I Have No Idea Where To Put This Thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

Really? I know its nice to give soothing thoughts but is it really normal?
Yes. It's normal to feel lonely and weird when God is removing those things in your life that have become impediments to your relationship with Him.
It's normal to wonder what is wrong when we are being separated from former friends, colleagues, habits, and former pleasures that could interfere with our true goals.
It's normal to wonder if our sanity is in order when things we formerly loved, we now get bored with. When things that our numerous acquaintances find interesting, fulfilling, and of single importance we begin to consider them facile, empty, vanity, and downright irritating.
Yes, is normal to question if the world we once found a haven, why it's become the last place we want to be. It's normal to wonder if God is still in control. And we haven't totally lost it. The separation of sheep and goats is taking place now. And sometimes we wonder why our friends are abandoning us and we blame ourselves. We wonder what we did wrong. How we offended. Society as a whole is disintegrating and yes, it's quite normal to feel nervous and maybe a little frightened. But you and I know God is sovereign and has not relinquished His throne to another. We are not going insane although the planet seems to be on the verge of it... God is preparing his people.. Separating them from all that hurts and binds and threatens their future destiny with Him... And it's normal at times to feel the pain.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes. It's normal to feel lonely and weird when God is removing those things in your life that have become impediments to your relationship with Him.
It's normal to wonder what is wrong when we are being separated from former friends, colleagues, habits, and former pleasures that could interfere with our true goals.
It's normal to wonder if our sanity is in order when things we formerly loved, we now get bored with. When things that our numerous acquaintances find interesting, fulfilling, and of single importance we begin to consider them facile, empty, vanity, and downright irritating.
Yes, is normal to question if the world we once found a haven, why it's become the last place we want to be. It's normal to wonder if God is still in control. And we haven't totally lost it. The separation of sheep and goats is taking place now. And sometimes we wonder why our friends are abandoning us and we blame ourselves. We wonder what we did wrong. How we offended. Society as a whole is disintegrating and yes, it's quite normal to feel nervous and maybe a little frightened. But you and I know God is sovereign and has not relinquished His throne to another. We are not going insane although the planet seems to be on the verge of it... God is preparing his people.. Separating them from all that hurts and binds and threatens their future destiny with Him... And it's normal at times to feel the pain.
hmmmmm....I've experienced my share of that!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A really strange thing is happening to me that I have never experienced, at least not to this extent. It doesn't have me scared exactly, but just...confused and greatly out of sorts.

I suddenly can't synch with anything or anyone around me. The result of it is that I am trying, almost desperately hard, to synch in some way with anyone or anything, to try to prove to myself that I'm not going insane. It is not working and I think people seem like strange bugs to me and I seem like a strange bug to them. All my efforts to feel in synch are getting confused stares and I think...impatience? I think I am talking and chattering too much in an attempt to keep tethered or connected to others?

I have felt this nonsynching thing briefly or...sporadically for short periods of time before but its really extreme now and I'm not quite certain what to do but maybe just stop trying so hard to synch or feel...connected in some way.

On the one hand, im a bit peaceful as long as I'm alone. On the other hand, I'm a bit confused when I'm not alone. Its taking monumental effort on my part to even want to try to feel connected, like I don't even want to try any more, but then, alternately, it feels that to stop trying would be to snap away the rest of the way and become completely untethered from...normalcy?

I'm quite aware that I sound mentally imbalanced, and if I werent aware of it, the puzzled stares alone would clue me in. And now I'm thinking I should not even post this because it seems just another attempt to connect that will get more odd stares and possibly suggestions to seek out a mental health professional.

I said I would go to lunch with a small group of people yesterday. While driving there, I was thinking, oh my gosh, this was a bad idea, why didn't I just say no, now I will have to try to talk with them and I don't know how to pull myself to them and keep myself there!

Yeah, I think I'm going to just stop trying to get in synch with...the world at large. Its not working to do anything but make myself and everyone else a bit miserable...or maybe I could just nod and smile and no one will notice that I mostly can't even fathom what they are saying or why they're saying it.

