Pentecostalism: The Glorification of the Flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are they focused on. Robert D. Brinsmead once said. "They are like children that have just discovered their belly button".
And yet for all of their apparent shortcomings they taught me to read the Bible for myself for the first time in my life.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They also taught me how to do street witnessing on the streets of Los Angeles.
My point simply comes back to the old saying of being careful not to throw out the baby with the bathwater. There may be some good that really is worth saving. Do any of us know of any churches or church groups that are without spot or wrinkle or any such thing?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point simply comes back to the old saying of being careful not to throw out the baby with the bathwater. There may be some good that really is worth saving. Do any of us know of any churches or church groups that are without spot or wrinkle or any such thing?
Christians are sinners saved by grace. We are not totally sanctified yet and only have the first fruits of the Spirit, Romans 8:23.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are sinners saved by grace. We are not totally sanctified yet and only have the first fruits of the Spirit, Romans 8:23.
If that is true of us, it should then also be true of others wherever they are physically with God still working on them. Let us be slow to criticize too harshly all of those we do not completely know and understand. God does know and understand.

Reactions: GTW27

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is true of us, it should then also be true of others wherever they are physically with God still working on them. Let us be slow to criticize too harshly all of those we do not completely know and understand. God does know and understand.
I had a friend that died, he said that Pentecostal Christians were immature Christians. I think that describes them very well. Paul might have called them carnal, 1 Corinthians 3:1-15.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a friend that died, he said that Pentecostal Christians were immature Christians. I think that describes them very well. Paul might have called them carnal, 1 Corinthians 3:1-15.
All of us who know less than all God has provided are immature in a measure for certain.

Anyone who sets himself and the ways of man in front of God may also be carnal...

But I knew and know a lot of individual Pentecostals who most definitely were/are not carnal. Generalizing is not a good thing. God, I believe, is looking at each heart rather than at each congregation or at each denomination.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of us who know less than all God has provided are immature in a measure for certain.

Anyone who sets himself and the ways of man in front of God may also be carnal...

But I knew and know a lot of individual Pentecostals who most definitely were/are not carnal. Generalizing is not a good thing. God, I believe, is looking at each heart rather than at each congregation or at each denomination.
Pentecostals have turned Acts chapter 2 into a religion. It was the Gospel coming into the world in the power of the Holy Spirit, Not the Spirit coming into the world. Pentecostalism is a denial of the Gospel and justification by faith. Jesus has done it all and he did it perfectly. Christians rest in him and not in their subjective religious experiences.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pentecostals have turned Acts chapter 2 into a religion. It was the Gospel coming into the world in the power of the Holy Spirit, Not the Spirit coming into the world. Pentecostalism is a denial of the Gospel and justification by faith. Jesus has done it all and he did it perfectly. Christians rest in him and not in their subjective religious experiences.
Well I guess you know all of the answers. I won't argue against your knowledge. Have a good day.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I guess you know all of the answers. I won't argue against your knowledge. Have a good day.
I don't know all of the answers, but I do know what is of the Spirit. Pentecostalism is not of the Spirit, It is of the flesh.