I just want to get this off my chest, concerning hypocrisy in the church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScaliaFan said:
too bad people are so busy studying Christianity rather than living it. I am not saying it's wrong to study these kinds of things, but when people get hung up on details and throw the Church out with the bathwater, something is terribly, terribly wrong. And that something is this: they are more into the brain than the soul... not following Jesus. Jesus gave us a church to study all this stuff and tell us what it means, so we would not have to study it ourselves
Are not true Christians to carefully study the Bible in order to have an accurate knowledge of "the truth" (see Phil 1:9 whereby Paul says a Christian is to have "accurate knowledge and full discernment"), removing any false beliefs, for did not Jesus say to his apostles concerning the false religious teachings of the Pharisees and Sadducees: "Keep your eyes open and watch out for the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees"......Then they grasped that he said to watch out, not for the leaven of bread (after performing a miracle of feeding several thousand people with seven loaves of bread, Matt 15:32-39), but for the (false) teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees".(Matt 16:6, 12)

How many people knowingly will accept a counterfeit $20 bill ? But if it is disguised as the "real deal" and believes it is genuine, then they have no qualms about keeping it, until they try to deposit in a bank. Banks verify every dollar that they receive to insure that they are not fake, only genuine. If found to be counterfeit, then the depositor loses that amount of money.

Does God accept lies ? Did not Jesus say concerning Satan, that he is "the father of the lie" and that "he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him".(John 8:44) And did not Jesus say to Pilate: "For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is on the side of the truth listens to my voice".(John 18:37)

Are you for letting lies continue or are you for "the truth" ? No one who allows falsehoods or lies to continue will gain God's favor and will thus see his destructive anger.(see Rev 21:8) Only those who are "on the side of the truth" are genuine Christians. It is not what the Catholic church presents as "truth", for it has been exposed as falsehoods. How can a person live "Christianity" if their view of it is based on falsehoods ?

The apostle Paul wrote: "Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have ? Or what sharing does light (of truth) have with darkness (of falsehoods) ? Futher, what harmony is there between Christ (who speaks only the truth) with Belial (another name for Satan who dispenses lies) ?....."Therefore, get out from among them (those who promote falsehoods), and separate yourselves (being no part of them), says Jehovah, ' and quit touching the unclean thing', and, ' I will take you in' "(2 Cor 6:14, 15, 17; Paul quoted from Isa 52:11)

What really counts with God, what the church says or what the Bible really teaches ? Jesus told Satan: "It is written (at Deut 8:3): ' Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from Jehovah's mouth' ".(Matt 4:4) Are we not then to listen to what the Bible really teaches rather than what is dispensed by the Catholic church, since it has been shown to be religious falsehoods ?

Jesus told the Jews: "If you remain in my word (and not accept what the Pharisees and Sadducees teach or anyone else for that matter when it conflicts with "the truth"), then you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth (not falsehoods), and the truth will set you from free (from religious error, sin and death)".(John 8:31, 32)

Again, would you accept counterfeit money or would you walk away from the person trying to convince you to take it ? Most have taken counterfeit religious teachings and have not carefully looked into what the Bible really teaches.(see Matt 7:13) Only a "few" are really interested in Bible "truth".(see Matt 7:14) Its a choice everyone has to make, but it will ultimately determine whether or not a person has God's favor and lives forever.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
mjrhealth said:
Jesus said we can only serve one master, we either love one or hate the other, and I just cat be a part of this Hypocrisy called religion. JEsus is worth more than mens religions/
yes, but when we are in the hypocritical Church Christ founded

at least we are in the Church Christ founded..

:)

in His Real, tangible (actual) Presence, found nowhere else but in HIS Church

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Guestman said:
Are not true Christians to carefully study the Bible in order to have an accurate knowledge of "the truth" (see Phil 1:9 whereby Paul says a Christian is to have "accurate knowledge and full discernment"), removing any false beliefs, for did not Jesus say to his apostles concerning the false religious teachings of the Pharisees and Sadducees: "Keep your eyes open and watch out for the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees"......Then they grasped that he said to watch out, not for the leaven of bread (after performing a miracle of feeding several thousand people with seven loaves of bread, Matt 15:32-39), but for the (false) teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees".(Matt 16:6, 12)

How many people knowingly will accept a counterfeit $20 bill ? But if it is disguised as the "real deal" and believes it is genuine, then they have no qualms about keeping it, until they try to deposit in a bank. Banks verify every dollar that they receive to insure that they are not fake, only genuine. If found to be counterfeit, then the depositor loses that amount of money.

