I note that Brother Copeland and Jesse Duplantis is on the minds of some here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Did you know that most of the time when Kenneth Copeland travels to some ministry, and if they don't have a plane, he gives them his? He and his staff then either bus it home or commercial air."

A word of faith friend of mine was talking to one of KC's staff and he told her how many times that happened to them.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
long ago shown: Copeland False Gospel Teachings Exposed! Todd's ...
www.youtube.com › watch

Sep 26, 2019 - Todd White and Kenneth Copeland are charismatic word of faith false preachers who preach teach a false gospel and a false Jesus!

Kenneth Copeland false preacher with lavish lifestyle - YouTube
www.youtube.com › watch

May 27, 2019 - Kenneth Copeland false preacher with lavish lifestyle. Bread4Life ... FALSE TEACHERS EXPOSED: Word of Faith/Prosperity Gospel | Justin ...

Spiritual Shipwreck of the Word-Faith Movement (Justin Peters ...
www.youtube.com › watch

Kenneth Copeland Exposed | False Teacher | Heretic. 5:11 Ministries ... Justin Peters EXPOSES Word Faith/Prosperity Preachers EXPOSING CHARLATANS.

KENNETH & GLORIA COPELAND - FALSE TEACHER | SO4J ...
so4j.com › kenneth-copeland-gloria-copeland-false-teacher

FALSE TEACHERS LIST & FALSE PROPHETS EXPOSED - Exposing the False Teachings of the "Word of Faith" Prosperity Gospel & those who Preach a: Worldly ...

A word of faith friend of mine was talking to one of KC's staff and he told her how many times that happened to them.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like something more concrete than that since it doesn't make sense to me. I think you probably also missed the question in that post: "If I drive to visit you, would I lend you my car so you could get home?"

If Copeland was visiting another ministry and flew there, why would they need a plane? They're already home.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So I got a question for you guys, Abraham, David, Joseph, Solomon, Job, were all blessed with an overflowing abundance, so why are Christians not allowed to be blessed like that today?

And large ministries have large running costs, do any of you know how much they cost to run?

And what is wrong with the word of faith? I do not see anything wrong with the word of faith, after all it's Biblical. It does after all say Ask and you shall receive, it does say your faith has made you well, etc, etc.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I got a question for you guys, Abraham, David, Joseph, Solomon, Job, were all blessed with an overflowing abundance, so why are Christians not allowed to be blessed like that today?
Christians are, Ekklesia don't even try. It is from the heart that desires of sin come. And idolatry. And greed.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did any of those people ever tell someone, "Give me money, and God will make sure you get more money back yourself?"

How did those people use their wealth? It is a very good thing to be rich if you aren't in love with money. You can do a lot of good with a lot of money.

As for Job? I subscribe to a Jewish teaching that he did not use his wealth correctly at first. I base that on:

Job 1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

"Increased" in that sentence is ambiguous. It can be read to mean Job had so much livestock, they were "breaking out". Nor was all happiness and lightness with Job. He was miserable. He was so concerned about his children -- and not enough about people who were not related to him. He could easily have shared his wealth with some of his poorer neighbors but chose to keep so many that he couldn't control them.

So there he was, all bothered about his children. Worried that they might have sinned, and sacrificing for them, just in case. Did it work? Did Job's prayers and sacrifices for his children work? No. They were all killed.

There is more to be said about Job's children too. Did you ever notice they didn't visit him?

job 1:3 His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east.
4 And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.
5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

Why did they feast at each other's houses and not visit Job?

Job acquired love and wisdom. In the end, we see him being told to sacrifice for his three Gentile friends , and his prayers and sacrifices were acceptable. I think Job learned to stop being partial. He learned the value of loving everyone.

Copeland, like some other ministers, seems to show favoritism to his children. Is someone really the best person for a job just because you're related by blood? Then too there's the matter of his three marriages.
And large ministries have large running costs, do any of you know how much they cost to run?
Running costs aren't the question. The question is how much wealth does a person need to amass as his personal fortune? How many planes you do need? How many homes?

