I wonder where this might lead...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to read Tarot cards. I was very good at it too. I had what some call "an elemental" who knew lots of things; and he could find out many things if he didn't already know. I was not possessed. I knew what was going on. At one point, I was "tempted" to move to California to "cash in." I probably could have led a cult. I didn't want to do that; but I can see why many people would have. To the pure all things are pure. I gave up reading them when I realized people wanted to have their fortunes told. They wanted me to tell them what to do. I was horrified that they wanted to give up free will and listen to me. When I stopped, the elemental left.

When I returned to Christianity, the story of Jesus' temptation made sense to me. I think that was Satan showing up, trying to see if he could get me to use my abilities in bad ways. I never charged anyone for the readings and I'm glad I never did. I could have been signing myself over to the Dark Side for money. Even when I was not a Christian, I knew I didn't want to do that.

I'm glad to hear that you returned to Christianity, but I'm also alarmed by what you're saying here! Do you think that the occult is evil only if money is involved? It sounds like you did sign yourself over to evil in a way by practicing that which is evil. I'm familiar with the scripture "To the pure all things are pure," but evil is never pure, not in a good sense.

How are you using the term "elemental"? It sounds like a demon. You say that you were never possessed, but you also said that the "elemental" left. How do you know that you were not possessed? I'm curious if you were ever a practicing Wiccan.

I knew a woman who was into the occult before she got saved. She knew things about people that no one had told her. This is the devil's counterfeit for the "word of knowledge" listed as one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit in 1 Corinthians 12. So, you knew things about people by an unholy spirit, and how do you know if this evil spirit is not still affecting you (even if you don't have this "special knowledge" anymore)?

Have you talked to a pastor who is familiar with the occult? I would advise you to do this.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see history as consisting of days with nights and days. The Heavenly Light never goes completely out, but the world falls into spiritual slumber. I read this passage to contain some doctrine about the spiritual condition of Israel at the time:

1 Samuel 3:1 And the child Samuel ministered unto the Lord before Eli. And the word of the Lord was precious in those days; there was no open vision.
2 And it came to pass at that time, when Eli was laid down in his place, and his eyes began to wax dim, that he could not see;
3 And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the Lord, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep;

I'm very confused by what you're saying. Are you saying that this scripture supports the lie that the church was ever lost?

The true Church has always existed on this earth since Jesus Christ established His Church (meaning true believers). The gates of hell have never prevailed against the true Church, and never will!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This sounds a lot like what the beast of Revelation will accomplish at some point, whether through the U.N. specifically or just of himself. Revelation 17:12-14 "
And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful."

I'm sure those 10 kings will have cultural differences compared with each other, and along with that some governing differences as well, otherwise why would they have different kingdoms and not just be one (even though they are under one "god"/the beast)?
That says they'll have one mind. And they won't last that long.
I'm glad to hear that you returned to Christianity, but I'm also alarmed by what you're saying here! Do you think that the occult is evil only if money is involved? It sounds like you did sign yourself over to evil in a way by practicing that which is evil. I'm familiar with the scripture "To the pure all things are pure," but evil is never pure, not in a good sense.
The occult (or anything) is evil if we fail to love God and our neighbor as ourselves. I see most of the occult as tainted just as I see most of organized religion.

How are you using the term "elemental"? It sounds like a demon.
They are not interested in possessing people. They do like to impress people with what they know. They are spirits of the air -- mind.

You say that you were never possessed, but you also said that the "elemental" left. How do you know that you were not possessed?
I know.
I'm curious if you were ever a practicing Wiccan.
No, but I used to live with one. She had some powers, to be sure; but they didn't frighten me. In fact, I think maybe I frightened her. She was out to manipulate other people. I wasn't. She couldn't understand me. She couldn't control me.

