I don't know where to start my journey, but I am excited to embrace it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifeasaking

Sep 11, 2019
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello , I go by Charley.
I'm looking to becoming a Christian again after almost 9 years of disbanding myself from being one. i used to go to church as a way of being closer to my now ex but i left after I found out he was cheating on me. All I felt was anger and pain which stopped me from going for a long time because it reminded me of him. After rebuilding my life and creating a better future for my self I now ready to embrace the journey once more.

I want to become a better Person and become a follower of jesus. However, my husband to be is a strong atheist as he believes in science. He doesn't really mind people having religious beliefs as long as they don't force it on people.

Edit- he knows I was a practicing Christian before we met and knows that I belie there is something out there and seems fine with it ...

I'm also unable to attend church as I am on bed rest. I have a hip,side/rib,stomach and spine problem where its painful for me to move most days. I am unable to walk much, I don't drive and cannot get to the bus stop to go to church (since it hurts a lot right now to walk).

Where should I start? Am I okay not to go ot church? (I was spoken down to by another Christian in another online forum, who basically said I can't be a Christian if I don't attend and also was horrible about me being an introvert, my health and dismissing my mental health too)

Last edited:

Lifeasaking

Sep 11, 2019
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not to discourage you, but combination of the two, wanting to be a Christian, and wanting to marry an Atheist is probably going to end in failure.

No it won't, we've been through so much together and still here. We are not going to fail.

He knows that I was a church goer and that I believe in a god like figure and this has not been a problem.I just haven't been a practicing person.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello , I go by Charley.
I'm looking to becoming a Christian again after almost 9 years of disbanding myself from being one. i used to go to church as a way of being closer to my now ex but i left after I found out he was cheating on me. All I felt was anger and pain which stopped me from going for a long time because it reminded me of him. After rebuilding my life and creating a better future for my self I now ready to embrace the journey once more.

I want to become a better Person and become a follower of jesus. However, my husband to be is a strong atheist as he believes in science. He doesn't really mind people having religious beliefs as long as they don't force it on people. I'm not ready to tell him what I believe in because this is a very new spiritual awakening I am having.
I'm still a little lost spiritually.

I'm also unable to attend church as I am on bed rest. I have a hip,side/rib,stomach and spine problem where its painful for me to move most days. I am unable to walk much, I don't drive and cannot get to the bus stop to go to church (since it hurts a lot right now to walk).

Where should I start? Am I okay not to go ot church? (I was spoken down to by another Christian in another online forum, who basically said I can't be a Christian if I don't attend and also was horrible about me being an introvert, my health and dismissing my mental health too)
Hello Charley, welcome to the forum.
How precious you are in His sight,
You went to church in the past so you have knowledge and experience with Christianity and that's great.
If you got saved and baptized by water and the Holy Spirit, then what you need to do is call on your Heavenly Father, repent of your disobedience and sins and ask His forfiveness.
If you haven't ever accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior then simply Believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that He is the Son of God...ask Jesus to come into your heart and to forgive you of all your sins.
Surrender your life to Him and let Him become the Lord over it.
Pray and ask for the baptism of the Holy Spirit and invite a pastor to come baptize you in water.
John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10, Ephesians 2:8-9
2 Corinthians 5:21, John 3:5....these are just a few scriptures to read about salvation.

Lifeasaking

Sep 11, 2019
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Charley, welcome to the forum.
How precious you are in His sight,
You went to church in the past so you have knowledge and experience with Christianity and that's great.
If you got saved and baptized by water and the Holy Spirit, then what you need to do is call on your Heavenly Father, repent of your disobedience and sins and ask His forfiveness.
If you haven't ever accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior then simply Believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that He is the Son of God...ask Jesus to come into your heart and to forgive you of all your sins.
Surrender your life to Him and let Him become the Lord over it.
Pray and ask for the baptism of the Holy Spirit and invite a pastor to come baptize you in water.
John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10, Ephesians 2:8-9
2 Corinthians 5:21, John 3:5....these are just a few scriptures to read about salvation.
Thank you. I'm not ready to be baptized or anything yet , I still have a lot of growing to do before I do so. Your words have been very kind and helpful.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. I'm not ready to be baptized or anything yet , I still have a lot of growing to do before I do so. Your words have been very kind and helpful.
No pressure, I first got saved when I was 7. Got water baptized around 10 got the Holy Spirit baptism 16.
The most important step is to realize you are a sinner and to ask Jesus to come into your heart.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what you said, and I know what the words meant. I just sense that all you ever thought being a Christ follower entailed was being a "church goer."
Willie....quit. Jesus said come as you are and He will give you rest.
You may be talking above her understanding....simple faith....don't complicate it.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it won't, we've been through so much together and still here. We are not going to fail.
I don’t mean to be discouraging, but the odds are really high toward failure. That being said I believe independent bible study is the best thing that could happen to you. Make yourself read His word till you can’t live without His daily word.
Sounds like you need a man that will never leave or forsake you, and that is only found in Christ.

Reactions: Hisman

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t mean to be discouraging, but the odds are really high toward failure. That being said I believe independent bible study is the best thing that could happen to you. Make yourself read His word till you can’t live without His daily word.
Sounds like you need a man that will never leave or forsake you, and that is only found in Christ.
Who knows God may save him through her....but the question she asks is about her salvation and returning to Christ.

Reactions: 4Jesus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who knows God may save him through her....but the question she asks is about her salvation and returning to Christ.
John 6:37 KJV
[37] All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

In this passage Charlie, the him is also referencing you, her.

Genesis 5:2 KJV
[2] Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Tecarta Bible
Tecarta Bible

Lifeasaking

Sep 11, 2019
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know what you said, and I know what the words meant. I just sense that all you ever thought being a Christ follower entailed was being a "church goer."

I dont but I asked another forum about me wanting to be reintroduced to the faith and I was spoken spoken down to, was told I cannot be a follower of faith unless I go to church and also that my health and mental health were just excuses not to go to church. I was made to feel very judged and rude;

"Why is it someone posts they have a problem, but they can't (or won't) leave the house in order to actually resolve their own problem.... and don't tell me you're an introvert. being an introvert is not a crippling problem nor is it a disease nor is it cause for sympathy towards you. I didn't go to church for 20-25 years. I stopped going a long time ago, and I just resumed. I have today been voted as sexton for my parish church."

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont but I asked another forum about me wanting to be reintroduced to the faith and I was spoken spoken down to, was told I cannot be a follower of faith unless I go to church and also that my health and mental health were just excuses not to go to church. I was made to feel very judged and rude;

"Why is it someone posts they have a problem, but they can't (or won't) leave the house in order to actually resolve their own problem.... and don't tell me you're an introvert. being an introvert is not a crippling problem nor is it a disease nor is it cause for sympathy towards you. I didn't go to church for 20-25 years. I stopped going a long time ago, and I just resumed. I have today been voted as sexton for my parish church."
I and my wife @VictoryinJesus dont attend church, you’ll find many Christians in life that don’t attend church.

Reactions: 4Jesus and amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing,
I did argue this ,not argue as such but put forward and had cleared the misunderstanding .

Its warming to know others are not church goers.wm

1 John 2:27 KJV
[27] But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Tecarta Bible
Independent study is a good thing.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello , I go by Charley.

I want to become a better Person and become a follower of jesus. However, my husband to be is a strong atheist as he believes in science. He doesn't really mind people having religious beliefs as long as they don't force it on people.

Edit- he knows I was a practicing Christian before we met and knows that I belie there is something out there and seems fine with it ...

Been thinking about you Charlie, and I believe a good place for you to start is would be to ask yourself, do I want to please men or God