I Believe in Miracles!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
The Catholic church is the only church i know of that is still performing and documenting miracles.Is their any other religion and or denomination,that is performing miracles?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I only know about the Pentecostal Churches in my country ^_^ Moving in the miraculous, is a normal part of the gifts of the Spirit functioning within the churches. Documentation and Doctor verifications are held as a testimony of Jesus.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not limited to a church or Christians to create miracles.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Pelaides, you need to get out more.
Miracles are happening in God-loving, God-fearing churches around the world.
And no, they aren't all Catholic. Not even close.
I posted here about witnessing my own daughter's complete healing not that long ago.
I saw the physical change as it occurred myself.
And we are not Catholic. Thankfully, the Catholic church doesn't have the corner on God's love, God's blessing, God's direction, or God's miracles.

Reactions: Angelina

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Angelina said:
I only know about the Pentecostal Churches in my country ^_^ Moving in the miraculous, is a normal part of the gifts of the Spirit functioning within the churches. Documentation and Doctor verifications are held as a testimony of Jesus.
Can you give an example of some of these miracles being performed?
aspen2 said:
God is not limited to a church or Christians to create miracles.
If this is true can you tell me of another religion that performs miracles.
Foreigner said:
Pelaides, you need to get out more.
Miracles are happening in God-loving, God-fearing churches around the world.
And no, they aren't all Catholic. Not even close.
I posted here about witnessing my own daughter's complete healing not that long ago.
I saw the physical change as it occurred myself.
And we are not Catholic. Thankfully, the Catholic church doesn't have the corner on God's love, God's blessing, God's direction, or God's miracles.
Praise God that your daughter was healed,what might i ask is your denomination?Maybe i should consider joining your church.One of the main reasons i have remained a catholic all these years is because they are still doing miracles.I dont see that happening with the other denominations.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pelaides - I cannot give you the name of one church that produces miracles. Only God produces miracles and He does so whenever and where ever He chooses to do so. Foreigner is absolutely right about God healing his daughter.

Being a member of the Catholic Church is about experiencing Gods justification and sanctification.

And really Angelina? You agree with Foreigner that Pelaides needs to get out more?

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
aspen2 said:
Pelaides - I cannot give you the name of one church that produces miracles. Only God produces miracles and He does so whenever and where ever He chooses to do so. Foreigner is absolutely right about God healing his daughter.

Being a member of the Catholic Church is about experiencing Gods justification and sanctification.

And really Angelina? You agree with Foreigner that Pelaides needs to get out more?
You still have not answeredmy question?so i will just assume my opening post is correct.

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only way that miracles are performed. Are through Christ. And only He alone can perform miracles great and small. As Christ performs miracles even in strange places. Even something bad, can become a blessing or a miracle in disguise.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
JPPT1974 said:
Only way that miracles are performed. Are through Christ. And only He alone can perform miracles great and small. As Christ performs miracles even in strange places. Even something bad, can become a blessing or a miracle in disguise.
Your wrong about that.The Holy Spirit is what gives man the ability to do miracles.
Angelina said:
Why? :huh: do you wish to compare God's miracles in one denomination against his miracles in other denominations?
I am not comparing the miracles.i would just like to know about them.Miracles indicate the presence of the Holy Spirit,A church that is not performing miracles is doing something wrong.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does the Bible say that miracles indicate the presence of the Holy Spirit? I believe Jesus said there would be some who perform miracles to deceive though. Jesus didn't seem very happy when he was asked to do a miracle to "prove" God's presence was with him. I believe the "fruit" of the Spirit is evidence of His presence...not miracles.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Wormwood said:
Where does the Bible say that miracles indicate the presence of the Holy Spirit? I believe Jesus said there would be some who perform miracles to deceive though. Jesus didn't seem very happy when he was asked to do a miracle to "prove" God's presence was with him. I believe the "fruit" of the Spirit is evidence of His presence...not miracles.
John 10:38 "But if i do ,though ye believe not me,believe the works:that ye may know and believe,that the father is in me ,and i in him"

If moses and Jesus did no miracles,who would have believed in them.

Yes it is true miracles can be performed from the dark side.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Imo, miracles were a gift given to the first 70 apostles to establish the Church. Miracles are no longer necessary, these supernatural healings ended in the first century. There have been no authenticated accounts of miracles in the modern day church. Those who call themselves “faith healers” are not biblical in any sense, and have been exposed as charlatans. The phoniness of today's miracles parading themselves under the banner of Pentecostalism or Catholicism are not authentic signs or miraculous power commissioned by Christ. People cannot do miracles today. The apostles are dead. God used miracles towards skeptical populations as a means of confirmation of his prophets/apostles, but today, His grace is sufficient.

