I note that Brother Copeland and Jesse Duplantis is on the minds of some here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Huperetes

Dec 10, 2019
Millington
www.grex.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if our cobber Ken is hiding in his mansion at the moment, very nervous about the news that the pastor who said publicly that "God is greater than the Coronavirus" has now died from it?

That's what happens when someone deliberately puts himself in harm's way and tests God. That's one of the temptations that Satan put on Jesus and His reply was, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." So, when someone tempts God, they come off second best.
Who was this Pastor? I can't find any info on this.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen to God's Word. He is judged already by God's Word, and by his own word broadcast a year, 2 years , or 3 years ago (widely noted: his apostasy) .....

THE ROCK on which we stand must be Jesus, and faith in Jesus.

The quicksand that one got in, wilfully, he made quite widely known himself, in his own words, thus he is already judged guilty by his own words, as many have noted in the last 12 to 24 months.

Hi Joseph,
Are you talking abut that video where Kenneth is with a group of all the faiths? Where it starts out with a priest saying "We're all Catholic. There were also Muslims, Hindus as well as other faiths there. It screamed ecumenism. I did not see the whole vid but, I saw enough.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was in the news yesterday.

Looking thru articles published about him, he had serious problems besides the virus. No full disclosure yet. (couldn't find full disclosure)

So far, almost all, if not all, the ones who died were already compromised, or possibly (unauthorized, politically incorrectly, they) received treatment (yes, even in a hospital) that could not help them, and could make them worse.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not see the whole vid but, I saw enough.
Just like b.grah. , I did not tell others about him or his son, until they verified themselves, with their own words, on live broadcasts or recorded broadcasts of them, themselves, in their own words, their own sin, thus they are judged by their own words. Copeland was not even trying to keep his own sin secret. It was his own broadcasts he admitted it.

Reactions: Nancy

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys don't know his heart at all.
We don't know his heart but we know what he preaches. Jesus said that what fills the heart comes out of the mouth.

The Aussie Christians I have met in real life tend to have a different viewpoint on both Copeland and Duplantis being excellent "word of faith" preachers.
It seems like an oxymoron to use the terms "excellent" and "word of faith" to describe the same person. Jesus promised that God will supply the needs of everyone who is faithful and that we could lay up treasures in Heaven if we are faithful but there is no place in the Bible that promises we will all become wealthy here on earth. We are promised eternal rewards and anything we have on earth is only temporary.

Reactions: Joseph77

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says," let him who is without sin cast the first tone". The cost of mocking, scoffing, attacking a member of God's family is far more than you will want to pay. THINK!!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems like an oxymoron to use the terms "excellent" and "word of faith" to describe the same person. Jesus promised that God will supply the needs of everyone who is faithful and that we could lay up treasures in Heaven if we are faithful but there is no place in the Bible that promises we will all become wealthy here on earth. We are promised eternal rewards and anything we have on earth is only temporary.

That is peripheral stuff. They are very giving people. It may or may not be give to get, but God only knows if that is their heart or not. And that is individual. What really matters is what they think about sin. At least they don't teach that the sins we continue to commit are covered by the blood of Jesus that many Protestants teach, but it is a lie, and they accuse opponents of not valuing the blood of Jesus, when in fact, it is they that do not recognize the power of that blood to take away the desire to sin, thus not committing sin in the first place.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says," let him who is without sin cast the first tone". The cost of mocking, scoffing, attacking a member of God's family is far more than you will want to pay. THINK!!
I wasn't suggesting we stone these two to death. Got that? God can deal with them.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is peripheral stuff. They are very giving people. It may or may not be give to get, but God only knows if that is their heart or not. And that is individual. What really matters is what they think about sin. At least they don't teach that the sins we continue to commit are covered by the blood of Jesus that many Protestants teach, but it is a lie, and they accuse opponents of not valuing the blood of Jesus, when in fact, it is they that do not recognize the power of that blood to take away the desire to sin, thus not committing sin in the first place.
Did you find any documentation for what you said earlier?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, what was it I said?
"Did you know that most of the time when Kenneth Copeland travels to some ministry, and if they don't have a plane, he gives them his? He and his staff then either bus it home or commercial air."

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does GOD say about those who bring a false gospel??!! THINK!!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Joseph,
Are you talking abut that video where Kenneth is with a group of all the faiths? Where it starts out with a priest saying "We're all Catholic. There were also Muslims, Hindus as well as other faiths there. It screamed ecumenism. I did not see the whole vid but, I saw enough.
No. It was cope himself, declaring a false gospel right over television, as also he is shown to have been doing for years now.... there is no question about this, from a multitude of witnesses (those who support him will be witnesses for their own judgment) , and from his own words directly.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The cost of mocking, scoffing, attacking a member of God's family is far more than you will want to pay. THINK!!
Do you think you are going to frighten me with this kind of idle threat? We can all see whether a minister is serving God or mammon. Someone with money as his god isn't going to frighten me. Jesus mocked them, and I think they deserve mocking.

Matthew 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

Matthew 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

I have known ministers who did not worship money. They loved both God and people.