I need to leave my golden handcuffs job. Any advice...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello TeachMeThyWill,
You are getting rewards for righteousness while on the Job. But, I recommend saving money like crazy and get yourself in a position to leave. All it will take is a short time for a large down payment on a house where you want to live. Have a little patience. Then you can enjoy life. But save your money big time to get there.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is an old thread and this member hasn‘t been on the forum since 2020 , so I am not sure he will respond. I wonder how everything turned out x

Angel Faith

Nov 17, 2022
Left Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an old thread and this member hasn‘t been on the forum since 2020 , so I am not sure he will respond. I wonder how everything turned out x
Me too. I hope they're OK what with the trials they suffered at work.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dump the job immediately and move on to something better. BTW you do not always have to think in terms of "a job". You could be self employed and be your own boss.
Perhaps that’s what he did in the end but as this is an old thread I doubt we will ever find out !

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..Any advice?..

I've had a number of jobs over the years and always found there was a contingent of nonchristians and atheists there who bored me, but I put up with them just like a hound dawg puts up with fleas crawling on its back..:)
Sometimes the jobs themselves bored me, so I simply left and tried another, and another and another.
So don't be afraid to make the break, just WALK !
"What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?..Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord, I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters" (2 Corinthians 6:14-18 )
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Proverbs 13:20)
"Bad company corrupts good character" (1 Corinthians 15:33)

"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump

Reactions: Angel Faith

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps that’s what he did in the end but as this is an old thread I doubt we will ever find out !
Rita, have you notice how many really ancient threads are being revived since there were changes made to the board? Something strange is going on. My recommendation would be to wipe out everything prior to 2020. That is still two years worth of posts. (Or even 2021).

Reactions: Stan B

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rita, have you notice how many really ancient threads are being revived since there were changes made to the board? Something strange is going on. My recommendation would be to wipe out everything prior to 2020. That is still two years worth of posts. (Or even 2021).
I have noticed the same thing but not sure it is the upgrade as the threads seem to be showing up more in the last few weeks. I just presumed that newer members were looking at the archives and posting in them.

Reactions: Stan B

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are not in a church, get into one that will help you stand against spiritual oppression (while you must be in it).
I would recommend these,
(Links above are locators.)

If you cannot go on Sunday, see what they have for mid-week services, home groups, men's groups, etc.
Put Your Trust (In The Hands Of Jesus), Chris Christian (1983)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is perfectly commendable. Look for another job immediately (even if it is not the perfect job) and quit your workplace for the sake of your own mental well-being. If you can do it next week so much the better.
As for the part about growing old . Well that man said he was thirty five . He wont even make it to my age of fifty .
And the only reason i say that is , WELL JUST LOOK at the signs of the times . The coming of Christ draws close my friend .
And believe you me , ON THAT DAY i aint gonna miss this world one bit . TILLL THEN we must point all to CHRIST
while we still have time to do so .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest an attorney.
You're being harrassed because you are Christian.

Did you call the police when you found your car vandalized?
Does the workplace parking lot have security cameras?
I have better advice . REJOICE when ye are perscuted for His name sake . AND he can easily leave that job too .
No need for lawyers .

Reactions: Marvelloustime