i feel like Christiainty is to hard for me.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
i feel like it's too complicated for me to understand i don't get things like the trinity. Jesus being God and The Son Of God. Or how i am suppose to read the bible. if i even know if i am following God and that God is Christ i still don't feel like i am close. i am too scared to pray cause i have uncertainty in mind. can i just give up i will never achieve having a relationship with God. i don't know Who's God Jesus or Jehovah? are they both God. or is Jehovah another name for the Father.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i feel like it's too complicated for me to understand i don't get things like the trinity. Jesus being God and The Son Of God. Or how i am suppose to read the bible. if i even know if i am following God and that God is Christ i still don't feel like i am close. i am too scared to pray cause i have uncertainty in mind. can i just give up i will never achieve having a relationship with God. i don't know Who's God Jesus or Jehovah? are they both God. or is Jehovah another name for the Father.
First things first: take a deep breath. And then another one.

May I suggest that that first and most important thing is understanding God loves you. And then work on building a relationship with Him-- starting by simply praying to Him and ask "Hi, God, this is Sean. Can you help me feel the love you have for me?" Just talk to Him and listen, the way any young child would talk to a parent.

You ask a lot of great academic questions in this post and others. But academics come second to first building that relationship and trust. Don't blame yourself for not having an adult's academic understanding of things when you're still a child coming to Christ.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
LOL
Nobody understands the Trinity!
Why are you even thinking about it?
Are you studying to become a theologian?

What does having a relationship with God mean to you?

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Start with 'milk', the beginning of the word of God.

Ask yourself, Do I believe in creation, and Creator of that creation, see Genesis 1-2?

Ask yourself, Do I believe in Judgment by the Creator, such as in the Judgment of the Flood of Noah, see Genesis 6-9?

Ask yourself, Do I believe in absolutes, such as universal Law of the Kingdom of Creator, see Exodus 20:1-17?

Ask yourself, Do I believe that I (you personally) have at any point transgressed against this universal Law? (lied, coveted, stole, et)

Ask yourself, Do I need a Saviour for having broken the universal Law, the penalty for which is death?

Ask yourself, Do I believe that the Heavenly Father sent His Son (aka Jesus) to be that Saviour?

Ask yourself, Do I believe that my (your) Creator would ever lie to me (you)?

Ask yourself, Do I believe the Creator would tell me what was needful, as parent to child? In otherwords, do I (you) believe the Creator is Love, Just, Faithful, True, etc?

Ask yourself, Do I believe that the Creator is omnipotent, and how it relates to other attributes of character.

Jesus said,

Joh_6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
1 i can't explain.
2. No
3. i don't know
It just means that you want God to be a part of your life,,,,to accompany you throughout your life.
It means that you want to be friends with him and that you reject the evil one.

That's all it means.
Take it easy,,,you have your whole life.
Rest in God's love for you.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I had a person put it to me like, Excepting the Savior's Offer, is kinda like Gambling, Do I go with believing in God and live my whole life trying to serve Him, and at the end find out that it wasn't true, what are the consequences? We die of old Age and that's that!
Or do we deny that God is, and live out our whole life striving for the thing's of this world, and at the End we find out that God IS, and then what are the consequences??? The Choice become's a Gamble, the dice are in YOUR HAND'S!
With the Experiences I have had, I can only suggest that you do not Quit !

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I had a person put it to me like, Excepting the Savior's Offer, is kinda like Gambling, Do I go with believing in God and live my whole life trying to serve Him, and at the end find out that it wasn't true, what are the consequences? We die of old Age and that's that!
Or do we deny that God is, and live out our whole life striving for the thing's of this world, and at the End we find out that God IS, and then what are the consequences??? The Choice become's a Gamble, the dice are in YOUR HAND'S!
With the Experiences I have had, I can only suggest that you do not Quit !
Paschal's Wager.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Some things you have to work out for yourself, as people only have opinions.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All of this essentially gets solved by reading the scripture and asking God to communicate His word to you; the doubts, the questions, the fears. All of it.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, Sean, to unzip something in Word....
Do one of the following:
  1. To unzip a single file or folder, open the zipped folder, then drag the file or folder from the zipped folder to a new location.
  2. To unzip all the contents of the zipped folder, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
(To tell you the truth, it just sort of happens kind of automatically for me.)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that what the analogy is called! ???????
It's an argument in philosophy presented by the seventeenth-century French philosopher, mathematician and physicist Blaise Pascal (1623–62). It posits that humans bet with their lives that God either exists or does not.

Reactions: GodsGrace