I have a question that remains unanswered:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am referring to is the inconsistency in translation, true Paul is not God, neither is Jesus however both should have been rendered a god.

No it is your lack of understanding how translating works and when anarthrous nouns require an indefinite article and when they don't.

You let the Watchtower feed you some pap in their book "understanding the scriptures about anarthrous nouns and you just blindly accept their wrong conclusions and misrepresentations.

See the translators are not inconsistent, it is those who refuse to learn who have the issue with how th translators did their work.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's a nice presupposition you got there.

Distinction without a difference?
No, just an explanation about how God’s spirit is used throughout the whole Bible, without the trinity getting in the way of understanding the truth.

The Bible explains itself if you let it. Doctrine does not override scripture, nor in a lot of cases does it incorporate it as much as some people might assume.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words, Isaiah did not even mention Jesus or the Messiah. Isaiah was a monotheist and you have to look at his words in that context.

What is nonsensical is the trinitarian imposing their doctrine on unitarian text.

The one born of a virgin, said Isaiah. How many people have been born of a virgin?

It’s one thing to have your own opinion, but another thing to invent your own facts.

Reactions: David in NJ

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not quite.

Daniel 7:13
I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Do you know what this prophetic vision is depicting? It is the coronation of God’s son, anointing him to become King of his Father’ kingdom.That event did not become reality till "the time of the end".
Calling him "one like a son of man" is indicating his human condition....but this scene is in heaven.

Everything in the book of Daniel is prophetic concerning the “time of the end”. No one would understand its contents until then, (Daniel 12:4, 9-10)....we are in the "time of the end" right now.....in fact I believe that we are nearing the very end of that period when the judgment will come...but not before the greatest tribulation in the history of mankind takes place. (Matthew 24:21-22) It is brewing as we speak.
Do you believe that most Christians are ready for this? Have they separated themselves from the world in order to see it? Or are most too tangled up in their politics to notice? Too comfortable in their faith to even entertain the fact that their worship might be "in vain"? (Matthew 15:7-9; Matthew 7:21-23)

while it does speak of His humanity, it is also a Messianic title when jesus used it especially in JOhn. The two links are one from a gentile believer and the other from a Jewish believer.
This title was given to others before Jesus as I mentioned. It was separating their humanity from the divine origin of their message.

Jesus came from heaven to be born wholly human in 100% mortal flesh. That flesh was to be sacrificed for Adam's children, sold to the devil for solidarity with his disobedient wife. Christ's sinless life redeemed their sinful one. Do you see that Adam's choice is what got us into this mess...not just hers. The devil likes nothing better than to "divide and conquer"...he's been doing it from the beginning and humans keep falling into his trap because he always uses the same bait...."what's in it for me".

One thing I love about the video series "the chosen" Is that for the first time on film, when jesus uses the title (it is a title as well as a simple description) the Pharisees immediately recognize i a Jesus proclaiming Himself the Messiah, the son of god!
A movie depicting Biblical things can skew the truth like no other......like all the other (especially recent) Biblical epics, it is told according to the script writer's preferences. It has no impact on the way I view the Bible.....because it alone tells the story. I like to let it do its job.....God provides the understanding......but the devil lurks to provide an alternative....in fact many alternatives because confusion just serves his purpose.

The Jews were expecting a Jewish warrior Messiah, who would deal with Rome and free them to become his people once again. What they failed to recognize is why God allowed their homeland to be taken from them again. He had done it before. God only abandoned them when they left him, in pursuit of their own interests. Did not their own scriptures tell them that when you disobey God, he abandons you to your enemies? They never got it because of pride in their relationship to Abraham.....John the Baptist told them off. They thought they were untouchable.....they were wrong.

