I want to move.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came here thinking I would do better and I have a decent job, but I have family stuff and for some reason people in this town are really gossiping, a lot.

I haven't spoken to anyone but everyone is speaking about me and my kids, and it's going to cause me some trouble, and I want them to back off all of the way or I want to leave this state immediately.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came here thinking I would do better and I have a decent job, but I have family stuff and for some reason people in this town are really gossiping, a lot.

I haven't spoken to anyone but everyone is speaking about me and my kids, and it's going to cause me some trouble, and I want them to back off all of the way or I want to leave this state immediately.
that is reallly strange when people gossip because i see no reason to.
im sorry this is happening. :(

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

lol...welcome to small communities .......all over the world.
A geographical won't change anything fluff fluff. Out do them by living in a way which proves the gossip wrong otherwise you'll get sucked into their crazy vortex :)

I try to imagine what it was like for Jesus' mother when she fell pregnant with Jesus......small town....who's the father? ...and yeahhhh, sure an angel spoke to you and God made you pregnant!

Chin up, up up up :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sadly, it may be best to make a life for you and your children with safe distance from any toxic family. Praying for you!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People do talk, don’t they?

You might have to do that “Turn the other cheek” thing Jesus talked about. Don’t worry; the gossip will die down after awhile (especially if you don’t give them anything more juicy to talk about.)

(Edit: Since this was a prayer request, should I pray God give you patience, forbearance, and the ability to forgive?)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Edit: Since this was a prayer request, should I pray God give you patience, forbearance, and the ability to forgive?)
YES.

lol

Thank you. I am trying to calm down but I'm frustrated. I'm looking towards Missouri like @TLHKAJ suggested before because I wanted to go to Kansas, but for some reason I can't this is image out of my head of like almost the Wizard of Oz and just picturing this big empty field and tumbleweed, and absolutely no work available.

Like I see the image of what would go on the front of a carton of butter around here, too. Just an empty green field and a milk thing in the background but like, that's it.

But I don't really want to go somewhere where I don't know anyone and I'm still stressed out because I'd rather be stay at home mom.

But I think part of the reason they're talking about me so much is because I'm single mom, and I noticed some of these grandmothers been eyeballing me and talking sneaky to me like they been searching for fresh bride meat for their grandson's or something, and the other side just nosey.

Plus, here, I got an accent and it's cool.

Kinda.

...Ya know, somewhat.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ah Fluffy, other "married" women are often insecure about their marriage relationship with their husbands and are afraid that their husbands will leave them. So they intentionally gossip about the single mum with children and begin a prayer group where they pray that God will find a husband for that single mum from outside of their friends and community.

Sadly I attended a church where the women began to pray for a husband for a young pretty widow with small children and the result sadly was to her detriment in that she married an outsider and soon left that church/community. What her circumstances are now, I have no idea. She cut herself off from the people within that church who she thought were her friends. All anyone could pray for her was that God had included her in those who He was intentionally calling to Himself and to trust that God would fulfil His promise that anyone who God was drawing to Himself He would not lose.

With regards to God getting you to start rubbing shoulders with your parents, siblings and relations, either uncles, aunts and cousins, it may be for your healing or for the healing of the family members, close or distant, or both for yours and their healings.

Fluffy, start laying out your perceived problems for God to see asking Him as to how you should be approaching any resolutions that are necessary to bring harmony back into the family and friends. God may be requiring you to forgive the people who you have rubbed shoulders with during your life time who have offended you in some way and for you to privately tell those people that you have forgiven them for their wrongs against you. God may also require you to go and tell those who you have offended how sorry you are for causing them distress and that your prayer is that they will find it in their hearts to forgive you from your trespasses against them.

Remember that rebuilding broken bridges between yourself and others is a slow and often painful activity that we all should embark upon.

In the Lord's prayer it tells us that God will forgive our trespasses against Him as we first forgive people's trespasses against us.

May the Lord give you the courage needed to embark upon this journey of restoration within your life and with the people with whom you have rubbed shoulders with.

Shalom

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying for you. You have a good job and that is important. I moved to California and had a good job then moved and well the good job I didn't get again till several jobs later. They are hard to come by.

I know you tend to withdrawal and avoid it would seem. Perhaps you should stay where you have monetary security. Which is where you are at perhaps.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you. You have a good job and that is important. I moved to California and had a good job then moved and well the good job I didn't get again till several jobs later. They are hard to come by.

I know you tend to withdrawal and avoid it would seem. Perhaps you should stay where you have monetary security. Which is where you are at perhaps.
You might be right. It might be a good idea to just stay and go through it. I was really concerned about financial stuff, but I found out yesterday God is doing more than what I asked for so I don't feel like I need to worry *as much* as long as they just give me the keys to the apartment I'll be okay. lol

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might be right. It might be a good idea to just stay and go through it. I was really concerned about financial stuff, but I found out yesterday God is doing more than what I asked for so I don't feel like I need to worry *as much* as long as they just give me the keys to the apartment I'll be okay. lol
Praying God gives you time and place to thrive. I think that's what he wants for us.