I believe one who deliberately sins in not a Christian.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
[SIZE=large]A Christian is a follower of Jesus, and walks as Jesus walked. Jesus did not sin.[/SIZE]

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

[SIZE=large]Also one who sins is of the devil, and a follower of Satan.[/SIZE]

(1 John 3:8) “[SIZE=16pt]He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”[/SIZE]

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Romans 14:23

In short you need to follow the leed of the Holy Spirit to avoid sinning. I believe that is the only thing a christian must do to avoid sinning. They don't even need to know a single word of the law. Though it is wise to know all the scriptures so you can test your own discernment.

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
lforrest said:
Romans 14:23

In short you need to follow the leed of the Holy Spirit to avoid sinning. I believe that is the only thing a christian must do to avoid sinning. They don't even need to know a single word of the law. Though it is wise to know all the scriptures so you can test your own discernment.
[SIZE=16pt]Amen! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Galatians 5:16)“Let me put it like this if you are guided by the Spirit you will be in no danger of yielding to self-indulgence....”.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]A Spiritual Christian is a temple of God, and there is no sin in God’s temple.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt] did”[/SIZE]

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[SIZE=large][/SIZE]

Also one who sins is of the devil, and a follower of Satan.

so you've never sinned in your life? never wrestled with sinful thoughts? never been angry with anyone? never thought about the guy who just cut you off on the freeway? or the tailgater behind you? :)

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Angelina said:
so you've never sinned in your life? never wrestled with sinful thoughts? never been angry with anyone? never thought about the guy who just cut you off on the freeway? or the tailgater behind you? :)
That's what I was thinking :)... If a person who deliberately sins is not a Christian, then there are no Christians. So I'm not sure that remaining sinless is how you define what a Christian is; "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

Reactions: Hashe

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
Dan57 said:
That's what I was thinking :)... If a person who deliberately sins is not a Christian, then there are no Christians. So I'm not sure that remaining sinless is how you define what a Christian is; "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).
[SIZE=16pt]That is right Dan, but lets take that verse in context. Was Paul talking about people who were already Spiritual Christians? No he was talking about people who were not yet Christians.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Also do you believe John to be wrong?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:4-6) “Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Romans 3:19-26) “[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]Now we know that whatever the law says,[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]it says to those who are under the law,[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law;[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Righteousness Through Faith[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]But now apart from the law the righteousness of God[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]This righteousness[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]is given through faith[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]in[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]Jesus Christ[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]to all who believe.[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]There is no difference between Jew and Gentile,[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]for all have sinned[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]and fall short of the glory of God,[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]and all are justified[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]freely by his grace[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]through the redemption[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]that came by Christ Jesus.[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.”[/SIZE]

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2013
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense - Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. (I John 1:5-2:2,NIV)

Reactions: Angelina

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I don't think God is a fault finder, so something is only considered a deliberate sin if the desire to sin comes from your spirit. Any other sin is not attributed to the christian.

Could it be that God would rather be silent to someone than risk being ignored, and causing that someone to sin because of their disobedience?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I like the verses just before it

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

I have always found this sentence intriguing
not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
lforrest said:
I don't think God is a fault finder, so something is only considered a deliberate sin if the desire to sin comes from your spirit. Any other sin is not attributed to the christian.

Could it be that God would rather be silent to someone than risk being ignored, and causing that someone to sin because of their disobedience?
[SIZE=16pt]One’s spirit is united with the Holy Spirit and would never lead one to sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Galatians 5:16)“Let me put it like this if you are guided by the Spirit you will be in no danger of yielding to self-indulgence....”.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Satan tempts us and if we know the act is wrong then he or she have committed a deliberate sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]A Spiritual person/ body and spirit that deliberately sins will never have repentance.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.[/SIZE]---------“

[SIZE=16pt]Notice it says, “We should deliberately commit” We include one’s spirit they are one. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]You show me anywhere in scripture your understanding of sin is written.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Also show me anywhere in the teaching of the Christian Church, before the sixteen hundreds that such a teaching was ever accepted by the Church. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Do you really believe that it took God fifteen hundred and some years to teach people about sin? [/SIZE]
Arnie Manitoba said:
I like the verses just before it

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

I have always found this sentence intriguing
not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
[SIZE=16pt]That is right and he was talking to the children/infants in Christ. Infants in Christ need an advocate, but a Spiritual Christian has an advocate in Christ, but no longer needs one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ[/SIZE]. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”

Elizabeth

Dec 14, 2013
St. John talks about "sins unto death" and "sins not unto death." The "sin unto death" in 1 John 5:16 referrs to mortal sins which kill the soul. Mortal sins separate us from God even in this life. Mortal sins can and must be avoided, with the help of God's grace. We can avoid mortal sins by avoided the occasions of sin. Should one find themselves in the unhappy position of having committed a mortal sin they can be forgiven by humbling oneself before God, having true contrition and confessing one's sins to a validly ordained priest. Those sins "not unto death" are venial sins which do not separate us from God or merit Hell. We cannot always help committing venial sins. That's why Scripure says if any man says he is not a sinner, he is a liar. We all are sinners, at least in committing venial sins.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Elizabeth said:
St. John talks about "sins unto death" and "sins not unto death." The "sin unto death" in 1 John 5:16 referrs to mortal sins which kill the soul. Mortal sins separate us from God even in this life. Mortal sins can and must be avoided, with the help of God's grace. We can avoid mortal sins by avoided the occasions of sin. Should one find themselves in the unhappy position of having committed a mortal sin they can be forgiven by humbling oneself before God, having true contrition and confessing one's sins to a validly ordained priest. Those sins "not unto death" are venial sins which do not separate us from God or merit Hell. We cannot always help committing venial sins. That's why Scripure says if any man says he is not a sinner, he is a liar. We all are sinners, at least in committing venial sins.
Very good Elizabeth .... except the part claiming a priest is a mediator between God and Man.

