I note that Brother Copeland and Jesse Duplantis is on the minds of some here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God did not want to bless His family with prosperity why say===Deuteronomy 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
God gave them the power to get wealth. It doesn't say God made them wealthy. He gave them land, land that was very good -- so if they worked at it, they could become wealthy.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Canute got carried away by pride, did he not?

The question may be what kind of things do we have the right to pray for? We have discussed this verse from Isaiah before, so I know we agree the KJV is not wrong.

Isa 45:11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

I think Jesus was saying something similar here:

Jhn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Something may look good to me but I might not see the bigger picture. It might be good for me but bad for other people. One night recently, I found I did not know how to pray or even what to ask for. I said to myself, "Jesus knows what I should ask for. Maybe I don't even need to know. I can just pray and ask for whatever he wants." Lately my spiritual senses haven't been the best; but when I did pray like that recently, I could sense a tremendous movement of angels going to do what Jesus wanted. It did come to me that many people in the world have minds that are darkened and many of them would accept the Light of God if they knew about it, so then I prayed for them specifically -- that those who were in darkness but ready to receive Light might receive it. All truth? It was all the truth I needed to know in that case. I may be going a bit off topic though.

What seems certain to me is that if someone has heard from God that something is His will, it will surely come to pass if he prays for it. Those person is exercising the lawful dominion over the earth given to man, and Heaven will surely back him back. IF he gives a prophecy, it is more than a prediction -- a prediction is a guess the way fortune telling is a guess-- a real prophecy is more than a guess, God will make it happen.

It is possible, surely it is, that a prophet can hear something from God but not hear it completely clearly. He may be uncertain about what it means. He should not be saying, "Thus saith the Lord" in such cases.

A prophet may also tune in wrong messages if he's not careful. Those will lack the "certainty" that should be present when it's really the Spirit relaying a message. That kind of uncertainty can also be caused by a lack of spiritual alertness of the person.

Excellent!

I love posts that I can totally agree with "D

Reactions: Nancy and Giuliano

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gave them the power to get wealth. It doesn't say God made them wealthy. He gave them land, land that was very good -- so if they worked at it, they could become wealthy.

Yes! God gave Jesse power and wisdom to gain wealth and Jesse use it. PTL.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! God gave Jesse power and wisdom to gain wealth and Jesse use it. PTL.
How many jobs has he ever held where he did more than talk? One? Did Jesse ever farm land that God gave him? That would be real work.

Be cautious around people who want to give you words while you give them money: Lawyers, politicians, and ministers. "Hey, I'll talk and you give me thousands of dollars." What a deal! That was real hard work on their part. You can call it wisdom when Jesse gets money for his talk -- I'd call it cunning of the type seen in confidence men.

Confidence trick - Wikipedia

Confidence tricks exploit typical human characteristics such as greed, dishonesty, vanity, opportunism, lust, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, desperation, and naïvety. As such, there is no consistent profile of a confidence trick victim; the common factor is simply that the victim relies on the good faith of the con artist. Victims of investment scams tend to show an incautious level of greed and gullibility, and many con artists target the elderly, but even alert and educated people may be taken in by other forms of a confidence trick.[7] Researchers Huang and Orbach argue:[1]

Cons succeed for inducing judgment errors—chiefly, errors arising from imperfect information and cognitive biases. In popular culture and among professional con men, the human vulnerabilities that cons exploit are depicted as 'dishonesty,' 'greed,' and 'gullibility' of the marks. Dishonesty, often represented by the expression 'you can't cheat an honest man,' refers to the willingness of marks to participate in unlawful acts, such as rigged gambling and embezzlement. Greed, the desire to 'get something for nothing,' is a shorthand expression of marks' beliefs that too-good-to-be-true gains are realistic. Gullibility reflects beliefs that marks are 'suckers' and 'fools' for entering into costly voluntary exchanges. Judicial opinions occasionally echo these sentiments.

Accomplices, also known as shills, help manipulate the mark into accepting the perpetrator's plan. In a traditional confidence trick, the mark is led to believe that he will be able to win money or some other prize by doing some task. The accomplices may pretend to be strangers who have benefited from performing the task in the past.

Elderly people and people with cognitive problems have been targeted by con artists.

The Prosperity Gospel is a racket -- a con game. "Send me a hundred dollars and God will give you a thousand.: It's appealing to gullible people's greed. The only reason these people aren't in jail is they can get by claiming to be running churches.

Reactions: Rita and Candidus

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many jobs has he ever held where he did more than talk? One? Did Jesse ever farm land that God gave him? That would be real work.

Be cautious around people who want to give you words while you give them money: Lawyers, politicians, and ministers. "Hey, I'll talk and you give me thousands of dollars." What a deal! That was real hard work on their part. You can call it wisdom when Jesse gets money for his talk -- I'd call it cunning of the type seen in confidence men.

Confidence trick - Wikipedia

Confidence tricks exploit typical human characteristics such as greed, dishonesty, vanity, opportunism, lust, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, desperation, and naïvety. As such, there is no consistent profile of a confidence trick victim; the common factor is simply that the victim relies on the good faith of the con artist. Victims of investment scams tend to show an incautious level of greed and gullibility, and many con artists target the elderly, but even alert and educated people may be taken in by other forms of a confidence trick.[7] Researchers Huang and Orbach argue:[1]

Cons succeed for inducing judgment errors—chiefly, errors arising from imperfect information and cognitive biases. In popular culture and among professional con men, the human vulnerabilities that cons exploit are depicted as 'dishonesty,' 'greed,' and 'gullibility' of the marks. Dishonesty, often represented by the expression 'you can't cheat an honest man,' refers to the willingness of marks to participate in unlawful acts, such as rigged gambling and embezzlement. Greed, the desire to 'get something for nothing,' is a shorthand expression of marks' beliefs that too-good-to-be-true gains are realistic. Gullibility reflects beliefs that marks are 'suckers' and 'fools' for entering into costly voluntary exchanges. Judicial opinions occasionally echo these sentiments.

Accomplices, also known as shills, help manipulate the mark into accepting the perpetrator's plan. In a traditional confidence trick, the mark is led to believe that he will be able to win money or some other prize by doing some task. The accomplices may pretend to be strangers who have benefited from performing the task in the past.

Elderly people and people with cognitive problems have been targeted by con artists.

The Prosperity Gospel is a racket -- a con game. "Send me a hundred dollars and God will give you a thousand.: It's appealing to gullible people's greed. The only reason these people aren't in jail is they can get by claiming to be running churches.

Jesse got his first job at age 11 at a food store and his father said Jesse had to buy his own shoes, clothes and pay rent and Jesse later worked in the oil fields. And you at age 11?

Last edited:
Reactions: Josho

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that Ken Copeland and Jesse Duplantis are on the minds of some people here so lets all invite those people to pray for and ask God to bless, guide, protect brother Copeland and Jesse!! That is the "Christian" thing to do!! and you??

Reactions: Josho