And what is wrong with the word of faith? I do not see anything wrong with the word of faith, after all it's Biblical. It does after all say Ask and you shall receive, it does say your faith has made you well, etc, etc.
Context? What should we ask for?

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

What should we treasure? Money and earthly things?

Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josho

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't read the book with understanding then.

“I made a covenant with my eyes
not to look lustfully at a young woman.
2 For what is our lot from God above,
our heritage from the Almighty on high?
3 Is it not ruin for the wicked,
disaster for those who do wrong?
4 Does he not see my ways
and count my every step?

5 “If I have walked with falsehood
or my foot has hurried after deceit—
6 let God weigh me in honest scales
and he will know that I am blameless—
7 if my steps have turned from the path,
if my heart has been led by my eyes,
or if my hands have been defiled,
8 then may others eat what I have sown,
and may my crops be uprooted.

9 “If my heart has been enticed by a woman,
or if I have lurked at my neighbor’s door,
10 then may my wife grind another man’s grain,
and may other men sleep with her.
11 For that would have been wicked,
a sin to be judged.
12 It is a fire that burns to Destructiona]">[a];
it would have uprooted my harvest.

13 “If I have denied justice to any of my servants,
whether male or female,
when they had a grievance against me,
14 what will I do when God confronts me?
What will I answer when called to account?
15 Did not he who made me in the womb make them?
Did not the same one form us both within our mothers?

16 “If I have denied the desires of the poor
or let the eyes of the widow grow weary,
17 if I have kept my bread to myself,
not sharing it with the fatherless—
18 but from my youth I reared them as a father would,
and from my birth I guided the widow—
19 if I have seen anyone perishing for lack of clothing,
or the needy without garments,
20 and their hearts did not bless me
for warming them with the fleece from my sheep,
21 if I have raised my hand against the fatherless,
knowing that I had influence in court,
22 then let my arm fall from the shoulder,
let it be broken off at the joint.
23 For I dreaded destruction from God,
and for fear of his splendor I could not do such things.

24 “If I have put my trust in gold
or said to pure gold, ‘You are my security,’
25 if I have rejoiced over my great wealth,
the fortune my hands had gained,
26 if I have regarded the sun in its radiance
or the moon moving in splendor,
27 so that my heart was secretly enticed
and my hand offered them a kiss of homage,
28 then these also would be sins to be judged,
for I would have been unfaithful to God on high.

29 “If I have rejoiced at my enemy’s misfortune
or gloated over the trouble that came to him—
30 I have not allowed my mouth to sin
by invoking a curse against their life—
31 if those of my household have never said,
‘Who has not been filled with Job’s meat?’—
32 but no stranger had to spend the night in the street,
for my door was always open to the traveler—
33 if I have concealed my sin as people do,b]">[b]
by hiding my guilt in my heart
34 because I so feared the crowd
and so dreaded the contempt of the clans
that I kept silent and would not go outside—

35 (“Oh, that I had someone to hear me!
I sign now my defense—let the Almighty answer me;
let my accuser put his indictment in writing.
36 Surely I would wear it on my shoulder,
I would put it on like a crown.
37 I would give him an account of my every step;
I would present it to him as to a ruler.)—

38 “if my land cries out against me
and all its furrows are wet with tears,
39 if I have devoured its yield without payment
or broken the spirit of its tenants,
40 then let briers come up instead of wheat
and stinkweed instead of barley.”

The words of Job are ended.
Job 1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

"Increased" in that sentence is ambiguous. It can be read to mean Job had so much livestock, they were "breaking out". Nor was all happiness and lightness with Job. He was miserable. He was so concerned about his children -- and not enough about people who were not related to him. He could easily have shared his wealth with some of his poorer neighbors but chose to keep so many that he couldn't control them.

So there he was, all bothered about his children. Worried that they might have sinned, and sacrificing for them, just in case. Did it work? Did Job's prayers and sacrifices for his children work? No. They were all killed.

There is more to be said about Job's children too. Did you ever notice they didn't visit him?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says one of the few things God says He hates is a false witness against His people====and your proof is??? Your proof is???The cost of mocking, scoffing, attacking a member of God's family is far more than you will want to pay. THINK!!