Good grief...
Hey its all to do with this little bit

Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

man life is just getting boring cant fit the world in anywhere.

Reactions: amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh Jen,
I so understand what you are talking about because that is my default, everyday. I do have allot of social anxiety so, I try to cover it with humor. I do not leave the house much at all and that is not good...isolation is my middle name! But...that leads to depression and finally into despair. Many, many times I have to just get into my car and drive to the lake, sit there and talk to God. I will so be praying for you my friend. I avoid as much as I can, small groups as, I find I have nothing to say of any substance or, something stupid will sneak out of my mouth. This causes many to ignore or avoid me! Feeling disconnected is a horrible experience. I do have a few "good" days now and then, not many. I feel like an actor putting a smile on my face when all I want to do is cry. Hard to reveal all of this to my Christian friends and there are not many of them. I think my whole family has a bit of this. Not something you can just shake off like some Christians think...they think you have no faith in God or that you're looking for pity!!! NOT SO! We need connections with others yet, it can be so difficult. I'm not at all one for small talk as it is just a waste of breath (IMHO). After 4 days of staring at walls, I will be stepping out to go to The Genesis Center. I feel more comfortable there than anywhere. I got your back sister, you will be my sole prayer throughout the day.
xo
Pia is just like that... even with my son and granddaughter around me i find it difficult.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
no one can fit in the world, and no one wanna leave it lol
And then I feel like I'm arrogant because I'm not caring what someone else wants to talk about. But my gosh, the weather again? Why?? What is the point of having a conversation about how cold it is when everyone already knows its cold? But then there was a conversation about which pieces of cornbread were best, end pieces, less browned pieces, more browned pieces. Oh my gosh...
narf

Reactions: Waiting on him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, in fact, I'm mostly having a conversation with myself and about myself, most assuredly because no one wants to touch it with a 50 foot pole! Yikes I'm a mess right now!

I get it.

Some of the things that describe me are "mildly Autistic", and "highly sensitive person" - google that, it may help. I have to leave rooms where too many people are talking all at once.

That's one of the reasons I love forums, I can go at my own pace. I've had to learn that people are just trying to connect, or get affirmation, when they talk about the cold, and will often respond warmly to a more personal drawing out. And those who don't, I've learned that they may not want that, and I can keep it light.

I've got a lot of other reasons why I feel separate from nearly all humanity. I thank God for my wife, my one true connection with someone else, and the body of Christ, without which I wouldn't have any friends.

Much love!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the one hand, im a bit peaceful as long as I'm alone. On the other hand, I'm a bit confused when I'm not alone. Its taking monumental effort on my part to even want to try to feel connected, like I don't even want to try any more, but then, alternately, it feels that to stop trying would be to snap away the rest of the way and become completely untethered from...normalcy?

Is it possible that you need some solitude? There are people like me, who tend to need alone time to recharge, just as there are those who need to be with others to gain energy. If you're the kind who procrastinates some, enjoys the journey as much as the destination, and might tend to be a bit messy, you might be an NT personality type.

For me, at least, there's a time to be open to my relationship with God and what He would have me do in my life. I can't do that among others. If I withdraw for a while, I often come out refreshed and ready to be sociable afterwards.

Worth considering. The important thing is to remember we weren't all created the same; you have to be who you are. My wife is a night owl who loves to be with people and hates to get up in the morning. I'm an early riser who needs my solitude from time to time. We've been married over 50 years, because each of us is willing to accept who the other is.

Maybe that's not what's bothering you, but the hint about being peaceful alone suggests it.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know Nancy, you said how you deal with it by humor. I do that too a lot of the time...