Does God accept lies ? Did not Jesus say concerning Satan, that he is "the father of the lie" and that "he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him".(John 8:44) And did not Jesus say to Pilate: "For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is on the side of the truth listens to my voice".(John 18:37)

Are you for letting lies continue or are you for "the truth" ? No one who allows falsehoods or lies to continue will gain God's favor and will thus see his destructive anger.(see Rev 21:8) Only those who are "on the side of the truth" are genuine Christians. It is not what the Catholic church presents as "truth", for it has been exposed as falsehoods. How can a person live "Christianity" if their view of it is based on falsehoods ?

The apostle Paul wrote: "Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have ? Or what sharing does light (of truth) have with darkness (of falsehoods) ? Futher, what harmony is there between Christ (who speaks only the truth) with Belial (another name for Satan who dispenses lies) ?....."Therefore, get out from among them (those who promote falsehoods), and separate yourselves (being no part of them), says Jehovah, ' and quit touching the unclean thing', and, ' I will take you in' "(2 Cor 6:14, 15, 17; Paul quoted from Isa 52:11)

What really counts with God, what the church says or what the Bible really teaches ? Jesus told Satan: "It is written (at Deut 8:3): ' Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from Jehovah's mouth' ".(Matt 4:4) Are we not then to listen to what the Bible really teaches rather than what is dispensed by the Catholic church, since it has been shown to be religious falsehoods ?

Jesus told the Jews: "If you remain in my word (and not accept what the Pharisees and Sadducees teach or anyone else for that matter when it conflicts with "the truth"), then you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth (not falsehoods), and the truth will set you from free (from religious error, sin and death)".(John 8:31, 32)

Again, would you accept counterfeit money or would you walk away from the person trying to convince you to take it ? Most have taken counterfeit religious teachings and have not carefully looked into what the Bible really teaches.(see Matt 7:13) Only a "few" are really interested in Bible "truth".(see Matt 7:14) Its a choice everyone has to make, but it will ultimately determine whether or not a person has God's favor and lives forever.
i copy/pasted most of this so i can read later

but.. again, i dont have a problem wtih studying.. anything, esp the Bible, but the problem is that you can study in a false way. Christ established one Church and when/if other so called "churches" disagree w/ the Original Church, obviously you have to agree that can be serious, esp when we are dealing with such an important issue as eternal salvation.

Jesus, being God, knew we would have problems u/standing, knew we would misintepret the Word, and so he gave us a Church that can be trusted..

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
The Barrd said:
When you say "the Church", I do hope you are talking about every saved believer, no matter what denomination they belong to.
That Church is, as you say, Divine, because Jesus is it's head.
All of those denomnations are to our shame....and that included Roman Catholicism, who is the mother of harlots...
no one living on Earth is or can be assumed to be "saved" eternally. He may be saved in a moment of time, but --for one thing, only God knows about such things. We cannot assume we are even saved in a moment in time. We should never presume anything when it comes to eternal salvation.

Even St Paul said that while he wasn't aware of anything, any sin, that kept him back (or however he put it), he... can't recall exact words but he did not presume on his salvation. he merely said he had fought the fight and had kept the faith. The rest is up to Our Lord, whom we CAN presume is merciful.. but what many christians forget is that he is also perfectly JUST and perfectly HOLY...

and in Revelation it says that absolutely no impure thing will enter Heaven. Even a smidgeon of a DESIRE for some sin or another is an impurity that has to be cleansed (purged) b4 one can enter Heaven... hence the need for Purgatory. No catholic Church member made up the doctrine of Purgatory. It is a reality just like Heaven. It is not a 2nd chance, but a place for impure Chritians (and who does not fit that term?) to become... capable of enjoying Heaven.. meaning: free of sin..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is in Purgatory w/ his suffering people
Man you have some weird Ideas of Jesus.

Luk_22:69 Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

Act_7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
mjrhealth said:
Man you have some weird Ideas of Jesus.

Luk_22:69 Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

Act_7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
i think (know) noncatholics have weird ideas. But "my" Church came b4 yours. Mine was established by Jesus Himself

so of course it will be "weird"

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
. Mine was established by Jesus Himself
No its all based on a lie. For me and us to agree with you, we would have to spit in the face of Jesus, declare all His works as worthless, deny our father ( God) who is the only one worthy to be called father, and contend with God over idols, pointless prayers, traditions and a mutiltude of falsehoods. And my friend I will not do that for the devil.