Matthew 3:7-10...
"But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, “You offspring of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Therefore produce fruit consistent with repentance; 9 and do not assume that you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father’; for I tell you that God is able, from these stones, to raise up children for Abraham. 10 And the axe is already laid at the root of the trees; therefore, every tree that does not bear good fruit is being cut down and thrown into the fire." (NASB)

The axe fell, and the Jews lost their place in God's Kingdom, because they never learned the lessons from their history. Christendom has fallen into the same trap. She too has replaced the Bible with the "traditions of men", making "Christianity" unrecognizable from its first century roots. But this was not unexpected because Jesus and his apostles foretold it. The "weeds" of counterfeit Christianity spread out into the whole world. (Matthew 13:24-30; 36-42)

It benefits all of us to stand back and regroup. Things in a world ruled by the devil are not what they seem.....he counts on our ignorance. (1 John 5:19; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4) Knowledge is the thing that can dispel ignorance....but not the only thing. (John 6:65)

Last edited:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Is Jesus the savior?

is Jesus eternal?
Yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, last time I checked..............................................................................................

1Jn 5:11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The axe fell, and the Jews lost their place in God's Kingdom,

Rom 11:1 I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin.

Rom 11:2 God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew.

Rom 11:11 So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather, through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous.

Rom 11:25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Rom 11:26 And in this way all Israel will be saved,
as it is written, “The Deliverer will come from Zion, (Jesus) he will banish ungodliness from Jacob (Israel)”;

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, just an explanation about how God’s spirit is used throughout the whole Bible, without the trinity getting in the way of understanding the truth.
There is in no way sufficient evidence in the Bible to substantiate that apostles and prophets, as a matter of course, could read the thoughts of others. Trinitarianism notwithstanding.
The Bible explains itself if you let it.
No doubt
Doctrine does not override scripture, nor in a lot of cases does it incorporate it as much as some people might assume.
2 Timothy 3:16 Parallel: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom 11:1 I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin.

Rom 11:2 God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew.

Rom 11:11 So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather, through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous.

Rom 11:25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Rom 11:26 And in this way all Israel will be saved,
as it is written, “The Deliverer will come from Zion, (Jesus) he will banish ungodliness from Jacob (Israel)”;
It was prophesied that only a remnant of literal, fleshly Israel would be saved.
Romans 9:27-29.... Paul quoted Isaiah.....
"Isaiah cries out concerning Israel, “Though the number of the sons of Israel may be like the sand of the sea, only the remnant will be saved; 28 for the Lord will execute His word on the earth, thoroughly and quickly.” 29 And just as Isaiah foretold:
If the Lord of armies had not left us descendants,
We would have become like Sodom, and would have been like Gomorrah.”

Jesus said....Matthew 21:42-44....
"Jesus said to them, “Did you never read in the Scriptures,
‘A stone which the builders rejected,
This has become the chief cornerstone;
This came about from the Lord,
And it is marvelous in our eyes’?

43 Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruit. 44 And the one who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; and on whomever it falls, it will crush him.”. . . .

The Jews lost their place and God then invited Gentiles in to fill the vacancies left by the Jews who rejected their Messiah and had him murdered.

God's acceptance of the nation of Israel as his people was conditional from the beginning. He said to them....
"Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine; 6 and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ " (Exodus 19:5-6)

In all their history, obedience from that nation was very sporadic.
Paul wrote quite a bit about being "Jewish", and so did the prophets.
Romans 9:25-26...Paul says....
"as He also says in Hosea:
I will call those who were not My people, ‘My people,
And her who was not beloved, ‘beloved.’”
26 “And it shall be that in the place where it was said to them, ‘you are not My people,’
There they shall be called sons of the living God.

Romans 9:6-7...
"But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel; 7 nor are they all children because they are Abraham’s descendants..."

Romans 2:28-29...
"For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from people, but from God."

So who is "Israel" to God now?....not the natural Jews of whom Jesus himself said..." the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruit"

Paul, in speaking to the Galatians spoke of the "Israel of God"(Galatians 6:16)....but he was referring to the disciples of Jesus who were made up of both Jewish and Gentile Christians. So there was a new "nation of Israel" formed by God in connection with his son....this was a spiritual nation, chosen by God rather than just being born a son of Abraham.

The apostate Jewish nation was 'abandoned' by God when they murdered the one sent to save them....(Matthew 23:37-39)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is "ours?"

What men?

Why the obsession with names? There is only one name given among men whereby we must be saved.

(Romans 10:13) . . .For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There may always be trouble with translators, but never with God's interpretation! A man can read any translation of the Bible and still not understand what he reads.