I knew a woman who was into the occult before she got saved. She knew things about people that no one had told her. This is the devil's counterfeit for the "word of knowledge" listed as one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit in 1 Corinthians 12. So, you knew things about people by an unholy spirit, and how do you know if this evil spirit is not still affecting you (even if you don't have this "special knowledge" anymore)?
Believe it or not, there is almost no difference. The Holy Spirit is also said to go see what's happening and to tell people what is seen. These things happen in the second heaven, of air. All I can say is, "By their fruits you will know them." I've seen so-called Christians saying they were giving "words of knowledge" when it seemed clear to me they were being fooled by some tricky elemental spirit.

Some of them may have had the Holy Spirit once but fell into deception, craving power or money. Some then seek for substitutes the way Saul did when he was told he was cut off from the Holy Spirit. Such people are sitting ducks for the Dark Side; and they can be deceived into thinking the elemental spirit that's talking to them is God. Sooner or later though, you can expect them to be exposed for secret sins. Some of them also seem to making things up themselves.

Have you talked to a pastor who is familiar with the occult? I would advise you to do this.
I've no need. Most would be intimidated or think I was crazy.

I will tell you an incident that was told me I wasn't off course. One night, I was caught up out of the body and taken to London where I was shown a room used for experimenting with fetuses. I did not know the address in London, but I recognized the Thames close by. I was horrified. Why was I shown that? I concluded that God wanted me to pray about it. God is not a dictator. Dominion over the earth is man's. When God wants something done, He wants His servants to pray for it. So I prayed. It took a year or so; but then I heard on the news that a company had just been exposed for unethical experiments. The story did not give their address, so I googled it and found out they did have a building close to the Thames. Then I thanked God for showing me that room with its horrors so I could pray with intelligence. I can't prove anything to others; but it was proof enough for me. Notice that I wasn't praying for anyone's free will to be violated. The people doing the experimenting were guilty of that though, and I prayed for the protection of the innocent.

Another time, I was shown something in Paris. That ended when I was told the sun was about to rise. The other people involved would be waking up. I noted the time when I returned to my body and checked it out later -- I had indeed left France just before sunrise. If I told you what I dealt with there, you might shudder or think I was crazy. I've also had experiences I wouldn't have understood if the Bible didn't explain some things.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm very confused by what you're saying. Are you saying that this scripture supports the lie that the church was ever lost?

The true Church has always existed on this earth since Jesus Christ established His Church (meaning true believers). The gates of hell have never prevailed against the true Church, and never will!
The world would collapse without some righteous men in it. Dominion over the earth was given to man, so God made sure He always had at least one righteous servant in the world. It was getting close in the days of Abraham, but Abraham heard and answered the call. That being said, I still think there are still eras of darkness and of light.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe it or not, there is almost no difference. The Holy Spirit is also said to go see what's happening and to tell people what is seen. These things happen in the second heaven, of air. All I can say is, "By their fruits you will know them." I've seen so-called Christians saying they were giving "words of knowledge" when it seemed clear to me they were being fooled by some tricky elemental spirit.

Some of them may have had the Holy Spirit once but fell into deception, craving power or money. Some then seek for substitutes the way Saul did when he was told he was cut off from the Holy Spirit. Such people are sitting ducks for the Dark Side; and they can be deceived into thinking the elemental spirit that's talking to them is God. Sooner or later though, you can expect them to be exposed for secret sins. Some of them also seem to making things up themselves.

Almost no difference??? Only the spirits that are operating. One is God, meaning the Holy Spirit, and accomplishes His good will. The other is of the devil and does the devil's evil will--HUGE DIFFERENCE! The devil tries to mimic the power of the Holy Spirit, but true believers aren't fooled unless they have fallen into unrepentant sin. Then they can be deceived, as you pointed out.

As I told you earlier today, I've seen things in churches that were creepy. I don't think that everyone who says they are operating in the gifts of the Holy Spirit actually are, but His Spirit gives us discernment. If we can't tell the Holy Spirit from the devil, what's the point in trying to live the Christian life? o_O

The occult (or anything) is evil if we fail to love God and our neighbor as ourselves. I see most of the occult as tainted just as I see most of organized religion.

The occult is evil because it's of the devil, no matter how it's purportedly being used. IOW, there is NO scenario where the occult is a good thing. Tainted? By what if not the devil himself?

