If atheists get accused of taking verses out of context, how do we know fundamentalists making those accusations aren’t doing the same as well?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that extends to people’s identity
The opposition to self-identity is not based on hate but love, love of the truth. And the truth is one’s identity is not subjectively determined. It is determined by God.

A doctor does not identify sex of a new born. He objectively identifies the sex - and gender - of the baby.

It is foolish and unloving to pretend someone suffering from identity disorder is healthy. We don’t re-identify cancer patients as healthy and an act of love to deny their illness.

Said differently, why limit self-identity to sex and gender? Why not expand it to all aspects of the human experience? For instance, I identify as a trillionaire and I demand my rights be acknowledged - especially by banking institutions. End the oppression of the White Supremacist patriarchy now!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The opposition to self-identity is not based on hate but love, love of the truth. And the truth is one’s identity is not subjectively determined. It is determined by God.

A doctor does not identify sex of a new born. He objectively identifies the sex - and gender - of the baby.

It is foolish and unloving to pretend someone suffering from identity disorder is healthy. We don’t re-identify cancer patients as healthy and an act of love to deny their illness.

Said differently, why limit self-identity to sex and gender? Why not expand it to all aspects of the human experience? For instance, I identify as a trillionaire and I demand my rights be acknowledged - especially by banking institutions. End the oppression of the White Supremacist patriarchy now!
Saying something is determined by God is really the person making that claim determining it, while shifting blame onto a god so they don’t look like a Nazi.

“Love of the truth” really means “love of bigotry” to fundamentalist Christians.

Don’t think that transgender who just shot up that school did it for no reason at all. All the homophobia and calls for gays to be put to death from pastors has definitely played a role. You guys cover up your hate with “truth”, you’re not fooling anybody. Better start going out into the street and demanding rights for your Christian hate now that some transgender carried out a mass shooting against Christians.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
What is your evidence that there is no God?
It behoves those claiming that the Christian God exists to provide the evidence not those who don't believe.

Nevertheless there is so much damning evidence to prove that specifically the Christian concept of an all-loving all-powerful God does not exist it's worth mentioning.

Young innocent children dying of leukaemia - God is clearly powerless to prevent it or can but is totally indifferent to it, doesn't care

Young innocent children being sexually abused by Jimmy Savile and other predators - God is clearly powerless to prevent it or can but is totally indifferent to it, doesn't care. No loving parent would stand idly by whilst their own child was being sexually abused. Making excuses for a God that stands idly by is appalling by any standard. It's akin to making excuses for Hitler exterminating people in gas chambers saying, it's all ok Hitler had a grand plan for them. Utter delusion ignoring this.

Millions of people being killed horribly by a respiratory virus - God sits by idly, totally indifferent to the suffering. He has the power to prevent it but doesn't or else he's weak and can't prevent it.

Thousands of women forced into the sex trade whose lives are endless misery and suffering. God doesn't care or is powerless to prevent it.

Less the utterly puerile excuse of "free will" rears it's ugly and desperate head here's some more . . . .

Volcanos erupting and killing thousands of people
The recent earthquakes in Turkey and elsewhere killing lots of people
Tsunamis, hurricanes, tornados devastating homes and lives

Then we can move to the evidence of prayer and the Bible

The Bible clearly tells us:

John 14:13-1 - "Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it."

Matthew 21:22 - "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”

John 14:14 - "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it."

John 16:23-24 - "Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you."

Billions of Christians over countless years have earnestly prayed for and pleaded for cancer to be eradicated from the planet as well as other diseases. Their prayers have never been answered. They did not get what they prayed for. The Bible verse is clearly false. This holds true for all manner of things people have prayed for in Jesus's name. The defacto apologetic excuse for this by Christians is that people didn't pray for the right things, didn't pray the right way. They will never face up to objective reality.

I could go on, but I know it's pointless here

The world is chock full of factual objective evidence that the Christian concept of an all-powerful all-loving God is pure fantasy and delusion.

As stated before this doesn't mean that "a god" of some kind does not exist, it simply means that if there is a god or gods then they are not all-powerful and all-loving. They are likely weak, or malevolent and uncaring.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It behoves those claiming that the Christian God exists to provide the evidence not those who don't believe.
Atheism on Trial. It is a good read.

Arguments against God do not stand up to scrutiny. All you do is embrace nihilism, deny, deny, deny - as you drown in evidence.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No, when oppressed groups do violence, they are justified.

When oppressor groups do violence, they are not justified. So goes the party line.
LGBT is widely oppressed. They’ve faced a numerous amount of mass shootings. Guess they’re getting fed up with pastors saying they need to be executed.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LGBT is widely oppressed.
Not sure when our society deemed victimhood empowering.

They are the most oppresive, special interest group today, trying to dictate how others talk with their preferred pronouns and nouns. A man who is trans is a trans-man. A woman who is trans is a trans-woman. They are wrong and backwards and oppresive. In several countries now, there are laws oppressing speech the LGBT community does not like.

This is freedom. One must tolerate behavior of others that is repugnant. I guess "my body, my choice" does not include speech if it offends the LGBT oppressive communoty.