Consider this:

"And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him." Acts 8:30-31

Of course it could not be just any man, but rather a man like Philip led by the Spirit of God and given the Interpretation to share with the Ethiopian!

God is no respecter of persons. What He did for that man He will also do for people today without regard for poor translators. I worked for years as a translator, so I have some experience with the difficulties sometimes encountered. When necessary I would go to other experienced people for help.

When it comes to the written scriptures, God is always available to the hungry and thirsty heart!
God's Word is always available to a heart hungry and thirsty for His righteousness. [See Matt 5:6]

Actually Amad, I fully agree that God's interpretation is never wrong, however man's is. God's word is complete at this time, but understanding of it is not. Today's truths in the congregation may not necessarily be the truths of tomorrow. Why? Because like Jesus said at:
(John 16:12) . . .“I have many things yet to say to YOU, but YOU are not able to bear them at present.
So God reveals things progressively to His people Pro 4:18; Daniel 13:4

We will not have absolute truth until the end of the millennial reign of Christ, and we will never know all that God knows Ecc 3:11

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s called the trinity. Jesus is God but is not the Father, however, being God the Son, He’s of the same nature and substance as the Father, and said that if you’ve seen me, you’ve seen the father.

Isaiah said He is the mighty God, the everlasting father, so it’s inescapable that Jesus is God.

Who is Jesus?

Jesus is the Son born of a virgin, who is Immanuel - meaning God with us (Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew 1:23) who is the mighty God and everlasting Father. (Isaiah 9:6)

He is co-creator of the world, and of everything that was made in the beginning in Genesis 1.

(John 1:1,10,14 and Colossians 1:16-17)

To leave heaven and come to earth as a man, He voluntarily left the form of God that He had by His nature, and emptied Himself, setting aside all use of His divine power, and took the form of a humble servant. (Philippians 2:6-7)

Php 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,

Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Php 2:7 but EMPTIED himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

After He left Gods form to take mans form, Yahweh became the Father of Jesus when He made a body for Him to be born in.

(Hebrews 10:5)

Mary is the woman chosen by God to birth the body Yahweh made for God the word.

Since He had set aside all use of His divine power to take the form of a man (Philippians 2:6-7) Jesus didn’t start His ministry of healing the sick, raising the dead, and casting out demons, until He received the Holy Spirit at His baptism. (Matthew 3:17)

He thereafter did His miracles by the Dunamis power of the Holy Spirit, that Father Yahweh anointed Him with. (Acts 10:38)

As a humble servant and man on earth, the Father was greater in status than He, (John 14:28)— yet Jesus Is equal in nature to the Father, so He and the Father are one, (John 10:30) and He who has seen Him has seen the Father (John 14:9).

His purpose for coming to earth as a man, was to give His life a ransom for many.

(Mark 10:45)

He died physically on a cross, the sinless one for sinners, and took our place.

While His physical body was in a tomb on the surface of the earth, His spirit descended into the heart of the earth, where He preached to the spirits in prison. (1 Peter 3:19 and Ephesians 4:9-10)

These spirits were the Old Testament righteous dead, who were held in a holding chamber in hades, because no soul could ascend to heaven until Messiah came and atoned for their sins.

This chamber was called Abraham’s bosom, aka paradise, which is where the thief on the cross went. (Luke 16:22-26)

When He rose, he emptied out paradise, which is why many saints also arose and went into the city after His resurrection. (Matthew 27 53)

His resurrection was bodily, and He appeared for 40 days to His followers before He ascended visibly and bodily to heaven on a cloud from Mount Olive (Acts 1:9-12) - and this same Jesus will return to mount Olive at His second coming, exactly the same as He left, and will bring all the saints from heaven, with Him. (Zechariah 14:5)

Now paradise is in heaven, and souls of the redeemed go straight to heaven, and Jesus will bring those souls from heaven with Him at His second coming to receive their resurrected bodies. 1 Thessalonians 4:14

Lets just say that you are correct in thinking Jesus is God, then why would he not teach it Curt? Do you not think it better to obey his teachings, rather than what you read into it?