I ask the Trinitarians and the Jehovah's Witnesses...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Welcome to my Ignore List. It's obvious that the rebellious state you are in that your soul maybe in danger, your understanding is so against God The Saviour Jesus Christ. All we can do is pray for your understanding.
Well, how can you both pray for me, and ignore me at the same time?
This is not about a dual-natured thing, is it?

Reactions: kcnalp

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
False; in Hebrews 1, we read: 'Unto the Son, he saith: Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever'.
It also says, '...the son whom he appointed heir of all things..'. Who appointed him heir, and how can God be an heir to His own creation?
Why, farouk, do you prefer enigmas and confusion, over sound and reasonable exegesis? Take 'god' in context, the world is full of gods, not all are divine.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the difference between the Christian translations of the Bible and the Jehovah Witness’s New World Translation of the Bible?

The main difference between the New World Translation (NWT) and other Bibles is that the NWT has attempted to eliminate almost all references to the divinity of Jesus in the New Testament. I have heard it said that it took less than a hundred modifications to do this. Another obvious difference is the introduction of the name ‘Jehovah’ into the New Testament. This is also an attempt to deny that Jesus is God, by replacing references to Christ by the misnomer name Jehovah. All in all the Jehovah Witness Bible was altered and changed to support the views of Charles “Taze” Russell that believed that the pre-mortal Jesus was created by Jehovah and that Jesus is not part of the Trinity.

It is true that Jehovah’s Witnesses do not believe in the Trinity and they do not believe that Jesus is God. See Section IV, V, and VI in the following article by Dr. Bruce M. Metzger, who was professor of New Testament at Princeton University. The article also looks into the history and background of the New World Translation: Metzger on the errors of the New World Translation

They are in a sad state of no connection to God. They are not part of the Old Covenant, nor the New Covenant. They believe the New Covenant is yet to come. Which is the reason why over the years their leaders have tried to predict the return of Christ, but to no avail.

All in all they are a lost people and we should keep them in our prays, because once they die, then on judgment day they will stand before Christ and explain why they preached that He was not God. There is only one name that can be called upon for salvation and they do not know it, or believe in Him. God have mercy on their souls.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It also says, '...the son whom he appointed heir of all things..'. Who appointed him heir, and how can God be an heir to His own creation?
Why, farouk, do you prefer enigmas and confusion, over sound and reasonable exegesis? Take 'god' in context, the world is full of gods, not all are divine.
John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".

You lose.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You lose.
Like I said, there are many gods, just as both Moses and Pharaoh were gods to their people. Not all are divine.
For all the authority and power that has been bestowed to Jesus, without reservation, Jesus is a god to us. But, unequivocally, not divine.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, there are many gods, just as both Moses and Pharaoh were gods to their people. Not all are divine.
For all the authority and power that has been bestowed to Jesus, without reservation, Jesus is a god to us. But, unequivocally, not divine.
Are you really saying the Jesus is a false god???

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who appointed Jesus heir? Answer, the pre-incarnate Jesus, the creator. Otherwise, known as the Word, and later as the Father. The One God.

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You lose.
Good text, John 20:28:

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Joh 20:28 και απεκριθη ο θωμας και ειπεν αυτω ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου

See also Psalms 5:2

Psa 5:2 Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.​

See also Psalms 35:23

Psa_35:23 Stir up thyself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord.

Psa 34:23 ἐξεγέρθητι, κύριε, καὶ πρόσχες τῇ κρίσει μου, ὁ θεός μου καὶ ὁ κύριός μου, εἰς τὴν δίκην μου.
Then see all of the texts which say "O LORD my God" (1 Kings 3:7, 8:28, 17:20,21; 1 Chronicles 21:17; 2 Chronicles 6:19; Psalms 7:1,3, 13:3, 30:2,12, 35:24, 38:15, 40:5, 86:12, 104:1, 109:26, Jonah 2:6, Habakkuk 1:12 )

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They call this syncratism. Pharaoh was seen as a god, Moses never. Moses always spoke for the Lord, except once for which he was punished.

You cannot know and love Jesus to speak as you do. The debate has never been about who is God, but is love stronger than domination. Jesus living example is love, which in the end shows us who He is. If love does not dwell in us and through us we have not met Him. It is why these emotional issues found the Kingdom and are so hard for us to grasp. God bless you