I feel I've fallen away from God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quit smoking and drinking for God some time ago. I've somewhat fallen back to those days and lost my zeal for God. I hang out on these forums and God visits me often and communicates with me, but I just don't have the zest. I'm currently praying that God will provide that zeal and zest for Him in my life. I will pray that he delivers this to you also.

This happens to the large majority of us brother. Our prayers can become cold and desire for Him can seem muted somehow but, He is still there and He never changes. So much we MUST take on faith, play some worship music, keep doing what you are doing, seeking Him to set your heart on fire for Him again! He will do it, believe it! :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This happens to the large majority of us brother. Our prayers can become cold and desire for Him can seem muted somehow but, He is still there and He never changes. So much we MUST take on faith, play some worship music, keep doing what you are doing, seeking Him to set your heart on fire for Him again! He will do it, believe it! :)
Thanks for reminding me. I was going to listen to some more of the worship music you provided in the other thread :) Music Thread

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @Nancy You are right that one's true spiritual life revolves around prayer and Scripturally based worship (not on judging by externals such as smoking/vaping, glasses of wine, etc.). Prayer and the Scriptures are indeed central, and are some of the things in which the early believers in Acts 2.42 continued steadfastly.

cc @devin553344

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Nancy You are right that one's true spiritual life revolves around prayer and Scripturally based worship (not on judging by externals such as smoking/vaping, glasses of wine, etc.). Prayer and the Scriptures are indeed central, and are some of the things in which the early believers in Acts 2.42 continued steadfastly.

cc @devin553344
I watch daily Mass quit often. I'm adding worship music to my lineup now. And I review the scriptures here. I take meds for my schizophrenia and it kinda wears me down emotionally.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I watch daily Mass quit often. I'm adding worship music to my lineup now. And I review the scriptures here. I take meds for my schizophrenia and it kinda wears me down emotionally.
@devin553344 Remember also that by faith we can depend steadfastly on Christ's finished work at the Cross (Hebrews chapters 9 and 10, etc.).

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344 Remember also that by faith we can depend steadfastly on Christ's finished work at the Cross (Hebrews chapters 9 and 10, etc.).
When I find myself lacking something I often find that it is something that God can supply, I just haven't asked him for it. But I'm praying now. My faith in God is now a surety that he exists and that Jesus is God. I've come to know them from the Holy Spirit communion I have received.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
When I find myself lacking something I often find that it is something that God can supply, I just haven't asked him for it. But I'm praying now. My faith in God is now a surety that he exists and that Jesus is God. I've come to know them from the Holy Spirit communion I have received.
@devin553344
Another encouraging thing is that in John's First Epistle, chapter 1, fellowship with other Christians and walking in the light is written about in relation to 'fellowship with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ'.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344
Another encouraging thing is that in John's First Epistle, chapter 1, fellowship with other Christians and walking in the light is written about in relation to 'fellowship with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ'.
I've noticed that about going to church instead of just watching online. But online Mass is a daily thing and church service is only on Sunday. I don't get much fellowship from the Church I attend yet. Perhaps that will change in the days ahead.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Nancy Also saw this:

malachi-3-7-kjv-1.jpg
kjvbibledaily dot com

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your point?
He is called many names, Emmanuel...Lion of Judah...Christ...Lord....Master....Lamb of God...
My point is Peter preached condemnation to those that were in sin to get them to obey Acts 2:38.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is Peter preached condemnation to those that were in sin to get them to obey Acts 2:38.
And the initial start of this conversation was about titles. But it has veered way off topic.
Back on topic.

Reactions: Truther