"..Many wonders and signs were done by the apostles" (Acts 2:43)

"And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people" (Acts 5:12)

"Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds" (2 Corinthians 12:12)

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect" (Matthew 24:23-24)

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
I have traveled as an Evangelist & have seen healings & a few Creative miracles . This was the most profound though. It happened about 6 feet away from me, & the Lord allowed me to watch it. I saw a little girl, about 12, who had never walk before, with NO muscles on her legs...completely atrophied, with bones....bones only...1 1/2 inches around.... rise & walk.....& witnessed her legs grow out & saw her dance & leap with the legs of a ballerina.

Madras India, 1996...Reinhart Bonnke Preaching.....Me on the stage . Greatness that matters.

GREATNESS THAT MATTERS!

What greatness matters?

CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST YET ALIVE, YET NOT I!

I think the greatness of the man must always begin and end here; Preaching or leading or ministry of any kind, is simply Christ imparted, and that is impossible without living a crucified life; It is the only life that exudes true holy power.

This scripture below describes the Apostolic command recieved, and shows what an Apostolic Preacher really does. It seems to be a far cry from what the more modern, pulpit based preachers of the this age do.

"And as ye go, PREACH!, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
"Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give."

True great preaching is always accompanied by true and undeniable power; in the New Testament, they are inseparable, dynamic, and apparent. The local assemblies seem to abide in this consciousness as the norm.

In 1996 I travelled to India with a 5 man team doing platform evangelism, with crowds of 1500-5000 all across the south of that country. It was a lot of fun, along with the usual warfare, and we were victorious wherever we went.

After the preaching, we had great buckets of olive oil, and we sloshed our arms and hands in it,and we travelled into the crowds and laid hands for healing on whoever wanted it. These were always the poorest of people, and they received and believed us.

Here, I experienced "the press", where people would literally mob you, and carry you along to the left or the right. You just had to go with the flow. and also witnessed the demon possessed, the lepers, and the weirdest diseases I could imagine. We preached, then prayed according to the above command, and saw limited success. We had some power.

Because of our associations with some more famous organizations, I was allowed to attend a huge Reinhard Bonnke Meeting at the old Polo Grounds at Madras, and sit on the stage about six feet away from where Bonnke preached. The crowds were without number to me; maybe a quarter million, maybe more, but I could not see the end of it; a literal sea of people, and the ladies there in there most colorful dress.

Bonnke preached a Gospel message of God's grace and love. It did not seem to me, particularly, in style at least, powerful or interesting. But I got the unexpected; God came down and showed Himself.

I saw from afar a "splash" of activity and heard some shouting and laughter, and then saw a small round object being passed up above the heads of the crowd....from perhaps 1000 yard back. As it drew closer, you could see that a young girl was sitting in it. Nobody knew what had happened to her, until she came up front to the stage.

She was born lame, and her legs never developed. They literally looked like skeleton legs, with massive bony knee-bones. She had never walked one step in her life, and the basket was her vehicle, as someone carried her on their back, wherever she went.

While sitting in this crowd, with her family , she felt tingling and an electric feeling, where their was none before. she could move her feet.

She was about 12, I suppose, and very beautiful, and somewhat glorified with joy. Bonnke greeted her in English; "Come on up here honey!", and grabbed her by the hand, and pulled her up on the stage. She then took her first step, but she walked like a spider, crooked and wobbly. The entire crowd was speechless; stunned and awed.

Bonnke had been here before, and knew what to do. It was like the second prayer of Jesus when the blind man saw blurry. He knew he must pray again, and I think that Jesus had it planned this way, to show to all His limitless power. Bonnke commanded everyone to close their eyes...a form of focusing on Jesus I think...and prayed a very simple prayer for a complete healing.

I did not close my eyes. I wanted to watch this one. After he prayed, more glory appeared on this girls face, while Bonnke began to dance with her, spontaneously, and with one hand led her skipping around the stage, and she began to leap with Gazelle like strides. She reminded me of the famous Russian Ballet...long, leaping strides, with perfect balance and grace.

Then, the second act of God. While hundreds and thousands watched, the Lord formed perfect legs on her, with strong muscle mass, like the legs and feet of a female athlete. It was then that everyone really broke out in WONDER! I watched this event, and could not believe it. Something impossible happened while i watched, and my faith refused to catch up with my mind. I had just witnessed a true Creative miracle up close, and did not believe it. I was shocked.

