I really saw the Holy Spirit or holy Ghost with my own eyes. What does that mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In car I really saw the Holy Spirit or holy Ghost with yellow light with my own eyes.

It sounds like our Lord Jesus Christ is giving you eye to see!!! And I am happy for you. And even for us people, because we need people with ears t hear and eye to see. Still, it also sounds like you are beginning a greater walk with the Lord. There is a lot to learn from Him. Indeed the learning is going continue on and on and on.

So what about getting ears to hear, to go with the eyes that are starting to see?

After all, you asked us people about what you saw, what about asking Jesus Christ about it and let us know what He had to say to you?

When I have seen the Holy Spirit, and even angels, that is what I do. I turn to the Teacher, Jesus Christ, and start talking to Him about it. In fact it is for that reason that the Lord of lords and King of kings, send His Holy Spirit to us. It is so we will start a relationship with Him via His Holy Spirit.

Jn 16: 7-9 “But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. “And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;

Now from what I read in this thread, the above verses seem to apply - Which is to say that Jesus Christ has sent the Helper (His Holy Spirit of God) to convict you concerning sin. That how He makes Christians, so the Christian who concern me are ones that don't have your testimony. But you have that testimony of the Holy Spirit!!

Yet there is sooo much more for you, and you should be looking forward to it. It is a personal relationship with Him, that He has for you. That happens via the Holy Spirit bringing you the words of God that belong to Jesus Christ!

Jn 16: 13-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

So Jesus Christ sends the Holy Spirit, which you have seen has been sent to you. And He, the Holy Spirit will speak! What the Holy Spirit speaks are the words of God which have been given to the Son of God, Jesus Christ, by His Father. That is why I asked about getting to those ears (spiritual ears) that He has also given you and by which you also hear from the Holy Spirit.

And know this - God is omni-present and so the Word of God is always near you!! You find the Word of God we preach in your heart and sometimes even coming out your mouth, because what is in you heart tends to come out your mouth. AFTER ALL - IT WAS YOU WHO WROTE,:

I'm not lying I saw the Holy Spirit as a golden dove

Who indeed put that statement in your spirit? It doesn't sound like the lair to me. The lair, that snake in the beginning, like to say things like, "Did God really say." You are going to, and have, run into those with a spirit saying something like, 'Did God really..' That is a spirit of doubt - that snake that was in the garden from long ago.

And by the way - you do have a heavenly Father! And from what I read it seems like He really loves you.

God Bless

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 26670 I created that painting, the Holy Spirit appeared to me in this form.. The Holy Spirit had something to say to me. I don't know., what do you think ?
John 16:13
King James Version

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Or

The presence of the Holy Spirit opens you up to see the truth, the deeper meaning hidden in the world. In this Gospel, Jesus calls the Holy Spirit “the spirit of truth” (Jn 14:17)
Siddhi, thank you for drawing this picture . We have a saying in English, "One picture is worth one thousand words." I find it helpful in understanding what you saw.

It sounds like our Lord Jesus Christ is giving you eye to see!!! And I am happy for you.

Indeed He is! And I am happy for you too, Siddhi! (If a bit envious.) :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
okays.What will happen to me with baptism? I am a weight. Will anyone lift me?

The sacraments of the church tell about the spiritual matter.
Water baptism speaks of the true baptism of the Holy Spirit.
The sacrament of marriage speaks of the joining together of you and Christ.
Circumcision speaks of God cutting your hard heart and removing the hardness of it so it is tender toward Him.

You are not harmed if you participate in any of the sacraments of the church but neither are you harmed if you don’t. It is the spirit of the matter that avails you. If you never get married on earth and have that sacrament in the church, are you harmed? No. In fact, Paul said it is good if you marry and even better if you don’t. So it is the same with all the sacraments of the church. They are like beautiful pictures OF what God does inside of us. They are outward rituals that speak of what God does in us.
By the way, it’s nice to run across you again in here, sister.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sacraments of the church tell about the spiritual matter.
Water baptism speaks of the true baptism of the Holy Spirit.
The sacrament of marriage speaks of the joining together of you and Christ.
Circumcision speaks of God cutting your hard heart and removing the hardness of it so it is tender toward Him.

You are not harmed if you participate in any of the sacraments of the church but neither are you harmed if you don’t. It is the spirit of the matter that avails you. If you never get married on earth and have that sacrament in the church, are you harmed? No. In fact, Paul said it is good if you marry and even better if you don’t. So it is the same with all the sacraments of the church. They are like beautiful pictures OF what God does inside of us. They are outward rituals that speak of what God does in us.
By the way, it’s nice to run across you again in here, sister.

Acts of the Apostles 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

Baptism is part of the ordinances of salvation. It is a requirement that Christians be baptized.

"Lutherans, Anglicans, Presbyterians, and Congregationalists baptize by sprinkling or pouring, while Baptists and many non-denominational Christians teach that immersion is the only valid form of baptism." Sprinkling, Pouring, or Immersion? Mode of Baptism at Harvest - Harvest Community Church (PCA)

Teaching that baptism isn't necessary is following a very small group of people. The vast majority of Christianity requires baptism. Baptism was so important that John the baptist baptized Jesus the Christ to fulfill all righteousness. Matthew 3:13-17

"Nearly every religious body associated with Christianity administers baptism in some fashion. Some believe it is an act of obedience that symbolizes a believer’s faith in Christ and death to sin. Others believe that baptism is simply the means by which a believer becomes a member of the church body. But the congregations associated with the Church of Christ are known for their insistence that baptism is an essential part of salvation. On what is this belief based?" THE WHY SERIES - WHY DOES THE CHURCH OF CHRIST BELIEVE THAT BAPTISM IS ESSENTIAL TO SALVATION? - Buford Church of Christ

Even those that received the Holy Ghost before baptism are commanded to be baptized. Acts of the Apostles 10:44-48

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts of the Apostles 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

Baptism is part of the ordinances of salvation. It is a requirement that Christians be baptized.

