I believe that gay people have as much of a "choice" to be gay as you do to not sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What @MatthewG posted in #313 is right.

Nobody is sinless (with one obvious exception). Eternal life is inherited by accepting Jesus Christ as the Savior whose sacrifice paid for all sin. You don't earn salvation by works.
Jesus did indeed pay the ultimate price for Salvation. Glory to God! Once received, His blood cleanses us from all sin.

1 John 1
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness [sin], we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light [righteousness and holiness], as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Secondly, being obedient to God's call to righteousness and holiness is not "works", but our reasonable service as heirs to eternal life.

Romans 12
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one in the flesh can inherit the kingdom of God regardless of whether they're born again or living in extreme sin.

1 Corinthians 15:50
I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
In this mortal body, one cannot walk after the lusts of the flesh and expect to inherit eternal life.

Romans 8
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In this mortal body, one cannot walk after the lusts of the flesh and expect to inherit eternal life.

Jesus said......."All that BELIEVE in me......I GIVE unto them Eternal Life, and they shall never go to Hell (perish)"

Eternal life is Jesus Himself
To have it, you must do this.

"Jesus said....>You must be born again".

To be born again, is to exist in Spiritual Union with the ONE who is Eternal Life.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God prefers that people accept and follow Jesus in order to avoid death, judgment, and correction in the Lake of Fire.
Well, there is no correction the point of the final Judgment ~ the Great White Throne judgment of Revelation 20:11-15 ~ but only judgment and the resulting once-and-for-all condemnation ~ everlasting punishment. But sure.

Grace and peace to you.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did indeed pay the ultimate price for Salvation. Glory to God! Once received, His blood cleanses us from all sin.

1 John 1
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness [sin], we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light [righteousness and holiness], as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Secondly, being obedient to God's call to righteousness and holiness is not "works", but our reasonable service as heirs to eternal life.

Romans 12
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Why not use a translation in your normal language? You might understand the meaning more clearly.

1 John 1:5-10, "This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light and in him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him while we are walking in darkness, we lie and do not do what is true; but if we walk in the light as he himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he who is faithful and just will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

Romans 12:1-2, "I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, on the basis of God’s mercy, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your reasonable act of worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of the mind, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect."

Although Koine Greek has no punctuation, dividing up the text into verses leads to all kinds of errors. The best translations divide it up logically, by paragraphs, which is far better than the KJV chopping up the flow of ideas.

BTW, none of this has anything to do with the OP subject. That's fine with me, but I just thought that I would point it out.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, there is no correction the point of the final Judgment ~ the Great White Throne judgment of Revelation 20:11-15 ~ but only judgment and the resulting once-and-for-all condemnation ~ everlasting punishment. But sure.

Grace and peace to you.

Nothing about "everlasting" in Revelation 20:11-15.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because God shows a sinner mercy in this life does not mean He condones their sinful lifestyle. To the contrary, in my opinion, it merely reflects His mercy to draw people to Himself and away from their sins. It isn't God's desire that any should perish, but that everyone comes to repentance.

New Testament
2 Peter 3
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Old Testament
Ezekiel 33
10 Therefore, O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins be upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live?
11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Hello there,

Just because God shoaws a sinner mercy in this life does not mean He condones their sinful lifestyle.

No one said anything about condoning the sinful lifestyle. It was just mere notice.

Rahab was in the faith hall of fame - known as a Harlot, or as a Prosititue.

So do you believe there are Prostitues out there today, who have a love for God, and love for others, even though they are in their happenstance, perhaps never had anyone read the bible to them, all they know is God exist, and has faith.

Do you understand what I am saying, or please just tell me no if you are not understanding?

I do believe what your saying about santification, but I even so, no one is perfect like Jesus, thank you for considering at least.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Usually a derogatory term like you just used is a sign of hate.

Child sexual abuse is almost exclusively a heterosexual thing.
and again usually trying to associate a minority with people who abuse children is a sign of hate.

what agenda stuff?

Sure I guess, they are just words but sometimes words do hurt so I shouldnt have used the word Fag.

noun
OFFENSIVE•NORTH AMERICAN
noun: fag; plural noun: fags
  1. a gay man.
Origin
1920s: short for faggot (sense 1 of the noun).

If you are gay, and that offended you, I do apologize, @TinMan.

Not the best choice.

Even so, you can consider me a hateful person. I am not very nice sometimes, and that is just to remain humble before God himself, in knowing who I am ... a sinner none the less, adopted by the Father, in which God is looking to adopt more sinners into his family, in which they become children of God, and can grow up to become a Son or daughter of God by the spirit.

God bless.

Last edited:

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you opposed to the sexual abuse of children? I don't have the impression that you are based on your support of the Washington establishment elites that raped all those kids on Epstein Island.
I seem to remember asking for names of all these "Washington establishment elites" but I've never gotten any response to that.

• Love
Reactions: Jim B

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I seem to remember asking for names of all these "Washington establishment elites" but I've never gotten any response to that.

Garbage, dishonest, response. You love rich, Washington, rapists more than you love kids. Congratulations.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure I guess, they are just words but sometimes words do hurt so I shouldnt have used the word Fag.

noun
OFFENSIVE•NORTH AMERICAN
  1. a gay man.
Origin

Not the best choice.

Even so, you can consider me a hateful person. I am not very nice sometimes, and that is just to remain humble before God himself, in knowing who I am ... a sinner none the less, adopted by the Father, in which God is looking to adopt more sinners into his family, in which they become children of God, and can grow up to become a Son or daughter of God by the spirit.

God bless.

Tinman is far more outraged about you using a bad word than he is about Washington elites raping kids. Of course, what else should one expect from an abortionist?

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
words hurt espically when they are used to demena and dehumanize.

Is that what you call your friend?
words hurt espically when they are used to demean and dehumanize.
noun
OFFENSIVE•NORTH AMERICAN
  1. a gay man.
Origin

I would be offended if you came to a post and referred to African American people as N******. Does that make me black?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Patrick1966
Status
Not open for further replies.