Pentecostalism: The Glorification of the Flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
well their is indeed a circus act at work . Let none who name the name of CHRIST partake of its clowns
who by fair speeches and fancy words decieve the folks .
Rather shut the circus act down BY READING THE BIBLE and USING that doctrine to reprove , to correct
and to build up . Rather than using what must seem like elegant and artful writing to you ,
TRY using the bible to back it all up . Like i said try reading even genesis
them magicians of pharoah could perform miracles too . oops .
And GOD warned The people to beware and to test all men .
TRY reading deut chapter thirteen .
THEN try reading even revelation itself . try reading much scripture and daily too . LEARN to tremble at THE WORD
and not rather to tremble at what men MIGHT THINK or say IS The WORD .
Let the Lord be praised and thanked.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So... You don't like Pentecostals do you? Well... I love Pentecostals in their generation and geography. Especially when the generation and geography includes fine evangelists, pastors, and worship leaders. As it was in my church at one time...
full
Amen.

Robert , we all read you post that you are terminal and have entered Hospice.

Your hatred and contempt for faith practices you know little about is a tragedy.

With genuine compassion and sincerity of heart, Robert, is this how you want to be remembered? And spend the time you have left?
:(

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Big Boy Johnson said:
Some people trying to sound way more intelligent than they are by copying and pasting some stuff in french
It's what happens when uppity rednecks are allowed to get on the internet

We can only hope that some uppity rednecks are trying to sound way less intelligent than they are.

• Haha
Reactions: BlessedPeace

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no use for the Jesus only or for those who try to get others to speak in tongues. I believe the Holy Spirit comes upon all of us uniquely where some may speak in tongues but others acquiring gifts uniquely to them. I believe the Jesus only originate from the north and are just as cold as their geography!
But... those were my beginnings after Catholicism. When God pulled me in... it was to a Oneness, Jesus Only group. I received the Holy Ghost while with them and they got me to reading the Bible for the first time in my life. The family which God used to bring us to Him was a part of them and they were living for God like no other family I have encountered anywhere in any church group. Even after all of these years and many experiences, their example remains with me as foremost.

Do I believe they had things wrong? Yes, and that is part of why after 11 years [belonging to three different organizations] I finally left them in 1987.

I did encounter better places after that, but I never have a found any place where everything was always as I thought it should be. But do I know all of the answers? No.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Jesus only have Calvinist foundations?

No, they do not, but as I remember they are strong on three things:

1) A person must speak in tongues to prove he has received the gift of the Holy Ghost.

2) A person must be baptized in water using spoken words of Acts 2:38.

3) A person must believe that Jesus is God and there is no trinity.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can only hope that some uppity rednecks are trying to sound way less intelligent than they are.
My opinion is that the old Oxford Holy Club was the best thing Christian history had to offer and that whatever we do to return to those ways are the best paths to Christian revival. The foundations laid in the old Oxford Holy Club became Wesleyan Type Pentecostalism in which I am a member.

And... A church denomination has nothing to do with Christian revival. Denominational ways only result in what Paul would call a puffed up spirit.

But... We can be Methodist Holy Club sorts and have membership of whatever denomination CB declares Orthodox.

Here is a picture of the old Merrimac Pentecostal Holiness chruch, in which I am a member. As long as the pastor was not, "some uppity redneck" we did very well. The Holy Ghost would move and bestow gifts such as....

1. Preaching
2. Prophesying
3. Evangelism
4. Music ministry
5. Youth ministry
6. Unique spiritual blessings with some shouting and some running the aisles
7. Speaking in tongues
8. Interpretations of tongues
9. Salvation as easy as believing on the Lord Jesus Christ
10. Sanctification which became evident with the Christ formed on the inside, otherwise we would tell you to come back tomorrow night! And smile a little.

full

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Old Oxford Holy Club....

Jeering college students scoffed at these "Methodists" who tried to systematically serve God every hour of the day. The club members set aside time for praying, examining their spiritual lives, studying the Bible, and meeting together. In addition, they took food to poor families, visited lonely people in prison, and taught orphans how to read. Members of the organization celebrated Holy Communion frequently and fasted on Wednesdays and Fridays until 3 pm. Fellows of the Holy Club also studied and discussed the Greek New Testament as well as the Classics.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can Yankees experience revival? I would think so! But they would have to come out of their uppity Yankee ways! Doctrine alone won't do it!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't normally defend doctrine to any great extent... But I am Pentecostal Holiness! If I hear anyone speak in tongues in a service I am always sure to stop by and thank them for being obedient to the Holy Spirit!