I will tell you an incident that was told me I wasn't off course. One night, I was caught up out of the body and taken to London where I was shown a room used for experimenting with fetuses. I did not know the address in London, but I recognized the Thames close by. I was horrified. Why was I shown that? I concluded that God wanted me to pray about it. God is not a dictator. Dominion over the earth is man's. When God wants something done, He wants His servants to pray for it. So I prayed. It took a year or so; but then I heard on the news that a company had just been exposed for unethical experiments. The story did not give their address, so I googled it and found out they did have a building close to the Thames. Then I thanked God for showing me that room with its horrors so I could pray with intelligence. I can't prove anything to others; but it was proof enough for me. Notice that I wasn't praying for anyone's free will to be violated. The people doing the experimenting were guilty of that though, and I prayed for the protection of the innocent.

Another time, I was shown something in Paris. That ended when I was told the sun was about to rise. The other people involved would be waking up. I noted the time when I returned to my body and checked it out later -- I had indeed left France just before sunrise. If I told you what I dealt with there, you might shudder or think I was crazy. I've also had experiences I wouldn't have understood if the Bible didn't explain some things.

Were you intending to astral project when these things happened?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world would collapse without some righteous men in it. Dominion over the earth was given to man, so God made sure He always had at least one righteous servant in the world. It was getting close in the days of Abraham, but Abraham heard and answered the call. That being said, I still think there are still eras of darkness and of light.
You're still talking Old Testament. I'm talking about the Church--the New Covenant.

Reactions: Helen

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Almost no difference??? Only the spirits that are operating. One is God, meaning the Holy Spirit, and accomplishes His good will. The other is of the devil and does the devil's evil will--HUGE DIFFERENCE! The devil tries to mimic the power of the Holy Spirit, but true believers aren't fooled unless they have fallen into unrepentant sin. Then they can be deceived, as you pointed out.

As I told you earlier today, I've seen things in churches that were creepy. I don't think that everyone who says they are operating in the gifts of the Holy Spirit actually are, but His Spirit gives us discernment. If we can't tell the Holy Spirit from the devil, what's the point in trying to live the Christian life? o_O
The difference does not lie in what label they put on themselves.

The occult is evil because it's of the devil, no matter how it's purportedly being used. IOW, there is NO scenario where the occult is a good thing. Tainted? By what if not the devil himself?
I don't see the devil as being able to create anything. All he can do is corrupt what God made. What is often called occult can be dangerous for most people, but that doesn't make it evil in and of itself. Is astrology always evil? Why were the lights put in heaven for signs and seasons? Yet I would say most people shouldn't delve into it.
Were you intending to astral project when these things happened?.
No, and I wouldn't call it astral travel -- which is what I call it when souls travel around without the spirit -- but some people might call it that. That too can be dangerous.
You're still talking Old Testament. I'm talking about the Church--the New Covenant.
The principle holds true. Dominion over the earth was given to man; and the gifts of God are without repentance. God always has had at least one servant on the earth. Today it's many more.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference does not lie in what label they put on themselves.

The difference lies in WHO they are. Do you not distinguish between God and Satan?

I don't see the devil as being able to create anything. All he can do is corrupt what God made. What is often called occult can be dangerous for most people, but that doesn't make it evil in and of itself. Is astrology always evil? Why were the lights put in heaven for signs and seasons? Yet I would say most people shouldn't delve into it.

I agree that the devil does not create. All he can do is steal, kill, and destroy....

Obviously, I completely disagree with you about the occult. Sounds like you've been playing with fire--thinking you can control the evil spirits you've invited into your life. The only way to resist the devil is to completely submit yourself to God. Excuse my bluntness, but you sound like a drug addict who lies to himself and says that he can give up drugs any time, but the drugs are controlling him.

We're told that God created the heavenly bodies (moon, stars, planets and sun) for times and seasons and signs (Gen 1:14). God has used them to speak to His people. But astrology is not God speaking. The practice of astrology has been traced back to ancient Sumeria and Babylon. But I'm sure you know a lot more about this than I do. These civilizations were known to worship a pantheon of gods, not the one true God of the Bible, so how can their ideas about the heavens be from God?