Maybe in the Old Testament God ordained high priests to perform sacrifices to atone for the sins of the people

But God has now appointed Jesus as the sole mediator between God and Man. That was the whole purpose of his sacrifice and it came at a profound cost

To suggest a human priest is required belittles what Christ has done.

Welcome to the forum

Arnie

Reactions: KingJ

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
In the 7th chapter of the Book of Romans, the Apostle Paul describes how his flesh continued to sin while his spirit did not want to, and such a thing was happening after Paul became an Apostle.

Romans 7:19 (ESV): "For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing."

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
Dodo_David said:
In the 7th chapter of the Book of Romans, the Apostle Paul describes how his flesh continued to sin while his spirit did not want to, and such a thing was happening after Paul became an Apostle.

Romans 7:19 (ESV): "For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing."
[SIZE=16pt]Yes if one stops reading Romans and is willing to believe Paul could not stop sinning then you would have some validity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]But lets go on to Romans Eight and see what Paul has to say about sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Romans 8:1-4) “The reason, therefore, why those who are in Christ Jesus are not condemned, is that the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death.[/SIZE] God has done what the Law, because of our unspiritual nature, was unable to do. God dealt with sin by sending his own Son in a body as physical as any sinful body, and in that body God condemned sin he did this in order the Law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the spirit dictates.”
Elizabeth said:
[SIZE=16pt]A sin leading to death?[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=16pt]Let me give you a scriptural example of a sin leading to death.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Acts 5:1-11) “There was another man, however, called Ananias. He and his wife, Sapphira, agreed to sell a property; but with his wife’s connivance he kept back part of the proceeds, and brought the rest and presented it to the apostles. Ananias, Peter said ‘now can Satan have so possessed you that you should lie to the Holy Spirit [/SIZE]and keep back part of the money from the land? While you still owned the land, wasn’t it yours to keep, and after you had sold it wasn’t the money yours to do with as you liked? What put this scheme into your mind? It is not to men that you have lied, but to God. When he heard this Ananias fell down dead. This made a profound impression on everyone present. The younger men got up, wrapped the body in a sheet, carried it out and buried it.

[SIZE=16pt]About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had taken place. Peter challenged her, ‘Tell me was this the price you sold the land for? ‘Yes,’ she said ‘that was the price.’ Peter then said, ‘So you and your husband have agreed to put the Spirit of the Lord to the test! What made you do it? You hear those footsteps? They have just been to bury your husband; they will carry you out, too.’ Instantly she dropped dead at his feet. When the young men came in they found she was dead, and they carried her out and buried her by the side of her husband. This made a profound impression on the whole Church and on all who heard it.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]A spiritual Christian tells God he or she loves him, but if that Christian deliberately sins the he lied to God. One who deliberately sins loves the devil/Satan.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 3:8) “[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.[/SIZE]---------“

[SIZE=16pt]I can give you a saint who preached what I am sharing, and they cut his tongue, and right arm of for doing so. [/SIZE]

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
Elizabeth said:
See John 20:23.

Thanks.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Giver said:
(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.---------“
What exactly is "deliberately" committing sin? I'd think that every sin is deliberate because everyone falls to temptation. If we know somethings wrong and still choose to do it, then we deliberately sin.

The KJV doesn't say "deliberately", it says "willfully".. To me, that means that if someone has knowledge of the truth, but ignores it and willfully continues in sin, then they are not forgiven. That makes sense because if its someone's "Will" to sin, then they aren't repentant. Paul talks about this; "When they knew God, they glorified him not as God...Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness...And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind" (Romans 1:21, 24, 28). This describes deliberately remaining in sin, where no repentance is exercised.

And didn't Jesus say that there was only one unforgivable sin?

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
Dan57 said:
What exactly is "deliberately" committing sin? I'd think that every sin is deliberate because everyone falls to temptation. If we know somethings wrong and still choose to do it, then we deliberately sin.

The KJV doesn't say "deliberately", it says "willfully".. To me, that means that if someone has knowledge of the truth, but ignores it and willfully continues in sin, then they are not forgiven. That makes sense because if its someone's "Will" to sin, then they aren't repentant. Paul talks about this; "When they knew God, they glorified him not as God...Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness...And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind" (Romans 1:21, 24, 28). This describes deliberately remaining in sin, where no repentance is exercised.

And didn't Jesus say that there was only one unforgivable sin?
[SIZE=16pt]A deliberate sin is one where a person knows an act is wrong, but willingly commits the act anyway.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]A person who is a spiritual Christian has told the Holy Spirit he or she loves God. If such a person deliberately/willingly commits a sin, then he or she are lying to the Holy Spirit, and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and that is unforgivable. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.[/SIZE] Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

[SIZE=16pt]Notice where it says “who insults the Spirit of grace” Well the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of grace, and insulting the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin. [/SIZE]