I feel I've fallen away from God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
“No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.”
— Isaiah 54:17 (KJV)
@Heart2Soul Great verse there; I have a compilation of meditations by C H Spurgeon, one of which is based on this verse....

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Please share!
@Heart2Soul Spurgeon talks about historical instances of deliverance from enemies of the Gospel, so that the Gospel could freely circulate around the world. In other words, he says, look at the past and at the way God has led and delivered His people in order that they might serve Him more widely in the Gospel.

(Similar to the way the writer to the Hebrews speaks of the faith exploits of Old Testament saints in Hebrews 11, really...)

Reactions: Nancy

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi my name is Brent and I would really appreciate your help and thoughts on this horrible experience that I had, thankyou!

For the past couple of years when I stopped going to church I drifted away from God and moved in with this girl. I got into alcohol and drugs and sex and I did alot of horrible things that I'm ashamed of. She even had an abortion. I was really deceived at the time thinking that God was out to get me and I would get angry at him alot. I would go a little ways then repent and feel ashamed for what I was doing. But I would get angry at little things in life, like work or doing something humiliating around people led me back to drinking. I would get serious about following God for a few months then i would fall off the wagon again and this kept happening.

I had quit drinking alcohol and realized my error and how horrible I have been. I think I was going through alcohol withdrawal induced psychosis which made me hear and think bizarre things. I thought I was doomed and had to kill myself, I went up to the rooftop to jump but I didn't, im hoping it was God who was protecting me. This got so bad that my brother had to call the police on me because he was afraid I would try to jump.

They brought me to the mental hospital and they put me on medication and I got back into the word of God more serious than before and even tried to read with some of the other patients and evangelize. Then I felt another alcohol withdrawal psychosis attack coming on, and the patients at the hospital looked at me and were laughing saying repeatedly abortion is wrong, it felt like every patient there was being controlled to be against me! Then I heard a voice saying sorry son but you really hurt me and I felt this bubble leave my stomach area and I was afraid this was the Holy Spirit.

I went out into the hall and one of the patients was standing down the hall. I looked at her and felt absolutely terrified and had no strength(like they had some spirit). They said call your mom and tell her to come and pick you up, and I want you and the other 5 who lost the Holy Spirit on a cross and you can say, this is my mother take care of her. She then said that I was so selfish and all she wanted to do was to love me. I went back to my room and things went really badly that night, I totally lost control and hit a patient because I heard a voice telling me what to and I thought I was dead. Then rest of the time at the hospital went by and I kept in God's words and talking to the patients about Christ despite what happened even though I was feeling really hopless.

I got out of the hospital and went like 2 months without drinking, then I fell into it again. Now I'm 100 percent done with the alcohol and have done alot of praying and reading God's word and telling my brother about Christ. I'm just afraid that what happened at the hospital was really and God really did take His Holy Spirit from me and Im doomed.

I dont know who else to tell about this I feel really defeated because of this and hopless, sorry I know this is a long message but I am wondering what your thoughts are please. I dont want to lose my relationship with God, but I've been reading alot of the scriptures where if you turn away from God then you can never be brought back to repentance and other scriptures like that. And I was worse into alcohol and drugs for those years, now I have turned from alcohol and drugs and back to God but there is still this doom that hangs over me and I am trying to seek God's face buy these horrible thoughts keep popping into my mind that are against God and I hate them.

I dont know what is going on and I'm afraid it's too late and it was God at the hospital who took His spirit from me, please help
Try actually getting saved the right way via Acts 2:38.
That is a lot harder to backslide from.

Reactions: Brent10123

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try actually getting saved the right way via Acts 2:38.
That is a lot harder to backslide from.
Shame on you! Will you persecute a man who has humbled himself and came to find Godly Counsel and Wisdom but instead you give him vinegar to drink and thrust thorns in his already broken and weary spirit.
I pray God does not deal with you so harshly....Here is what Jesus said to the sinners and the backsliders...

Matthew 11 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁵ At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
²⁶ Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
²⁷ All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
²⁸ Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
²⁹ Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
³⁰ For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

A heart that is remorseful and seeking His forgiveness will be forgiven when he repents and confesses his sins.
And as far as the east is from the west will He remember them no more.....

Brent10123

Aug 18, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shame on you! Will you persecute a man who has humbled himself and came to find Godly Counsel and Wisdom but instead you give him vinegar to drink and thrust thorns in his already broken and weary spirit.
I pray God does not deal with you so harshly....Here is what Jesus said to the sinners and the backsliders...

Matthew 11 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁵ At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
²⁷ All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
²⁸ Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
²⁹ Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

A heart that is remorseful and seeking His forgiveness will be forgiven when he repents and confesses his sins.

Thankyou for the reply!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thankyou for the reply. Im just trying to get my zeal and passion back for God and His word that I've previously had and I feel very distant
I quit smoking and drinking for God some time ago. I've somewhat fallen back to those days and lost my zeal for God. I hang out on these forums and God visits me often and communicates with me, but I just don't have the zest. I'm currently praying that God will provide that zeal and zest for Him in my life. I will pray that he delivers this to you also.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi my name is Brent and I would really appreciate your help and thoughts on this horrible experience that I had, thankyou!