From Wikipedia:

The Sumerians believed that the universe had come into being through a series of cosmic births. First, Nammu, the primeval waters, gave birth to An (the sky) and Ki (the earth), who mated together and produced a son named Enlil. Enlil separated heaven from earth and claimed the earth as his domain. Humans were believed to have been created by Enki, the son of An and Nammu. Heaven was reserved exclusively for deities and, upon their deaths, all mortals' spirits, regardless of their behavior while alive, were believed to go to Kur, a cold, dark cavern deep beneath the earth, which was ruled by the goddess Ereshkigal and where the only food available was dry dust. In later times, Ereshkigal was believed to rule alongside her husband Nergal, the god of death.

The major deities in the Sumerian pantheon included An, the god of the heavens, Enlil, the god of wind and storm, Enki, the god of water and human culture, Ninhursag, the goddess of fertility and the earth, Utu, the god of the sun and justice, and his father Nanna, the god of the moon. During the Akkadian Period and afterward, Inanna, the goddess of sex, beauty, and warfare, was widely venerated across Sumer and appeared in many myths, including the famous story of her descent into the Underworld.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ScottA, we do not agree. keraz places the Armageddon event at the end of the Millennium Age whereas I place Armageddon at the beginning of the age with a possible fleeting presence of Christ at the Armageddon event while He is judging the Kings and their Armies assembling to approach Jerusalem for one last trampling of the Sanctuary of God and His Hosts. My understanding is the Christ will Rule as a High Priest in heaven during the first 1,000 years of the Millennium Age. Very different understandings from my perspective.

Well...that sounds quite a bit less committed to when Jesus returns, saying just "with a possible fleeting presence of Christ." Whereas in his and your previous statements you each had Jesus's return more positively placed...which puts you back at 1000 years apart.

Thanks for clarifying...but that is certainly less hopeful for the two of you.

But your response claiming that you tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth is hogwash and nothing less.

As for proving that I am in error as to my timing of when Christ returns, you provided no scripture to support your understanding, as to when, you believe, that Christ will return permanently to the face of the earth.

As for being iffy as you put it, Luke 14 speaks of Christ being seen by the Israelites from Jerusalem, judging the heathen nations of the earth assembled at Armageddon, after the 2,300 years of trampling the sanctuary of God and His Hosts, and that the Israelites send a delegation to Him to seek out His terms of Peace with no indication that Christ then hangs around on the face of the earth for 1,000 years ruling the earth from the face of the earth. I believe that Christ returns to heaven and acts as our High Priest with the Saints hat have lost their heads because of their belief in Christ who also are made priests in heaven with Christ as described in rev 20. Then after first dealing with the beast and the false prophet at the end of Rev 19 very near the end of the Millennium Age, Christ then Goes after Satan and also deals with him in Rev 20 and also dispatches Satan into the lake of fire where He will have just also dispatched the beast and the false prophet into the lake of fire.

After that we are told that Christ comes to Judge the nations of all the peoples of the earth with some receiving their inheritance because of their righteousness and the other unrighteous people will also then be dispatched into the lake of fire.

Now ScottA have you scripture to counter this understanding?

I gave you the scriptures already, but in typical blind fashion you called me and the scriptures hogwash.

Oh, and then you raddled on with your error filled worldly fulfillment interpretation of heavenly events, showing your complete lack of understanding.

Impressive!

But ScottA you again provided your opinion on what I wrote, but provided no proof texts to show what my supposed error is. As for your provided scripture to show that Christ will return to the face of the earth, it lacked the confirmation of when the quoted scripture would actually take place.

Is it as I suspect, at the end of the Millennium Age?

My statement that your "response claiming that you tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth is hogwash and nothing less," can even be applied to the scripture you quoted to support your argument, as the Biblical scripture is used outside of its intended message content, then the quoted scripture joins the ranks of the rest of your post as hogwash.

Now if you were to rightly divide the word of God, as you often demonstrate that you cannot, then you posts may even be worth reading.

