I believe one who deliberately sins in not a Christian.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Boaz

Jan 7, 2014
Giver said:
[SIZE=large]A Christian is a follower of Jesus, and walks as Jesus walked. Jesus did not sin.[/SIZE]

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

[SIZE=large]Also one who sins is of the devil, and a follower of Satan.[/SIZE]

(1 John 3:8) “[SIZE=16pt]He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”[/SIZE]
Did david sin delibrately or not ?

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Boaz said:
Did david sin delibrately or not ?
Yes...

All sin is willful... Nobody of age sins accidentally. Before you sin, you know its wrong.

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" (1 John 1:8 KJV)

"My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One" (1 John 2:1-2 NIV)

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
The Understanding of Sin

The following is based on the presumption that the reader is a Christian, or a seeker after Truth! If the reader is not one of these, and is one of those people that wish only to debunk, or attempt to destroy faith in God and His Christ, then they should read no further, as there is no comfort for them in the following, they must await Rev. 20;15, which will be after they die!

The so called “original sin”, was committed in Genesis, when Eve “ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil” followed by Adam, (Gen. 2:17), (Gen. 3:13). This is often misquoted, as “the tree of knowledge”, which is the same sin as Satan in Gen. 3:4. The point is that Adam and Eve DISOBEYED God, they then for the first time perceived good and evil, with the consequences for the human race ever since, in this Creation! The Age of the Earth Controversy:

The definition of sinning was not given until The Law was given to Moses on Mount Sinai. The Law was given at that time to the Jewish race only, and only they were subject to it, which the Apostle Paul elucidates in His Epistles. In the period from the Law being given to the 1st advent of Jesus, the Jews were given precise sacrificial rulings for the expiation of their sinning. The Lord gave confirmation of this in Matt. 11:13.

John the Baptist, was the “forerunner” of a change. He baptised for the expiation of sin, which infuriated the Jewish Priesthood. Jesus confirmed that John’s baptism was valid, and used that occasion to show that He (Jesus) would baptise with “The Holy Spirit”! Christ’s death Sacrifice on the cross at Calvary, covered both elements of the Sin question, the fall of Adam and Eve, and sinning in the lifetime of a person.

That Jesus came initially “to the lost sheep of Israel”, is without question (Matt. 15:24), but as He was rejected by the Jews, both before Pilate and after Paul’s extensive work with the main Synagogues, at Acts 28:28 the Gospel of Salvation in Christ Jesus was sent to all the world’s peoples! This act of rejection by the Jews, in the wisdom of God opened up the possibility of a huge harvest of regenerated people for The Godhead, which was the desire by God from the beginning. Israel have been put on one side temporarily, (Lo-ammi), and this present time, (Age time) is for the world’s peoples to either accept or reject Christ!

If a person accepts this great Salvation, they are perceived as sinless in Christ. Their sins in life are forgiven when confessed to Christ. Any that are un-dealt with by the individual, are resolved at the meeting of Christ and His Body. Only He knows the heart of a person, and only He knows what is True!

The seeker after Truth may well ask why this question of "Sin" is so important to the working out before Almighty God of its consequences and its resolution in the Body of Christ Jesus on the cross of Calvary. That subject is dealt with in the following link. Satan's Motivation:

Subjectindex

www.revelationsmessage.co.uk

If you would like to E-mail us with your comments please click here.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Floyd, your posts seem to be connected to some church or organization - are you trying to recruit people? This is a place for discussion, not recruiting.

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
Dan57 : All sin is willful... Nobody of age sins accidentally. Before you sin, you know its wrong.

Say it ain't so ... Never mind, God does.

Lev 4:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a soul shall sin through ignorance against any of the commandments of the LORD ...

Floyd : Christ’s death Sacrifice on the cross at Calvary, covered both elements of the Sin question, the fall of Adam and Eve, and sinning in the lifetime of a person.

Past sins.

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Floyd : If a person accepts this great Salvation, they are perceived as sinless in Christ.

All their past sins are forgiven and they are perfect before the Lord.

Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Floyd : Their sins in life are forgiven when confessed to Christ.

You, or I, are not in charge of God's judgment.

If we sin through ignorance as we learn and grow in the Word, we have an advocate, Jesus.

If we wrong a brother; first we go to the brother, then God.

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

It's not guaranteed.

But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Because I have called, and ye refuse ... Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer ...

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Floyd : Any that are un-dealt with by the individual, are resolved at the meeting of Christ and His Body.

You're just making that up.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Jesus died to give us POWER to overcome sin, not permission to sin.

The sons of God rejoice to do all things to please God.

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
horsecamp said:
I have been thinking about this for several days now and I have come up with the answer that every one MUST be satisfied with... unless they just want to be a horses pa tut !

so if your a horses pa tut every one will know it now..

the original statement states--- I believes any one who deliberately sins is not a Christian.

From now every one must deliberately sin in couples or more !!!

no more of this just one person deliberately sinning at a time ..

and I think there is enough people in the world deliberately sinning that its covered .

so people that deliberately sin are still Christians .. and you cant change your statement or your a horses
pa tut.. and deliberately sinning your self so there..

this debate is now over and iam declaring my self the winner.once .again

Dude, I LOOK for your posts and topics ! LOL !!

Love,

laid renard~

*big hug* :)

iticus

Nov 10, 2013
Giver said:
[SIZE=large]A Christian is a follower of Jesus, and walks as Jesus walked. Jesus did not sin.[/SIZE]

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

[SIZE=large]Also one who sins is of the devil, and a follower of Satan.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Are you suggesting that Peter was not a Christian when he deliberately lied about being a follower of Jesus?[/SIZE]

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think he is suggesting that there is no such thing as christians

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
IBeMe said:
Jesus died to give us POWER to overcome sin, not permission to sin.

The sons of God rejoice to do all things to please God.
Permission? He promised to rebuke and chasten all who He loves. Who is saying we have permission to sin? If we did, there would be no consequences or correction from God. But why do you put sin in such high regard? It is the source of misery, pain, and death. Having permission to sin is like having permission to jump of a roof. No one is looking for such permission.

People sin for the same reasons that they always did. For one, in their own mind, they can't help it. Christians all know that sin is wrong. There is nothing willful about a christian in sin. He is a bended reed. Will Jesus break it? Or heal it? Did He go to all the trouble and pain to save us only to turn around and demand our perfection...or else? Do we still have the same incentive as they did under the law...obey or else? What is better about that? It is exactly the same. Do we help our stumbling brothers or condemn them? If one is deceived, do we reject them or enlighten them? Jesus showed compassion. Did He change His mind?

But as for the power to overcome sin, fine. But your version is that we have the power to earn our salvation and eternal life by not sinning. Therefore there is still an element of our own resources involved, as our own resolve is involved. Therefore we would be in a position to boast before God, for our success in using His power.

"Luke....use the force" :rolleyes: You got the power. Use it or lose it. That is your doctrine. But the zero tolerance aspect in it makes it a misrepresentation of the heart of God and plan of salvation. Take out the zero tolerance and maybe we can work with it.