For the past couple of years when I stopped going to church I drifted away from God and moved in with this girl. I got into alcohol and drugs and sex and I did alot of horrible things that I'm ashamed of. She even had an abortion. I was really deceived at the time thinking that God was out to get me and I would get angry at him alot. I would go a little ways then repent and feel ashamed for what I was doing. But I would get angry at little things in life, like work or doing something humiliating around people led me back to drinking. I would get serious about following God for a few months then i would fall off the wagon again and this kept happening.

I had quit drinking alcohol and realized my error and how horrible I have been. I think I was going through alcohol withdrawal induced psychosis which made me hear and think bizarre things. I thought I was doomed and had to kill myself, I went up to the rooftop to jump but I didn't, im hoping it was God who was protecting me. This got so bad that my brother had to call the police on me because he was afraid I would try to jump.

They brought me to the mental hospital and they put me on medication and I got back into the word of God more serious than before and even tried to read with some of the other patients and evangelize. Then I felt another alcohol withdrawal psychosis attack coming on, and the patients at the hospital looked at me and were laughing saying repeatedly abortion is wrong, it felt like every patient there was being controlled to be against me! Then I heard a voice saying sorry son but you really hurt me and I felt this bubble leave my stomach area and I was afraid this was the Holy Spirit.

I went out into the hall and one of the patients was standing down the hall. I looked at her and felt absolutely terrified and had no strength(like they had some spirit). They said call your mom and tell her to come and pick you up, and I want you and the other 5 who lost the Holy Spirit on a cross and you can say, this is my mother take care of her. She then said that I was so selfish and all she wanted to do was to love me. I went back to my room and things went really badly that night, I totally lost control and hit a patient because I heard a voice telling me what to and I thought I was dead. Then rest of the time at the hospital went by and I kept in God's words and talking to the patients about Christ despite what happened even though I was feeling really hopless.

I got out of the hospital and went like 2 months without drinking, then I fell into it again. Now I'm 100 percent done with the alcohol and have done alot of praying and reading God's word and telling my brother about Christ. I'm just afraid that what happened at the hospital was really and God really did take His Holy Spirit from me and Im doomed.

I dont know who else to tell about this I feel really defeated because of this and hopless, sorry I know this is a long message but I am wondering what your thoughts are please. I dont want to lose my relationship with God, but I've been reading alot of the scriptures where if you turn away from God then you can never be brought back to repentance and other scriptures like that. And I was worse into alcohol and drugs for those years, now I have turned from alcohol and drugs and back to God but there is still this doom that hangs over me and I am trying to seek God's face buy these horrible thoughts keep popping into my mind that are against God and I hate them.

I dont know what is going on and I'm afraid it's too late and it was God at the hospital who took His spirit from me, please help
Also this doom feeling sounds like what I went thru in my early years of Christianity. Before I sought God I felt a doom. Then it finally happened for me and things just clicked and I began to seek God. As I attended church and served God the doom feeling left. I hope and pray this happens for you also. Drugs and alcohol are not the end, you can recover and have a meaningful life.

Brent10123

Aug 18, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also this doom feeling sounds like what I went thru in my early years of Christianity. Before I sought God I felt a doom. Then it finally happened for me and things just clicked and I began to seek God. As I attended church and served God the doom feeling left. I hope and pray this happens for you also. Drugs and alcohol are not the end, you can recover and have a meaningful life.
Thanks for the response, God bless!

Reactions: dev553344

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 11 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

So Peter was persecuting the 3000 that were lost (but thought they were right with God) Per Acts 2(38)?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Peter was persecuting the 3000 that were lost (but thought they were right with God) Per Acts 2(38)?
Peter preached a message of salvation through Jesus Christ. He had the anointing of the Holy Spirit upon him and when He preached the Word signs and wonders followed. Peter ministered the love of Jesus and offered hope to those who feared God.
Peter preached with a humble spirit and did not place condemnation on anyone.
Acts 2 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³³ Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
³⁴ For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
³⁵ Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
³⁶ Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
³⁷ Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
³⁸ Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
³⁹ For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
⁴⁰ And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
⁴¹ Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
⁴² And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Nowhere, absolutely NOWHERE, in the Bible does it say anything about getting saved the right way....as if to suggest that a person can err in confessing with their mouth and believe in there heart that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God who came and became a sacrifice for their sins.
And if anyone who confesses and repents of their sins and calls upon Him they shall be saved.

Reactions: Nancy

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter preached a message of salvation through Jesus Christ. He had the anointing of the Holy Spirit upon him and when He preached the Word signs and wonders followed. Peter ministered the love of Jesus and offered hope to those who feared God.
Peter preached with a humble spirit and did not place condemnation on anyone.
Acts 2 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³³ Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
³⁴ For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
³⁵ Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
³⁶ Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
³⁷ Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
³⁸ Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
³⁹ For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
⁴⁰ And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
⁴¹ Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
⁴² And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Nowhere, absolutely NOWHERE, in the Bible does it say anything about getting saved the right way....as if to suggest that a person can err in confessing with their mouth and believe in there heart that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God who came and became a sacrifice for their sins.
And if anyone who confesses and repents of their sins and calls upon Him they shall be saved.
³⁷ Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart,

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obey Acts 2:38.

Anyone that is not saved per Acts 2:38 is not an Acts 2 Apostolic.

They are some other kind of new age believer.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
³⁷ Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart,
What is your point?
He is called many names, Emmanuel...Lion of Judah...Christ...Lord....Master....Lamb of God...