Now go chew your cud in the corner with the dunces' pointy hat on.

Open your eyes, I did not give you my opinion, I quoted the scriptures just as you asked. That was the "proof text" of your error.

If we are to continue...let us do so with you seeing and confessing that you were wrong about Christ returning "to the face of the earth." Specifically, you were wrong about "where", and therefore the scriptures I quoted are not "outside the message content", but right on.

Continuing on: No, Christ's return from going "to the Father" does not happen "at the end of the Millennium Age"...for He is present during that time, and therefore has come already. In order, as follows:

Jesus goes to the Father > Jesus returns to reign for a thousand years > then comes the end.
If we can agree upon this, then we can reason our way through "where" Jesus returns to, and just how that fits into the timeline. Then perhaps we can consider the times of the kingdom rather than the times of the world and of men.

So then you are in agreement with Kezar? I know his theories are wrong, so there is no point in you trying to prove that your understanding is correct as well.
John 14:1-4: - 14:1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know."
NKJV

The above is your proof text that you quoted from in your veiled attempt to prove what I had posted was in error. It does not provide the evidence that I was in Error, ScottA, but it does demonstrate that you do grasp at straws to try and prove your "prophet" status, but to no avail.

Please go to the corner and continue chewing your cud. We may call you if we want you to enlighten us.
You do not tell me.

But here you tell all and quote the same proof against your own error that you have said "Christ's permanent return to the earth." Even when you show yourself in error, you do not believe it.

A quote is a quote and easily verified. That's not the problem. The problem is that you are not tracking with your own posts. Here is what happened:

I quoted you saying that Jesus would "permanently return to the earth." > That is not correct. > I corrected you. > Now you are lost and confused, and your response is to blame me.

...I recommend you go back and see the error of your claim of Jesus permanently returning to the earth (based on the scriptures that I gave you)...and then perhaps we can discuss the actual truth of Jesus' return. Are you getting this?

ScottA when you start quoting my posts accurately. then I might just begin to listen to your argument, but since you cannot do that, then how do I know that we are even on the same page concerning any discussion. It seems that your mode of responding to post is to claim that a person is in error according to you and then to use obscure scripture to support your claim even though it does not pertain to the thrust of what has been previously posted.

You need to go and get a life and stop being a serial pest.

Hopefully, ScottA, what you claim can be seen above. I think the proof of your claim will not be found.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you keep saying. I think you need to focus more on the role of money and how corporations can control people. Think about that rugby player.

Think too about corporations that make money manufacturing military equipment. Think about how they influence the internal politics of a country, and how they affect conflicts in other countries.
As to that Rugby Player only 2 years ago say, or before we got the Gay Marriage passed into Law such as he could of said what ever he liked and noting would of come of it at all in fact.
But now we are under the law, not to say such regardless or you will be destroyed with such malice as never been seen before in our history, it's a creep show ! now we are under the Law and the power of Grace is loss as it's a mans works show that is taking over now, because it's come down to serving mans whims and not God above all as the proof is in the pudding in fact.
The Australian people were totally duped into passing that Law, we had a Satanic PM that demanded that this Law would only be in relation to one act and one act only and nothing other, but the fact is it opens up a whole can of worms and it just spreads like the pox.
It's an attack on freedom of speech ! it's Political Correctness that's at work in all this nonsense and PC is dominated by love of using malice to achieve it's ends, just as it did in Nazi Germany and under Communism as Political Correctness is idolised as a God to such fools that swallow it.

Ever seen just how obsessed Political Correct people truly are ? they are ranting raving lunatics ! they carry on like Hitler demanding all follow along with them or else Malice will come down on all who they consider enemy of the State.
That footballer is an enemy of the State now and he was the best player by far, if they can destroy him what does anyone have a chance to do, but be under the thumb of such malicious total dictating creeps. the players have lost their rights and freedom of speech by power mad insane mob of Satanic bastards who are trying to lord it over all, that's how Satanist work ! it's all about keeping people under them or else they use malice.
Political Correctness has wormed it's way into all Corporations as well with all Satanist and fags at the top, who just don't like anyone questioning them in any way, so it's a big power grab to them as it only empowers them and they will clutch at anything that gives power to the top ranks.