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says one of the few things God says He hates is a false witness against His people====and your proof is???
Look online at the verbatim (if available) reports from the false gospel preacher you seem unknowing about (hopefully not only unwittingly, but also unwittingly bearing false witness, as if you had any right to) .

i.e. he is , in Jesus' Words, ANATHEMA! CURSED. and those who bring the false gospel because of him also. again in Jesus' Words "whoever brings a false gospel is ANATHEMA! CURSED!

and the false gospel was seen on television from the false teacher, in person, in his own words.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be enough, though, yes.
Hi Joseph,
Are you talking abut that video where Kenneth is with a group of all the faiths? Where it starts out with a priest saying "We're all Catholic. There were also Muslims, Hindus as well as other faiths there. It screamed ecumenism. I did not see the whole vid but, I saw enough.

Reactions: Nancy

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Giuliano

I do not agree with everything Copeland and Duplantis does, they do have their strengths though, but pride is a major weakness I have noticed on many tele-evangelists, megachurch preachers, even a lot of other Christians, some more than others, and I would even humbly admit I may have been even guilty of pride a few times, and sorry if I have shown that at times on these forums, but I was never a popular guy, a lot of them only do hang around those with "big names" and that doesn't always sit well with small town folk.

It's unfortunate that there is so much pride in this earth at the moment. I will mention though, I do not desire to be as rich as Copeland, Duplantis or even Trump and would be happy with the basics of life.

Hehe it may even be worth putting a thread up on how may we humble ourselves. :p

Will discuss the other stuff with you later.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
long ago shown: Copeland False Gospel Teachings Exposed! Todd's ...
www.youtube.com › watch

Sep 26, 2019 - Todd White and Kenneth Copeland are charismatic word of faith false preachers who preach teach a false gospel and a false Jesus!

Kenneth Copeland false preacher with lavish lifestyle - YouTube
www.youtube.com › watch

May 27, 2019 - Kenneth Copeland false preacher with lavish lifestyle. Bread4Life ... FALSE TEACHERS EXPOSED: Word of Faith/Prosperity Gospel | Justin ...

Spiritual Shipwreck of the Word-Faith Movement (Justin Peters ...
www.youtube.com › watch

Kenneth Copeland Exposed | False Teacher | Heretic. 5:11 Ministries ... Justin Peters EXPOSES Word Faith/Prosperity Preachers EXPOSING CHARLATANS.

KENNETH & GLORIA COPELAND - FALSE TEACHER | SO4J ...
so4j.com › kenneth-copeland-gloria-copeland-false-teacher

FALSE TEACHERS LIST & FALSE PROPHETS EXPOSED - Exposing the False Teachings of the "Word of Faith" Prosperity Gospel & those who Preach a: Worldly ...

I've never heard of Justin Peters, he is right on, as this is exactly what I experienced when I first believed, my first Church. My own spirit was so not at all getting anything but the willies, I even faked it for a short while and finally left about a year in to go to an Assemblies of God Church, what a difference! I would have never even gone back to the first church were it not that I had several family members and friends who went there. J. Peters just showed what could have been the exact replica of that church. I am just glad that God knows our hearts

Reactions: Joseph77

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And i will also say that I am a non-denominational charismatic Christian, so I might have some different views about the word of faith.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE=
"Nancy, post: 726990, member: 7830"]I've never heard of Justin Peters, he is right on, as this is exactly what I experienced when I first believed, my first Church. My own spirit was so not at all getting anything but the willies, I even faked it for a short while and finally left about a year in to go to an Assemblies of God Church, what a difference! I would have never even gone back to the first church were it not that I had several family members and friends who went there. J. Peters just showed what could have been the exact replica of that church. I am just glad that God knows our hearts
[/QUOTE
================================================
God's Word does not hesitate to speak against those such , and is very clear:

Mat 23:15

'Wo to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye go round the sea and the dry land to make one proselyte, and whenever it may happen -- ye make him a son of gehenna twofold more than yourselves.

