their Sunday sermons online live.
So I watched the sermons online for about a year and mailed checks to them as tithes & offerings.
Many of their sermons were focused on tithes & offerings and I got the impression that not giving to a church would somehow cause me to be hell-bound.

During one of the last sermons I watched online, the pastor said he wanted all the members of the church to write down and turn in a pledge of how much they could give the church over the coming year. The pastor said that giving to the church should be just like any other obligation, like your car payment or your house payment. Shortly after this sermon, I stopped watching because the more I thought about it, the more it just didn't seem right. I personally can not pledge a definite amount to a church because something unexpected, like a medical expense, could come up.

Anyway, I'm just trying to say that I have not found a church to attend in person and fellowship with other Christians but I have made a considerable effort.

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this kind of difficulty or maybe I'm just being too critical?

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hi Kerry....welcome. :)

You are wise to pick a place of fellowship carefully. God will indeed give you a release in your spirit when you find the right place, or will, as in this case, put a check in place to be careful. It is not easy sometimes to find the right place to fellowship.

Reactions: JPPT1974

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello and welcome. Be in thought and prayer for you. Remember Church is Christ. And that a building of the church comes and goes. Not Christ as He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. As hope you can find a church. Will not happen overnight. But just lean on Christ to guide and lead you.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
I am too looking for a church.

"not giving to a church would somehow cause me to be hell-bound."
Nope. Not loving Christ and loving others as you love yourself will get you hell-bound.

He answered, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
Luke 10:27

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Matthew 18:20

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Land of the Long White Cloud
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Kerry,
z530dbd9be9fd71393409455.gif

dj5551dee25747d.gif

I hope you enjoy the fellowship here...looking forward to your posts

13343014.gif
13343019.gif

Bless ya!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to CyB! We are glad to have you here!

B

brakelite

Hey Kerry, it took me 33 years of my 40 year Christian walk to finally find my spiritual home. So don't be dismayed or discouraged, trust in God and He will lead you to the right place as you lean on Him and hunger and thirst for truth and righteousness. Welcome.