Last edited:
Reactions: brakelite

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully, ScottA, what you claim can be seen above. I think the proof of your claim will not be found.
It would help if you didn't skip over the proof I posted.

You went from post 63 to 81.

The scriptural proof is in post 73.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My apologies, ScotA

Here are the missing Posts: -

ScottA, if I am in error with my understanding of when Armageddon will occur and when return Christ's permanent return to the earth will be, then please provide the scriptural basis for the correction that you are trying to make. Otherwise you are only expressing an opinion with no substance.

Opinions do not advance anyone's understanding of the End times. Get my drift. Hopefully you can post your understanding and not your usual hogwash.

If I post anything...it is the truth from God, not "hogwash." And don't be accusing me of the use of opinion when you yourself have called my post hogwash and in the same post giving room for the possibility that you could be in error--which is proof of your own use of opinion. You are making yourself out to be a hypocrite.

As for your "with a possible fleeting presence of Christ" iffy position on the timing of the return of Christ: The scriptures do not indicate "Christ's permanent return to the earth" (as you say), but rather that "I go to the Father", "and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."

So, yes, you error. If you would like to concede this crucial point, perhaps we can discuss it with out the "hogwash."

But your response claiming that you tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth is hogwash and nothing less.

As for proving that I am in error as to my timing of when Christ returns, you provided no scripture to support your understanding, as to when, you believe, that Christ will return permanently to the face of the earth.

As for being iffy as you put it, Luke 14 speaks of Christ being seen by the Israelites from Jerusalem, judging the heathen nations of the earth assembled at Armageddon, after the 2,300 years of trampling the sanctuary of God and His Hosts, and that the Israelites send a delegation to Him to seek out His terms of Peace with no indication that Christ then hangs around on the face of the earth for 1,000 years ruling the earth from the face of the earth. I believe that Christ returns to heaven and acts as our High Priest with the Saints hat have lost their heads because of their belief in Christ who also are made priests in heaven with Christ as described in rev 20. Then after first dealing with the beast and the false prophet at the end of Rev 19 very near the end of the Millennium Age, Christ then Goes after Satan and also deals with him in Rev 20 and also dispatches Satan into the lake of fire where He will have just also dispatched the beast and the false prophet into the lake of fire.

After that we are told that Christ comes to Judge the nations of all the peoples of the earth with some receiving their inheritance because of their righteousness and the other unrighteous people will also then be dispatched into the lake of fire.

Now ScottA have you scripture to counter this understanding?

I gave you the scriptures already, but in typical blind fashion you called me and the scriptures hogwash.

Oh, and then you raddled on with your error filled worldly fulfillment interpretation of heavenly events, showing your complete lack of understanding.

Impressive!

It still does not change the outcome.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not if you don't believe.

ScottA your zeal is better than the Pharisees and Scribes of Jesus' day. No wonder you are having trouble with your understanding of what is recorded in the scriptures and the right application of them.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference lies in WHO they are. Do you not distinguish between God and Satan?
I try to look at things as they not, not by the names people call themselves by. Remember that there will be people who tell Jesus they cast out demons in his name and so on, and he tells them to depart because he never knew them? Then there are the people who do his works without expecting any reward from him. They ask when did they do these things for him? They are his servants without consciously knowing it.

I agree that the devil does not create. All he can do is steal, kill, and destroy....

Obviously, I completely disagree with you about the occult. Sounds like you've been playing with fire--thinking you can control the evil spirits you've invited into your life. The only way to resist the devil is to completely submit yourself to God. Excuse my bluntness, but you sound like a drug addict who lies to himself and says that he can give up drugs any time, but the drugs are controlling him.
I think you've fallen into harsh judgmentalism. I haven't seen or talked in any depth with Jesus lately; but he's never reprimanded me the way you have. I have been reprimanded about other things by angels. I urge you to be cautious lest you raise a false accusation against me to Heaven.