They have "pride" in sin and debauchery, trying to convince themselves of what they know is not true. This is why social validation is so vitally important to them. You also better wear clothes this oppresive group dictates or else!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not sure when our society deemed victimhood empowering.

They are the most oppresive, special interest group today, trying to dictate how others talk with their preferred pronouns and nouns. A man who is trans is a trans-man. A woman who is trans is a trans-woman. They are wrong and backwards and oppresive. In several countries now, there are laws oppressing speech the LGBT community does not like.

This is freedom. One must tolerate behavior of others that is repugnant. I guess "my body, my choice" does not include speech if it offends the LGBT oppressive communoty.

They have "pride" in sin and debauchery, trying to convince themselves of what they know is not true. This is why social validation is so vitally important to them. You also better wear clothes this oppresive group dictates or else!

I don’t know…Christians sure do act like victims as well. They fear their God is being snuffed out of society as more and more people are leaving the faith. They’re constantly looking over their shoulder for Satan. Christianity is the epitome of victimhood.

Many of those who identify as gay for example, have known it since birth or early childhood. It’s a much smaller percentage of those who are trying to convince themselves of what’s not true.

Christians have pride in being saved by Jesus and looking down on anyone else who isn’t. You want to talk about repugnant behavior when YOUR behavior is repugnant along with your bigotry.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You want to talk about repugnant behavior when YOUR behavior is repugnant along with your bigotry.
I agree. He is as far from Jesus's ministry as you can probably get and has not understood it. Absolutely not a Christian imho. If ever I needed confirmation that I was incredibly lucky to break away from the Christian psychological system of control I just look at things like this. Jesus would never call people "backward" and wrong. He would be out there loving them and ministering to them. How very far some have fallen into their own pride and ego.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Woah? Why do Atheists give themselves a pass? What is your evidence that there is no God? By definition, all you got for a cross is to deny the mountain of evidence that you are drowning in.

@Romanov2488 is so desperate, he's adopted a psychological attack, speculating that believers are mentally unbalanced. Speculation is not evidence.
well as to that, i think it is pretty clear that most believers are Esau, whom God hated, so i dunno how far off that is tbh

ok, best of luck to you on the death, more abundantly, and i wish you all the best

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Woah? Why do Atheists give themselves a pass? What is your evidence that there is no God? By definition, all you got for a cross is to deny the mountain of evidence that you are drowning in.

@Romanov2488 is so desperate, he's adopted a psychological attack, speculating that believers are mentally unbalanced. Speculation is not evidence.
Ummm, if I say that unicorns exist because I had a supernatural experience, society would think I’m mentally unwell. Yet when you have a supernatural experience of “God”, it’s not treated the same way?

You’re a hypocrite for thinking these people who believe in multiple genders are mentally unbalanced but yet you believe there’s a god somewhere as well as angels, demons, a hell, and a heaven. The way someone of LGBT talking about other genders sounds like to you is the way -you- sound to me.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Moreover Wrangler, there’s tons of “eyewitness testimony” of people seeing poltergeists or aliens. Not just ONE person (as you like to refer to yourself as one out of BILLIONS). Why is the eyewitness testimony of God correct and true but not the billions of eyewitness testimony of ghosts and aliens? Eyewitness testimony of ghosts is nonsense, but not of God.

It’s perfectly valid to call into question the validity of eyewitness testimony. People claimed to see God in the smoke from 9/11. Come on now.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I agree. He is as far from Jesus's ministry as you can probably get and has not understood it. Absolutely not a Christian imho. If ever I needed confirmation that I was incredibly lucky to break away from the Christian psychological system of control I just look at things like this. Jesus would never call people "backward" and wrong. He would be out there loving them and ministering to them. How very far some have fallen into their own pride and ego.
He’s not a Christian by conventional definition because he’s a non-trinitarian. He might as well call himself a Jew or Muslim at this point. He acts like the herald of definitions and principles but goes against the very definition of Christianity. Most Christians wouldn’t consider him a Christian on that alone.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re a hypocrite for thinking these people who believe in multiple genders are mentally unbalanced but yet you believe there’s a god somewhere as well as angels, demons, a hell, and a heaven.
How you connect the disbelief in the existence of God to sexual perversion is priceless.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
He’s not a Christian by conventional definition because he’s a non-trinitarian. He might as well call himself a Jew or Muslim at this point. He acts like the herald of definitions and principles but goes against the very definition of Christianity. Most Christians wouldn’t consider him a Christian on that alone.
He's not a Christian period. He's simply playing the game, not following the teachings of Jesus, full of pride and pious ego. On the road to death.

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

In for a huge shock sadly

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying something is determined by God is really the person making that claim determining it, while shifting blame onto a god so they don’t look like a Nazi.
No blame other than on those who do not submit to God's lordship over their lives.

Don't worry about putting God on the hook. He does not mind being on the hook. However, if you think your in the position to judge your own Creator, think again for you are a subject not a sovereign. Thinking we can take the place of God is the Original Sin. Your flawed thinking goes back that far.