I made a mistake and will correct it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

E

epouraniois

There were three mandatory (to make the trek to Jerusalem) annual feasts. Not more. That we must examine and be prepared to unlearn much of what all that 'Public Worship' teaches should come at no surprise. If we are not prepared for Scriptural correction our workmanship can easily find us in shame at the resurrection. For example, it is commonly taught that Jesus as Christ (Messiah) preached for three years, but what can Scripture actually confirm? Let us look to see ~Most people agree that according to three of the four canonized gospels, only one Passover is mentioned, and it can be concluded from these accounts that the LORD Jesus had a short ministry spanning at the most one year, beginning at His Baptism and ending with the Crucifixion. The gospel of John does appear to indicate a longer ministry for there are three different Passovers mentioned in it's text. These are in verses 2:13, 6:4, and 11:55. All should agree without contention that the Passover of Jn 11:55 is the one where He was Crucified. I should mention the obvious here. There is only one year (360 days) between Passovers, and even if there were three conventional Passovers here, that could only confirm only a little over two years - think on that. We know from the times mentioned in John's Gospel that the Baptism was only a few months at most prior to Jn 2:13. So, with this obvious evidence in the gospel of John, there is no scriptural reason for a claim of a ministry length of three or three and a half years. Many, however, cling to such as if it were fact. As it turns out, the 3 and a half years ministry length is a necessary component the present confusion of some popular 'last days' prophecy, supposing to help explain the so-called missing 7 years of Dan 9:25. There is no missing time at all there in Daniel. Before we look at the Passover of Jn 6:4 in detail, which we can shortly do if anyone wishes, lets look into the Prophets and the Law in the context of those things written in John's gospel, which were fulfilled by the LORD Jesus. John 1:35-3735 Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!37 And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus. (KJV)Now, we know the LORD Jesus was the Passover Lamb forever, the acceptable sacrifice, for Paul says :1 Cor 5:77 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: (KJV) (NOTE, PAUL, A JEW, SAYS IT IS OUR PASSOVER, NOT OURS AND THE GREEK'S PASSOVER)The LORD Jesus confirms: John 12:2727 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. (KJV) We all know the LORD Jesus came to be the Passover Lamb, sacrificed AS type and shadow foretold in the OT. We know the LORD Jesus fulfilled all the Law and the Prophets. But do you remember what this Lamb was to be? Exod 12:5-65 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening. (KJV)Notice that according to the Law, the Lamb MUST be a male of the FIRST year. A lamb of more than first year age is not acceptable. The LORD Jesus, as the Lamb of God, as spoken by John Baptist, was indeed a male of the first year, beginning a year after his Baptism.Quoting Isaiah the prophet, the LORD Jesus says: Luke 4:18-2118 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. (KJV)Notice he says acceptable YEAR, not any other time such as 2 or 3 years. Let us now examine the 'passover' of Jn 6:4. This Passover mentioned is worded differently compared to the ones n 2:13 and 11:55. One may truly ask why this would be, but like all things, it is written for our admonition and instruction. Here is where you have to be a little wise. The Word clues it for you. Notice that both in Jn 2:13 and in 11:55, the wording is "the Jews Passover". (This SAME wording is used before AND after the mention of this "passover" in Jn 6:4. But in Jn 6:4 it is called "the passover, a feast of the Jews". What’s the difference? Well if you look in 2 Chron 30, you will find that the second-month passover was re-established by king Hezekiah, a king of Judah, for those who couldn't keep the one on 15 Nisan. It was in the second month, (30 days after the regular passover). This is documented in the companion appendix 51 as well. This one was originally established by Moses < Num 9:10-11>, but apparently fell into misuse until it was reestablished by King Hezikiah. In Ezra 3:8, after the temple was reestablished (the 49 years) there is a feast of the second month mentioned. This one in Jn 6:4 is called a "feast of the Jews"- it was their tradition, the “tradition of the elders“. (ref Matt 15 and Mk 3) Thus, it is simply that this ‘feast of the Jews’, perhaps began to be a traditional ‘substitute’ for the one true “Passover”, but in any case, it is obvious that the LORD Jesus did not keep it. Instead, He went and FED the folks. (See Jn 6:5-71). On the other 2 Passovers, (Jn 2:13 & Jn 11:55) He went to the Temple. Pay attention!! Notice in Numbers 9, the REASON that the second Passover was established. That this Passover was ignored by the LORD Jesus is obvious, for Chapter 7 mentions the feast of Tabernacles, which is 5 months later. Certainly, Christ would never have failed to keep the required Passover, as the Law stipulates that the keeping of the Passover is an ordinance towards the Hebrew forever (for the abiding age time). (Ex 12:14, many other places)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Epo I think you are drawing a conclusion here about a one year minestry that does not stand up. You sugest that you see something here that all biblical scholars and historians missed when the way you have presented it makes it seem obvious I think when everyone scholar to layman disagree with your conclusions its time to examine our own ideas.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Dan 9:25. There is no missing time at all there in Daniel? Again how to you presume to know what all others do not.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
There are four times in history that the starting time of this seventy week period of prophecy could have started. This is what has made this starting date so controversial. During the time of Jewish captivity, four different commandments were issued, for the return to Jerusalem. These were:First, was the command of Cyrus to return to rebuild the temple as seen in II Chronicles 36:22-23 and Ezra 1. the date of this command was given in 539 B.C.Second, was the command by Darius to advance the construction of the temple, as we see in Ezra 6:1. This command was given in 518 B.C. or in 519 B.C.Third, was the command of Artaxerxes to Ezra to purify the temple and reestablish the sacrifices and ordinances. This command is found in Ezra 4:17, and the command was given in 457 B.C.Fourth, the command of Artaxerxes to Nehemiah to return to Jerusalem, to rebuild the city streets and walls, to make the city safe from the raids and plundering of the neighboring nations. We read of this in Nehemiah 2:1-9, and this puts this command in 444 B.C.In Daniel 9:25 we read, "Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem..." The fourth command in 444 B.C. could be the only starting point for Daniel's seventy week prophecy. All three of the other commands were not relating to the city of Jerusalem, but to the building, finishing, and purification of the temple.At the conclusion of the seventy weeks of years, Daniel saw in the vision that certain things would happen. Look ar Daniel 9:24, "... to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy and to anoint the most Holy." We know that each of these things above still exist and will exist until the end of the tribulation period. That time of testing for all Israel, and destruction for the rest of the world.It is an historical fact that the time to rebuild the streets and walls of Jerusalem was 49 years, exactly as Daniel prophesied in Daniel 9:25. "...from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince (Jesus Christ recognized as the Messiah), shall be seven weeks, three score and two weeks."The first seven weeks, then sixty-two more weeks of years were given in the vision of Daniel for the time of the Messiah. This then leaves us one week shy of the total seventy weeks prophesied by Daniel, for the Messiah to come and physically rule over Israel.