Mat 23:33

'Serpents! brood of vipers! how may ye escape from the judgment of the gehenna?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Giuliano

I do not agree with everything Copeland and Duplantis does, they do have their strengths though, but pride is a major weakness I have noticed on many tele-evangelists, megachurch preachers, even a lot of other Christians, some more than others, and I would even humbly admit I may have been even guilty of pride a few times, and sorry if I have shown that at times on these forums, but I was never a popular guy, a lot of them only do hang around those with "big names" and that doesn't always sit well with small town folk.

It's unfortunate that there is so much pride in this earth at the moment. I will mention though, I do not desire to be as rich as Copeland, Duplantis or even Trump and would be happy with the basics of life.

Hehe it may even be worth putting a thread up on how may we humble ourselves. :p

Will discuss the other stuff with you later.
My major concern with the "prosperity" preachers is how they take money from the elderly and poor.
And i will also say that I am a non-denominational charismatic Christian, so I might have some different views about the word of faith.
Let me put it this way. If God wants to heal someone using one of His servants, money doesn't need to be involved.

Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Reactions: Nancy and Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
GOOD!

Point that out, and that they bring a false gospel and cause millions of souls to be deceived....

Whether what they preach is true or not, they have led millions to Jesus through the salvation prayer.

Will respond more later though, as I have got stuff to do.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Study Guide for Galatians 1 by David Guzik

"There are some who trouble you: Those who brought this other gospel to the Galatians brought them trouble. They didn’t advertise their message as trouble, but that is what it was.

i. Some who trouble you means that someone brought this false gospel to the Galatians. False gospels don’t just happen. People bring them, and the people who bring them may be sincere and have a lot of charisma.

ii. “Note the resourcefulness of the devil. Heretics do not advertise their errors. Murderers, adulterers, thieves disguise themselves. So the devil masquerades all these devices and activities. He puts on white to make himself look like an angel of light.” (Martin Luther)

d. To pervert the gospel of Christ: The other gospel was really a perversion or a distortion of the true gospel of Jesus Christ. It didn’t start from nothing and make up a new name for God and pretending to have a new Savior. It used the names and ideas familiar to the Galatian Christians, but it slightly twisted the ideas to make their message all the more deceptive.

i. The gospel of Christ: Notice that Paul was really not contending for the gospel of Paul, though it was his gospel also. Paul’s gospel was only worth defending and fighting for because it was in fact the gospel of Christ Jesus.

e. Want to pervert the gospel of Christ: Paul plainly wrote that these people want to distort the good news of Jesus. It is sometimes hard for us to understand why someone would want to pervert the gospel of Christ.

i. There is something about the message of the true gospel that is deeply offensive to human nature. To understand this, we should first understand what the true gospel is. Paul stated his gospel most succinctly in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. The message of the gospel is what Jesus did on the cross for us as revealed by the Scriptures and proven by the resurrection.

ii. When we understand how offensive the true gospel is to human nature, we better understand why someone would want to pervert it.

· The gospel offends our pride. It tells us we need a savior, and that we cannot save ourselves. It gives no credit to us at all for our salvation; it is all the work of Jesus for us.
· The gospel offends our wisdom. It saves us by something many consider foolish – God becoming man and dying a humiliating, disgraceful death on our behalf.
· Third, the gospel offends our knowledge. It tells us to believe something which goes against scientific knowledge and personal experience – that a dead man, Jesus Christ, rose from the dead in a glorious new body that would never die again.

3. (Gal 1:8-9) A solemn curse upon those who bring a false gospel.

But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

a. But even if we, or an angel from heaven: Paul didn’t care who brought the false gospel. Even if it were himself, or an angel from heaven, it was to be rejected. Any person who spreads a false gospel was worthy only of a particular curse from God (let him be accursed)."

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like something more concrete than that since it doesn't make sense to me. I think you probably also missed the question in that post: "If I drive to visit you, would I lend you my car so you could get home?"

If Copeland was visiting another ministry and flew there, why would they need a plane? They're already home.

KC would fly his plane with his staff, across the country to hold a crusade sponsored by a church there. If that ministry sponsoring the event didn't have a plane and needed one for their own ministry, KC would give them theirs, leaving themselves stranded. They would all have to find their way back home by other means.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josho and GISMYS_7