It's like being on a roller coaster, isn't it? I had a pretty bad day yesterday, emotionally, spiritually and mentally. Today, He has me in a better place...I had a discussion with an Episcopalian priest and, she knows everything about me. She really helped as I was feeling that everything was without meaning and just wanted to leave the world...(I would NEVER do that) just feel like I want to at times and, I know that is of Satan. Just wish His joy would be more constant as, I tend towards depression and if I let it get hold of me, and run with it...not a thing good comes of it. I am praying for you Jen, seems you are going through a dry patch :(

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
first this is not a tip but a reference because i do not have the right to give advices
All my efforts to feel in synch are getting confused stares and I think...impatience? I think I am talking and chattering too much in an attempt to keep tethered or connected to others?
you do know we two have a lot of similarity in this statement

and when i already disconnected myself from them worst things happened to me.. i simply don't know them anymore i don't know how to interact with them(they've already change the world has change but me stays the same stays in the past)

they also don't want to interact with me because they probably don't know how
I said I would go to lunch with a small group of people yesterday. While driving there, I was thinking, oh my gosh, this was a bad idea, why didn't I just say no, now I will have to try to talk with them and I don't know how to pull myself to them and keep myself there!
i also keep doing this they ask me to come with them but the moment i imagine what will happened next i eventually said i changed my mind i don't want to come along and so everytime they asked me i keep on refusing them because i feel there's no point in me being with them nothing will even change whether i go or not but sometimes the things that we predict will happen don't happen

in your case the moment i realize those things i would send message to them i already changed my mind of course they would ask why?

but after i disconnected myself from them they don't ask anymore they don't even bother asking or interacting with me everytime this depressing feelings glowed brightly i would just take shelter in God and this boost my hope for a short period of time because there's nothing else i can do this world is not my world

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A really strange thing is happening to me that I have never experienced, at least not to this extent. It doesn't have me scared exactly, but just...confused and greatly out of sorts.

I suddenly can't synch with anything or anyone around me. The result of it is that I am trying, almost desperately hard, to synch in some way with anyone or anything, to try to prove to myself that I'm not going insane. It is not working and I think people seem like strange bugs to me and I seem like a strange bug to them. All my efforts to feel in synch are getting confused stares and I think...impatience? I think I am talking and chattering too much in an attempt to keep tethered or connected to others?

I have felt this nonsynching thing briefly or...sporadically for short periods of time before but its really extreme now and I'm not quite certain what to do but maybe just stop trying so hard to synch or feel...connected in some way.

I'm quite aware that I sound mentally imbalanced, and if I werent aware of it, the puzzled stares alone would clue me in. And now I'm thinking I should not even post this because it seems just another attempt to connect that will get more odd stares and possibly suggestions to seek out a mental health professional.

Yeah, I think I'm going to just stop trying to get in synch with...the world at large. Its not working to do anything but make myself and everyone else a bit miserable...or maybe I could just nod and smile and no one will notice that I mostly can't even fathom what they are saying or why they're saying it.

Good grief...

Do you want an answer, dear sister? Do you, do you?

We are social beings, and just saying hi, and getting a response levels us, things are ok, we are together as a group, there is no immediate danger, everything is as I would hope it would be, and those around me are not a threat, and possibly I can exchange some appreciation and empathy with them.

As children we learn this behaviour, shared awareness, and reaching out.

For whatever reason you have now withdrawn from this, and feel it is not true, or has no value, or does not work for you.
But here you are reaching out, in a different way, for another version of its ok, things are as they should be etc.

What amazes me is how these processes and needs govern our perception and ability to do things daily. We take for granted this shared social awareness, until it disappears, and we become aware something has changed, like you just have. God bless you

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good grief...
HI SBG,
You experiencing the normal situation for all Born Again Christians, who are "walking in the Spirit".
"We have the mind of Christ" .
What you are sensing is what Jesus said would take place within us, when He takes up residence within us. His Mind "comes along side our mind", which is the Koine Greek meaning of the word "paraclete", of how He dwells/abides within us.

Paul the Apostle describes it this way:
Galatians 2[20] I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good grief...
2 Timothy 1:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

About 30 minutes in a prayer closet while praying in the Spirit(tongues) is the fix.

It will put you on the top of the world.

After a few days, do it again.....