E

epouraniois

I have shown with Scripture the number of Passovers within the Gospels, as well as the requirements of the Lamb slain. Remember what I mentioned to think upon? Well, did you think on it? The LORD baptized, 2 months later Passover. from this Passover to the next = slightly over 1 year. from this first year Passover to the next would be at most a little over two years. How many lawfully ordained Passovers did the LORD Jesus keep?Others DO know how Daniel's weeks come together. This has only recently been revealed though. We have diligently been pouring over though the Scriptures, the ancient languages and word usages, and believe that in times past it was not time for them to be unsealed, but yes, the thousand two hundred and ninety day, and the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days of Daniel, along with the ten days of Revelation two have ALL now been brought together. Perhaps one day we can study that, but right now it looks like some foundational material needs to be the focus. I can elaborate with a great deal of math and Scripture, but first things first, please, as these fundamentals must be realized before going that deep. Indeed, there seems to me to be a great need to find agreement one with another of even the overall concept of the redemptive purpose of the ages, not to mention the rightly dividing of them, the meaning and time frames and purposes of the words and their contexts we find in the Bible. Till I am comfortable with expositing what is undoubtedly a very deep study, and being you believe what Tradition states about the length of the LORD's earthly ministry, then perhaps for the time being you wouldn't mind providing with Scripture these things ~1. The unblemished Lamb can be other than a Lamb of the first year2. Christ had a three and half year ministryRemember that bumper sticker, Question Authority? Well, Question Traditions. Prove all things, searching the Scriptures to see if a thing is so.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Its not just tradition its history and after 3 years of study you think you have found who all through history have missed?

E

epouraniois

(kriss;9472)
Its not just tradition its history and after 3 years of study you think you have found who all through history have missed?
Does that mean you have no verses to support your beliefs? Now, when people believe things they cannot show from what is written, isn't that one of the strongholds of tradition? And why do you think it is time or length of service that is the measure? Is that what the Bible says we are to measure anothers workmanship by? Isn't it the LORD who does the work in us? But yes, I believe the LORD works in me mightily, and furthermore I believe it is because of acknowledgment, as my studies come not from my work, but work I must, and prayerfully so if the LORD is going to do any revealing to me. It is to the glory of His grace that I have been made known of His calling and manifold wisdom at all.