"Lutherans, Anglicans, Presbyterians, and Congregationalists baptize by sprinkling or pouring, while Baptists and many non-denominational Christians teach that immersion is the only valid form of baptism." Sprinkling, Pouring, or Immersion? Mode of Baptism at Harvest - Harvest Community Church (PCA)

I'm not sure what you're trying to teach here but it doesn't appear to follow any church I am aware of. Baptism was so important that John the baptist baptized Jesus the Christ to fulfill all righteousness. Matthew 3:13-17

"Nearly every religious body associated with Christianity administers baptism in some fashion. Some believe it is an act of obedience that symbolizes a believer’s faith in Christ and death to sin. Others believe that baptism is simply the means by which a believer becomes a member of the church body. But the congregations associated with the Church of Christ are known for their insistence that baptism is an essential part of salvation. On what is this belief based?" THE WHY SERIES - WHY DOES THE CHURCH OF CHRIST BELIEVE THAT BAPTISM IS ESSENTIAL TO SALVATION? - Buford Church of Christ

Well then, you will have to explain me. I received the Holy Spirit while driving in my car. I’ve never been water baptized yet I have received the down payment of the Holy Spirit by Gods doing and not based on anything a man did with water.
Are you willing to say God gave me His Spirit but I have not been “saved” because I have not been dunked in water? He has made me die to the world and the world to me. He has increased and grown my trust. He has led me, comforted me, given me joy and sometimes tears, given me the gift of trials and sufferings to teach me the obedience of trust. You are willing to say God has not saved me because it involved no man and no ritual?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then, you will have to explain me. I received the Holy Spirit while driving in my car. I’ve never been water baptized yet I have received the down payment of the Holy Spirit by Gods doing and not based on anything a man did with water.
Are you willing to say God gave me His Spirit but I have not been “saved” because I have not been dunked in water? He has made me die to the world and the world to me. He has increased and grown my trust. He has led me, comforted me, given me joy and sometimes tears, given me the gift of trials and sufferings to teach me the obedience of trust. You are willing to say God has not saved me because it involved no man and no ritual?
Even those that received the Holy Spirit before baptism are commanded to be baptized. Acts of the Apostles 10:44-48. It is an act of faith and obedience to God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Poppycock, devin. Did the thief on the cross receive a water baptism? You are willing to say I have been given the Holy Spirit yet am not saved and do not belong to God, are you also willing to announce that the thief on the cross was not saved through his trust?

Reactions: Helen

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Poppycock, devin. Did the thief on the cross receive a water baptism? You are willing to say I have been given the Holy Spirit yet am not saved and do not belong to God, are you also willing to announce that the thief on the cross was not saved through his trust?
You're assuming a lot in that statement about me and my beliefs. I didn't say you were saved or not, I leave that up to God and always have. God is the only one that can save people.

And John the Baptist will be honored by me and I will encourage everyone to be baptized. Which even Christ was baptized. And the Apostles of Jesus directed everyone to be baptized. I follow the scriptures and God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John baptized with water. Someone greater than John baptizes with the Holy Spirit. And if you receive His Spirit you belong to Him. If you do not receive His Spirit you do not belong to Him, even IF a man pours water on you.

Reactions: Helen

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sacraments are just outward and visible signs of an inward reality. Says so right here in the catechism.

Siddhi, if the Holy Spirit moves you to get baptized, get baptized. If not, don’t worry about it.

This man has spoken well. Siddhi, if God sets you free, you are free. Don’t let any man put a yoke on you again that would be hard for you to bear given your physical situation. The kingdom of heaven is IN you, not food or drink or outward ordinances or ceremonial rituals or ceremonial cleansings. Yes, Jesus was water baptized, but not for remission of sins, because He was sinless. And when Paul and Silas were asked by their jailer, Sirs, what must I do to be saved, their answer was: “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved-“ They didn’t include, and you must be baptized in water.
We follow the new and lifegiving way of the Spirit in us now. We run a race to trust Him more and more even when we are in hard and difficult circumstances. You do not need legs that work to run that good race of trust. And we do not choose our difficulties and temporary burdens. And sometimes we are a good witness for God to other people because of our trust, hope and our joy despite hard circumstances.

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Baptism is an outward sign of an inner conviction, it is not for us, but for others to show that we are committed to the church, that we are a part of the body. It is something my church used as a sign of membership in the church itself... You become a voting member of the church when Baptized. If you are not part of a local body baptism will seem unnecessary, but if you are it is essential. Baptism comes after salvation which is why I am a Baptist, immersion is preferable, but sprinkling is ok if immersion is not an option, the point is that we die to this world and are raised again in God's kingdom... Which is why immersion is preferable.

I Myself was baptized by sprinkling as a child into the Lutheran church, and baptized as a teenager into the Baptist church. I Am now not currently the member of any church, nor do i vote in the matters of any church, but if they were to require me to be baptized into a church i wanted to be a member of I would do so.

Sounds like you are taking up your cross daily, but are not a member of any church in particular therefore you do not see the immediate need for baptism.... The Holy Ghost will convict you when the time comes to be baptized, no man can argue you into it, or begrudge you for not doing so...