As for resisting the devil or demons? Just say no when they show up. That can be hard to do if one isn't in the Light of God at all times. I haven't talked to a demon for a long time. I guess they gave up trying to convince me of anything.

Satan and the demons have their jobs. While I long for the day they are imprisoned, it is not time yet. At present, they serve a purpose. I will not "rail" about them.

2 Peter 2:11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
I
Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

When it is time for God to deal with them, they will be dealt with. I am not going to oppose God's plan or His time schedule.
We're told that God created the heavenly bodies (moon, stars, planets and sun) for times and seasons and signs (Gen 1:14). God has used them to speak to His people. But astrology is not God speaking. The practice of astrology has been traced back to ancient Sumeria and Babylon. But I'm sure you know a lot more about this than I do. These civilizations were known to worship a pantheon of gods, not the one true God of the Bible, so how can their ideas about the heavens be from God?
To be honest, the religion of Sumeria and Babylon never interested me. I could be wrong, I admit; but I figured their gods were fake ones, impostors. But there the benevolent spirits that are associated with the stars. Revelation tells us about seven spirits that appear as stars in Jesus' hand. It has other astrological references that will not make much sense to someone unacquainted with astrology. People become boggled when they read about the moon under the woman's feet or by the "locusts" with hair of women, teeth like lions, etc. Ask a kaballist. He may be able to explain these things.

Someone familiar with astrology will also discern a pattern in this verse:

Numbers 31:22 Only the gold, and the silver, the brass, the iron, the tin, and the lead,

What you may be missing is that there are godly applications of things and then there are the impostors. What I despise about most astrology is how people make it all about predicting the future, about "fate" -- as if free will doesn't exist. I consider that a demonic application that seeks to undermine man's free will. The godly application looks for weaknesses in order to warn people to be on guard. Sad to say, most people do not exercise much free will. That's why if a weakness is in someone's chart, odds will be he hasn't mastered it. I don't do astrology much anymore; the last time I did, I saw a female sports figure behaving a certain way and suspected she had a certain configuration in her birth chart. I checked. She did. This is not fate. She could master it.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Australia recently there has been an ongoing debate over a local rugby player's comments on homosexuality. This man, who represented his country in his sport, is also a leader in his local church in Sydney. He posted a meme on social media suggesting that all sinners would go to hell unless they repent. The list of sinners (from scripture) included homosexuals. On this basis he has been sacked, his sporting contract torn up, and his future in any sport in doubt, on account that he breached the Rugby Union's Israel Folau case sets a precedent for religious freedom at work policy regarding inclusiveness. This concept of inclusiveness is at the core of the new age global mindset, and is now (as evidenced by Israel Folau) an accepted core value of corporate business. Any idea or suggestion that Christians are or can be separate from the world is under a great deal of pressure from governments and extreme lobbyists of all shapes and sizes...and genders.

I believe California is trying to pass some measures that restricts pastors from speaking out against sin.

Has anyone seen the creepy Celine Dion's genderless clothing line:

https://vigilantcitizen.com/latestn...g-with-celine-dions-genderless-clothing-line/

A priest claims it is demonic: An exorcist called Celine Dion's children's clothing line 'demonic' | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Reactions: 4Jesus

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 7351 View attachment 7352 View attachment 7353 View attachment 7354 View attachment 7355 View attachment 7356

Here is revealed a decidedly esoteric spirituality being postulated as the basis for UN philosophy, particularly when it comes to education. Notice the remark criticising fundamentalism. At the moment, the attack against fundamentalism is focused on Islam. But there are clear suggestions throughout current world political moves on both sides of the houses of parliament, where Christian fundamentalism (that is belief in the Bible as the sole basis for faith and practice...belief in Jesus being the only name given under heaven by which man can be saved...belief in the literal second coming of Jesus in power and glory...and belief in religious liberty whereby no man, church, institution or government can dictate what any man may believe according to his conscience) is now under severe scrutiny. Even ecumenism is well established as a UN agenda and protocol through the UN affiliated WCC...and the Vatican is the power behind the scenes and the Pope being touted as the only candidate as the visible leader of the one world religion. His visit to the US a year or so ago and his address to the combined state legislature as well as his address to the UN, was without doubt a very successful electoral campaign.