Bonnke knew when to strike. He immediately called for heads bowed, and prayer, and that all who wanted to serve this Jesus, God almighty, to come forward and believe! At least 5000 came rushing up, terrified and joyful, to receive Jesus. He had teams waiting to see them, instructing them, and assuring future contact to see them established in the local church.

Bonnke was whisked away, for many Hindu's wanted him dead.
I remained for the "After-glow", and was allowed by the Lord to pray and preach for everyone who needed it; about 1500 people, until 3 or 4 AM. It was a lot of fun.

One other foot note: I hesitated to share this, but I will.

When this young girl; was healed, I was very close to her. I saw an orb, Like a halo but in another dimension. I saw around her face, a MAN....with a beard and Jewish features. I saw the resurrected Lamb of God around her being. Quite a day for me.

Jesus is the healer, and it is He who is great. Fame has nothing to do with "great" preaching. It has everything to do with Him being exalted within you to give life to who He chooses. Most of these men will be obscure, and hidden, and will defer greatness like the plague.

Also, just because God uses you greatly, does not mean He always will. I have seen "great" men fall away, or become so absorbed with themselves that they lose the only "greatness" that MATTERS.

"Power belongs unto God.
http://brideinthewilderness.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2013-01-20T11:38:00-05:00&max-results=23&start=32&by-date=false

Reactions: Levi

Levi

May 30, 2013
A church itself doesn't perform the miracles, God does and He doesn't reserve His miracles for certain sects or denominations, we are His people and His revelation of miracles is to show His glory, His love, sovereignty and His providence. We're supposed to be living in the spiritual realm where miracles are part of our walk. Amen for that!!

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Brothertom said:
I have traveled as an Evangelist & have seen healings & a few Creative miracles . This was the most profound though. It happened about 6 feet away from me, & the Lord allowed me to watch it. I saw a little girl, about 12, who had never walk before, with NO muscles on her legs...completely atrophied, with bones....bones only...1 1/2 inches around.... rise & walk.....& witnessed her legs grow out & saw her dance & leap with the legs of a ballerina.

Madras India, 1996...Reinhart Bonnke Preaching.....Me on the stage . Greatness that matters.

GREATNESS THAT MATTERS!

What greatness matters?

CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST YET ALIVE, YET NOT I!
I think the greatness of the man must always begin and end here; Preaching or leading or ministry of any kind, is simply Christ imparted, and that is impossible without living a crucified life; It is the only life that exudes true holy power.

This scripture below describes the Apostolic command recieved, and shows what an Apostolic Preacher really does. It seems to be a far cry from what the more modern, pulpit based preachers of the this age do.

"And as ye go, PREACH!, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
"Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give."

True great preaching is always accompanied by true and undeniable power; in the New Testament, they are inseparable, dynamic, and apparent. The local assemblies seem to abide in this consciousness as the norm.

In 1996 I travelled to India with a 5 man team doing platform evangelism, with crowds of 1500-5000 all across the south of that country. It was a lot of fun, along with the usual warfare, and we were victorious wherever we went.

After the preaching, we had great buckets of olive oil, and we sloshed our arms and hands in it,and we travelled into the crowds and laid hands for healing on whoever wanted it. These were always the poorest of people, and they received and believed us.

Here, I experienced "the press", where people would literally mob you, and carry you along to the left or the right. You just had to go with the flow. and also witnessed the demon possessed, the lepers, and the weirdest diseases I could imagine. We preached, then prayed according to the above command, and saw limited success. We had some power.

Because of our associations with some more famous organizations, I was allowed to attend a huge Reinhard Bonnke Meeting at the old Polo Grounds at Madras, and sit on the stage about six feet away from where Bonnke preached. The crowds were without number to me; maybe a quarter million, maybe more, but I could not see the end of it; a literal sea of people, and the ladies there in there most colorful dress.

Bonnke preached a Gospel message of God's grace and love. It did not seem to me, particularly, in style at least, powerful or interesting. But I got the unexpected; God came down and showed Himself.

I saw from afar a "splash" of activity and heard some shouting and laughter, and then saw a small round object being passed up above the heads of the crowd....from perhaps 1000 yard back. As it drew closer, you could see that a young girl was sitting in it. Nobody knew what had happened to her, until she came up front to the stage.

