Prayer For New Job, Please.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I applied for a position with the state in the revenue department. It will be a pay cut, but the money I save in gas and health insurance will make up for most of it. When my fiance and I get married the health insurance will be free since she also works for the state.

The job I am at now is stealing time from my kids. I get to basically see them for about 8-9 hours on a Sunday and much of that is while I am doing things that need to be done, ie: chores. There's no real quality time. I also do not know what my schedule is and it changes constantly with nothing set in stone.

The job with the state will give me a normal schedule, 9-5 with my weekends free. It will also give me all the usual holidays off and paid.

This job will be all around better and less stressful too. Not talking stress from the job, all jobs have stress. I'm talking about stressing about missing time with my kids and not knowing what my schedule will be. I took my stress out on my kids yesterday as it had gotten to be too much for me to handle. Nothing physical, but I did yell at them and tell them that I don't want them here anymore. I did speak with them later and apologized and said that I did not mean it and I love them and want them to come to the apartment.

Please pray that I get this job with the state.

Thank you!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I applied for a position with the state in the revenue department. It will be a pay cut, but the money I save in gas and health insurance will make up for most of it. When my fiance and I get married the health insurance will be free since she also works for the state.

The job I am at now is stealing time from my kids. I get to basically see them for about 8-9 hours on a Sunday and much of that is while I am doing things that need to be done, ie: chores. There's no real quality time. I also do not know what my schedule is and it changes constantly with nothing set in stone.

The job with the state will give me a normal schedule, 9-5 with my weekends free. It will also give me all the usual holidays off and paid.

This job will be all around better and less stressful too. Not talking stress from the job, all jobs have stress. I'm talking about stressing about missing time with my kids and not knowing what my schedule will be. I took my stress out on my kids yesterday as it had gotten to be too much for me to handle. Nothing physical, but I did yell at them and tell them that I don't want them here anymore. I did speak with them later and apologized and said that I did not mean it and I love them and want them to come to the apartment.

Thank you!
Praying.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shoot yeah, a better schedule like school (mon-fri) is much easier to maintain, hope you get a call or something perhaps sometime this week, all the best and give glory to the one whom gives us life, all the best @Naomanos

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you!
Done!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, an update.

I called to interview the next day after the skills verification test. I think I had aced the test. I also think I did well in the interview as I got the call last Wednesday to do fingerprinting for a background check and a conditional job offer pending that background check.

I still haven't heard anything yet. Getting anxious as I know my background is clean. I also want out of the job I'm in as it is getting more and more toxic.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, an update.

I called to interview the next day after the skills verification test. I think I had aced the test. I also think I did well in the interview as I got the call last Wednesday to do fingerprinting for a background check and a conditional job offer pending that background check.

I still haven't heard anything yet. Getting anxious as I know my background is clean. I also want out of the job I'm in as it is getting more and more toxic.

Just as an FYI.
Government hiring is extremely slow...to the point of ridiculousness. Just roll with it.

Secondly....
The way you mentioned "quality time" with your kids.
I understand what you intended versus said as "fun time".
ANY AND ALL time with your children is precious. You are too young to really grasp this concept yet. Working on household chores together (even if independently) is just as important as recreation time together...if not moreso.
Apologies are important but so is "modeling" behaviors and attitudes in front of your children. They will emulate you in the future and you do NOT get to pick which attitudes and behaviors they will copy as their very own. They will pick from both your good and bad behaviors alike. Some will horrify you...others will make your chest swell with pride.

Then one day they will want to leave home and only remember every mistake they think you made (both real and imagined) and only seem to remember your password to an internet streaming account.

These are the facts of life....
Enjoy the kids...you never get to go back to today for a "do-over "

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are too young to really grasp this concept yet.

Thank you for the reply.

Just how old do you think I am? I may not be older than you, but I fully understand the concept of all time is precious with children. Right now I just don't have enough of it because of my work schedule and when I get them. Their mom has started to raise a stink about it since I am at work when I have them instead of being home and spending time with them.

This new job will alleviate those issues.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also want out of the job I'm in as it is getting more and more toxic.
I don't want to discourage you, but God may have you in that job for a purpose.
Too often we pray for God to CHANGE our circumstances instead of CHANGING us.

• Love
Reactions: JohnDB

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want to discourage you, but God may have you in that job for a purpose.
Too often we pray for God to CHANGE our circumstances instead of CHANGING us.

That is not how I see it. He has opened the door for this other job and I mean to go through it.

This job served its purpose for a time and that time has passed.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply.

Just how old do you think I am? I may not be older than you, but I fully understand the concept of all time is precious with children. Right now I just don't have enough of it because of my work schedule and when I get them. Their mom has started to raise a stink about it since I am at work when I have them instead of being home and spending time with them.

This new job will alleviate those issues.
Apprehension and comprehension look, smell, and seem identical but they aren't.

And that's why I am saying what I'm saying.

I completely understand that you apprehend the issue of time with your children. But you still missed the important parts of what I said and acted as if I'm accusing you of being a bad parent or something. (I was not...just a normal, decent parent was my only accusation)

What I offered was an opportunity to "up your game" if you will. An opportunity to learn something about parenting that came the hard way to me...something you can learn from if you wanted to.

Reactions: goforit/leap

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apprehension and comprehension look, smell, and seem identical but they aren't.

And that's why I am saying what I'm saying.

I completely understand that you apprehend the issue of time with your children. But you still missed the important parts of what I said and acted as if I'm accusing you of being a bad parent or something. (I was not...just a normal, decent parent was my only accusation)

What I offered was an opportunity to "up your game" if you will. An opportunity to learn something about parenting that came the hard way to me...something you can learn from if you wanted to.

No worries.

I got the job. They just called.