Do you think that they're setting up the Pope to be the head of the NWO? I wondered if it was him or Obama.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is pretty much how things have happened in the schools. I had commented in the Freemasonry thread that I believe some form of mysticism will serve as basis for the antichrist's one-world religion. The devil has managed to insert an element of this occult belief system in every major religion--Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism. How convenient!

New Age philosophy is the latest round of mysticism and is being thrust into the schools in many different ways. One of the old self-esteem programs that I researched in the early 90s was steeped in New Age thinking. The name of this curriculum was "Pumsy," and it was used in many elementary schools across the U.S. at one point. Pumsy is a dragon puppet. In this curriculum, the teacher has the children literally chant this phrase: "I am me, and I am enough." Really? Without God, we're enough?? I have read that New Agers chant "Be still and know that I am God," meaning that they think THEY are God.

Also, in the "Pumsy" curriculum the children are instructed to lie down and clear their "muddy mind." Back in the day, I read an article by a psychologist who was concerned that the steps the teacher led the children through was a form of hypnosis. I believe that hypnosis opens a person to demonic influence. I base this thinking on personal experience when I was working on a college degree in psychology before I was saved.

I believe that the end result of any form of mysticism is the belief that the person is somehow God or divine in some way. So, the original temptation to "be like God" is at work here. As I said in the other thread, as Christians, we "partake of the divine nature," but we never become God in any way.

Have you seen the Christian college that had the students "confess their sins to plants"? Gaia has already crept into Christianity.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is pretty much how things have happened in the schools. I had commented in the Freemasonry thread that I believe some form of mysticism will serve as basis for the antichrist's one-world religion. The devil has managed to insert an element of this occult belief system in every major religion--Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism. How convenient!

New Age philosophy is the latest round of mysticism and is being thrust into the schools in many different ways. One of the old self-esteem programs that I researched in the early 90s was steeped in New Age thinking. The name of this curriculum was "Pumsy," and it was used in many elementary schools across the U.S. at one point. Pumsy is a dragon puppet. In this curriculum, the teacher has the children literally chant this phrase: "I am me, and I am enough." Really? Without God, we're enough?? I have read that New Agers chant "Be still and know that I am God," meaning that they think THEY are God.

Also, in the "Pumsy" curriculum the children are instructed to lie down and clear their "muddy mind." Back in the day, I read an article by a psychologist who was concerned that the steps the teacher led the children through was a form of hypnosis. I believe that hypnosis opens a person to demonic influence. I base this thinking on personal experience when I was working on a college degree in psychology before I was saved.

I believe that the end result of any form of mysticism is the belief that the person is somehow God or divine in some way. So, the original temptation to "be like God" is at work here. As I said in the other thread, as Christians, we "partake of the divine nature," but we never become God in any way.
I have read these quotes and have read many more that are just as frightening! And they are real! I have read original sources.

It really is the parents' call about how their kids should be educated. Christian parents are charged with raising their children in the instruction of the Lord (Eph. 6:4). It's up to them to seek the Lord as to their children's education. However, if a school is interfering with a Christian parent's duty, then the parent has to decide if other forms of schooling would be better.

When my oldest was a toddler, our school system began implementing Outcome-Based Education (OBE), which is the forerunner of Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Some of us parents fought the school system, but we saw that we couldn't stop these reforms from being implemented in our state, and they were. Now, they are throughout the US in the form of CCSS.

Since I wouldn't dare put my child in our local public school, I ended up home schooling because we couldn't afford a private Christian school. Home schooling ended up being a great option for us, and I have absolutely NO regrets. I don't think home schooling is for everyone, but God will give Christian parents the options they need in order to raise their children as He would have them raise them.

I believe in homeschooling and am trying to get some family out of public schools. It's interesting to note that the worst influence ever on a family member was a boy from church however. I learned you have to be on guard no matter where you go. I learned too late.