If atheists get accused of taking verses out of context, how do we know fundamentalists making those accusations aren’t doing the same as well?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, confused, misguided, mislead to the point that they will make any excuse to support their belief system.
Friend, you are lost. It is NOT merely a belief system! They are a witness to the divine.

From today's devotional reading, the last sentence of the Gospel of Mark talked about proof by the miracles. I have personally experienced miracles. I know people who have experienced miracles. Both were health related.

While drowning in evidence, you stubbornly deny there is any evidence at all. Pretending it is only one belief system v another AS IF the same basis for that belief exists.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The only evidence you present for why the witnesses mental state should be taken into question is that they witnessed something you cannot accept.
Just like you can’t accept I witnessed a unicorn the other day and billions and billions have witnessed aliens.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like you can’t accept I witnessed a unicorn the other day and billions and billions have witnessed aliens.
To what end are you making this false comparison? What is the significance of unicorns or aliens?

By contrast, the significance that there is a God who had a plan for your redemption from your sins through his Son, Jesus of Nazareth, is more important than anything else - by far. It changes everything forever.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So, you think you got it going on but billions of witnesses can rightly be dismissed for one reason or another?
well, your billions of witnesses also believe that they might ascend to heaven after they have died to become immortals, despite the voluminous evidence in the Bible that says otherwise

so you might give that a rest lol
maybe try replying to some of the stuff you keep avoiding

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, your billions of witnesses also believe
You keep comparing beliefs and arguments to lived experience, opinion to observation. You’re like the adulterer who says to his wife, are you going to believe your husband or your lying eyes.

You said you believe in God. Are posts in this thread how you demonstrate your faith?

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
To what end are you making this false comparison? What is the significance of unicorns or aliens?
It's not a false comparison as you patently know. You have a habit of calling everything false that accurately challenges your unfounded belief system. You've shown you are wholly incapable of rational debate. You've lost just about every point in the debate thus far and your only tact in this defeat is to engage in the same childish retorts which are:

- Just deny whatever anyone else says, call it false despite having nothing to justify it being false
- Just ignore the points being made and circle back to previous silly rhetoric and rinse repeat ad-nauseum
- Just keep desperately citing "billions of believers" as if it were proof of something even though it's not proof at all

It's a joke

You are in internet terms a WUM. Wind Up Merchant. You ran out of dialogue pages back and can only keep repeating the same illogical and patently false spiel.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I have personally experienced miracles. I know people who have experienced miracles. Both were health related.
No you haven't. What you have witnessed is a number of events you don't understand and can't explain. You've been conditioned by religious indoctrination to assume that they are miracles instead of humbly and honestly looking for other explanations. This is the scenario of Horoscopes I posted about upthread. You want to believe, you need to believe to fill thee gaps and voids in your life and feel special so you automatically attribute everything to your false belief system.

Confirmation bias.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You said you believe in God
yes, and you said you were a Christian
so, not your god; the schizophrenic one that requires blood for sins (even tho you cannot Quote that one, single, time)
Are posts in this thread how you demonstrate your faith?
well, faith to me is a verb, and right now to you its a noun, so i doubt a reply here would make any more sense to you than most of my other replies :)
the ones you ignore and skip over i mean
You said you believe in God. Are posts in this thread how you demonstrate your faith?
you know what "they were first called Christians in Antioch" is code for?
Antioch was known for being a stronghold of Athena (Astarte), founded by some Roman General i forget which now
and "Christian" had a diff meaning then
Their testimony is not mere lip service; the evidence of a transformed life. Billions and billions.
:rolleyes:
"Christ i like; Christians, not so much"
...and few there are who find it

you should prolly quit while...ya

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what?
Whose lived experience? Whose observation? You keep swearing on witnesses you cannot cross examine on the one hand, and depending upon them on the other. Are you on meds?
This is how you show your faith in God, by asking blasphemous questions?

There are literally BILLIONS of examples. Seek. Knock. Ask.

Nor sure what power of discovery this cross examination will provide. Go to you local Christian Church and interrogate the folks there. Start a thread here, demanding the right to cross-examine anyone who claims God changed their life or anyone who claims to have witnessed or experienced a miracle.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your unfounded belief system
There you go again. Denial.

My belief system is a result of lived experience, of experiencing the divine, of witnessing miracles, of recognizing the hand of God in creation. There are literally BILLIONS of us, more than any other belief system. You just have denial.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Nor sure what power of discovery this cross examination will provide. Go to you local Christian Church and interrogate the folks there. Start a thread here, demanding the right to cross-examine anyone who claims God changed their life or anyone who claims to have witnessed or experienced a miracle.
Wrangler, i am not doing this to embarrass you, or belittle you ok
but on the off-chance that you were once a seeker, and might become one again
and stop contradicting Scripture in every other post
no, there are no billions, sorry
on that day many will say to me “lord lord”
except for those billions

now i know you donated a lot of money to some pastor’s lifestyle, and you think you got some education in the Bible, but i ask you to consider for just a moment; do you really believe if he told you the truth that you would pay for it? I tell you that you mos def would not
simply bc the truth doesnt work like that knowledge brings sorrow see and who pays for sorrowful truth?
You got ezackly what you paid for, ok? you got what billions and billions got
sorry bro

Last edited:

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There you go again. Denial.

My belief system is a result of lived experience, of experiencing the divine, of witnessing miracles, of recognizing the hand of God in creation. There are literally BILLIONS of us, more than any other belief system. You just have denial.
I also experienced the divine when I had some ayahuasca.

Those “blasphemous questions” are the questions you lack the courage to ask, this is why you deep down envy that poster for asking such questions. You’re still stuck in the carrot and stick slave mentality.

Hey, why don’t you interrogate all the nonbelievers? Seek, ask. Take your own advice