She was born lame, and her legs never developed. They literally looked like skeleton legs, with massive bony knee-bones. She had never walked one step in her life, and the basket was her vehicle, as someone carried her on their back, wherever she went.

While sitting in this crowd, with her family , she felt tingling and an electric feeling, where their was none before. she could move her feet.

She was about 12, I suppose, and very beautiful, and somewhat glorified with joy. Bonnke greeted her in English; "Come on up here honey!", and grabbed her by the hand, and pulled her up on the stage. She then took her first step, but she walked like a spider, crooked and wobbly. The entire crowd was speechless; stunned and awed.

Bonnke had been here before, and knew what to do. It was like the second prayer of Jesus when the blind man saw blurry. He knew he must pray again, and I think that Jesus had it planned this way, to show to all His limitless power. Bonnke commanded everyone to close their eyes...a form of focusing on Jesus I think...and prayed a very simple prayer for a complete healing.

I did not close my eyes. I wanted to watch this one. After he prayed, more glory appeared on this girls face, while Bonnke began to dance with her, spontaneously, and with one hand led her skipping around the stage, and she began to leap with Gazelle like strides. She reminded me of the famous Russian Ballet...long, leaping strides, with perfect balance and grace.

Then, the second act of God. While hundreds and thousands watched, the Lord formed perfect legs on her, with strong muscle mass, like the legs and feet of a female athlete. It was then that everyone really broke out in WONDER! I watched this event, and could not believe it. Something impossible happened while i watched, and my faith refused to catch up with my mind. I had just witnessed a true Creative miracle up close, and did not believe it. I was shocked.

Bonnke knew when to strike. He immediately called for heads bowed, and prayer, and that all who wanted to serve this Jesus, God almighty, to come forward and believe! At least 5000 came rushing up, terrified and joyful, to receive Jesus. He had teams waiting to see them, instructing them, and assuring future contact to see them established in the local church.

Bonnke was whisked away, for many Hindu's wanted him dead.
I remained for the "After-glow", and was allowed by the Lord to pray and preach for everyone who needed it; about 1500 people, until 3 or 4 AM. It was a lot of fun.

One other foot note: I hesitated to share this, but I will.

When this young girl; was healed, I was very close to her. I saw an orb, Like a halo but in another dimension. I saw around her face, a MAN....with a beard and Jewish features. I saw the resurrected Lamb of God around her being. Quite a day for me.

Jesus is the healer, and it is He who is great. Fame has nothing to do with "great" preaching. It has everything to do with Him being exalted within you to give life to who He chooses. Most of these men will be obscure, and hidden, and will defer greatness like the plague.

Also, just because God uses you greatly, does not mean He always will. I have seen "great" men fall away, or become so absorbed with themselves that they lose the only "greatness" that MATTERS.

"Power belongs unto God.
http://brideinthewilderness.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2013-01-20T11:38:00-05:00&max-results=23&start=32&by-date=false
Thank you for sharing this blessed event,you are one of the only ones who could provide an answer to my opening post.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Imo, miracles were a gift given to the first 70 apostles to establish the Church. Miracles are no longer necessary, these supernatural healings ended in the first century. There have been no authenticated accounts of miracles in the modern day church. Those who call themselves “faith healers” are not biblical in any sense, and have been exposed as charlatans. The phoniness of today's miracles parading themselves under the banner of Pentecostalism or Catholicism are not authentic signs or miraculous power commissioned by Christ. People cannot do miracles today. The apostles are dead. God used miracles towards skeptical populations as a means of confirmation of his prophets/apostles, but today, His grace is sufficient.

"..Many wonders and signs were done by the apostles" (Acts 2:43)

"And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people" (Acts 5:12)

"Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds" (2 Corinthians 12:12)

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect" (Matthew 24:23-24)
How do explain the miracle of fatima,where over 20000 people watched the sun dance in the sky,Or the miracle of lourdes where many people were miraculously healed of illness.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
sure lutherans believe in miracles . we just leave miracles up to God to perform .. He is so much better at it .

HUMANS have a history of surronding them selves with false miracles or miracles from the old evil foe who also is in the miracle bussiness.
UHCAIan said:
Yes I believe God is still a miracle worker! Look at us the mere fact that we are saved is a miracle!
Amen to that!

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Pelaides said:
How do explain the miracle of fatima,where over 20000 people watched the sun dance in the sky,Or the miracle of lourdes where many people were miraculously healed of illness.
I personally don't believe that either of those "miracles" actually occurred.