If atheists get accused of taking verses out of context, how do we know fundamentalists making those accusations aren’t doing the same as well?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the Study Note. When I read it, I thought of you wadr.

Attachments

• 127F9D2E-105D-4E37-A523-2624E31CAE6E.jpeg
    127F9D2E-105D-4E37-A523-2624E31CAE6E.jpeg
    555.6 KB · Views: 4

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
No blame other than on those who do not submit to God's lordship over their lives.
Requirements to "submit" or kneel or obey are the purview of tyrants. By their works shall we recognise them. There can be no free will if a tyrant imposes the need to submit and obey and doles out heinous punishments and torture to those who refuse. That's the stuff of the Hitlers and Pol Pots of this world. Better to die on one's feet than spend your life on your knees to a tyrant. Only gutless cowards submit in this way. The Christian doctrine is nothing but a psychological system predicated on fear which is really a form of abuse. Any good works done by its followers can just as easily be made without the need for any religious indoctrination. The sooner the majority of the world's population rids itself of these ridiculous and oppressive mainstream religions the sooner we can all get on and evolve and make a better world for ourselves, a world predicated on mutual human trust, love and respect. It's unfortunate that it is always the zealots that bring disrepute to religions but I guess without them we wouldn't realise how utterly nonsensical and life wasting those religions are.

However, if you think your in the position to judge your own Creator, think again for you are a subject not a sovereign.

On the contrary every human has the absolute right to judge any creator or ruler and expect that they demonstrate the behaviours that the ruler requires of their subjects. To this extent (tho there obviously isn't a God) we should most definitely hold him accountable for his behaviours in this respect. Are we instructed to not kill? Then God should lead by example and not kill people.

Unfortunately this is where the ridiculous doctrine falls flat on its face. The Bible recounts that God :

- kills men and women with reckless abandon at will
- kills children at will
- kills babies at will
- kills unborn babies at will
- Calls bears to maul young children just because they tease another human
- Engages in ethnic cleansing
- Engages in the annihilation and destruction of entire cities and civilisations
- Engages in genocide

There is no bigger murderer in this world than the Christian God. No-one in history has murdered more men, women, children and animals than the Christian God. He is not a role model. He is a tyrant. And that's proof enough that the entire notion of the Christian God is utter fabricated codswallop and proof that billions of so called Christians are deluding themselves on a daily basis, wilfully ignoring all Gods past actions because in their heads they just can't deal with that harsh reality.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No blame other than on those who do not submit to God's lordship over their lives.

Don't worry about putting God on the hook. He does not mind being on the hook. However, if you think you’re in the position to judge your own Creator, think again for you are a subject not a sovereign. Thinking we can take the place of God is the Original Sin. Your flawed thinking goes back that far.
You’re just ignorant of what your true nature really is.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Oh. That's nice. It was all the believing bashing posts that confused me.
ha well...cult of sol "believers" i dont have much use for tbh
i hesitate to use the phrase "cognitively impaired" as i have asperger's, so cognitively impaired in a diff way, but ya
just kinda not all there in a way

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Here is the Study Note. When I read it, I thought of you wadr.

You wouldn't need study notes if you were free. Some people need to be spoonfed, kind of a continuation of baby life. Some have the courage to embark on their own journey without other humans putting a bit in their mouths and leading them by reins down singular blind alleys. I'm glad I broke free of all this false indoctrination and nonsense and had the courage to explore new avenues. Had I not done so I would not have gained the "eyes to see" and "ears to hear" that are mentioned in the Bible and which are needed to see and understand the "mysteries of the kingdom"

Reactions: bbyrd009

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
So, you think you got it going on but billions of witnesses can rightly be dismissed for one reason or another?
Not dismissed simply understood for what they are. Confused, mislead, misguided individuals who have been caught in an abusive system of psychological control so powerful that they neither realise they've been caught and will do/say anything to preserve / support their conditioned state, shutting out, compartmentalising anything that challenges that belief system even if it comes from the Bible itself.

I don't have anything "Going on" but my eyes have been opened to the special allegorical terminology and language used in 1000s of works of the sages and philosophers and which I now see is also used in the Bible. Consequently I now see what the Bible text is really talking about in Genesis and many other places and I understand what many of the parables are talking about. None of this is taught in mainstream religions, not taught by the churches who just peddle the false literal readings of the texts wilfully lying to their flocks.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Oh? And you have my true nature figured out, do you?
True nature can be arrived at via the neti neti process. I’m not going to say what your true nature is because any label would be false. What I can say is you are not this and you are not that. Words can never encapsulate who you truly are.

In short, you are God in drag. Creation is God in drag. You are God pretending you aren’t. Playing a game of hide and seek with yourself by searching for God, only to find yourself in the end. You can disagree all you want, I don’t hold this as a dogmatic belief like you hold onto yours. There are many ways this can be pointed to. In fact, I think even Christianity itself points to this. “Christ consciousness” is an example. When Jesus said he is the way and the truth, he meant the unqualified “I am” which we all share. The Bible also refers to God as “I am”.

The separation between creator and creation is a play of God. I am not only acknowledging their separation, but also acknowledging their oneness at the exact same time. The Trinity is a great symbol of this. Jesus is both human and God. The problem is that fundamentalist Christians are not seeing that same dynamic with themselves because their approach to Jesus or God is one of authority and obedience. They are still stuck in the infantile stage of obeying something simply because it has authority. This is not true religion, but immaturity.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The problem of fundamentalist Christians is that they have a slave morality. Nietzsche believed people need to be challenged in order to grow and that belief in heaven negates this. As such, he referred to believers as “life deniers”. Putting all your focus on the afterlife distracts one from this life. And no matter how much fundamentalists want to argue that this life matters and it will be the deciding factor for afterwards bla bla, they are only bullshitting themselves to hide the fact that they are trying to escape this current life.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not dismissed simply understood for what they are.
No. I do not think you do understand what they are, which is temples to the living God.

It is not merely Belief A v not Belief A. They are witnesses to the glory of God. Their testimony is not mere lip service; the evidence of a transformed life. Billions and billions.

Praise God. Amen and Amen.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No. I do not think you do understand what they are, which is temples to the living God.

It is not merely Belief A v not Belief A. They are witnesses to the glory of God. Their testimony is not mere lip service; the evidence of a transformed life. Billions and billions.

Witnesses whose mental state should be taken into question. Sorry but if I witness a unicorn, society will do the same to me. Gotta keep the accountability equal.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom

As I said, confused, misguided, mislead to the point that they will make any excuse to support their belief system. You keep clinging to this utterly false notion that a numbers game equates to proof. It doesn't as I have iterated over an over. It equates to the effectiveness of a psychological system of control and enslavement and it equates to the high number of weak-minded people that exist in our world who don't have :

- the capacity to think for themselves
- the capacity to exercise critical thinking
- the humility and honesty to accept that they might have been mislead
- the courage to confront reality and true facts vs what they've been conditioned to believe
- the strength to progress on the journey of enlightenment because their laziness makes them prefer spoon-fed dogma

Literally millions and millions of people believe the Earth is flat and that NASA and world governments are lying to us all and faking photos and video footage that shows Earth's curvature. Does that prove that the Earth is flat?

It's time to grow up, cast off your stabilisers and start thinking critically imho. There might be a god or entity of some sort out there but it sure as hell isn't the god the church has conditioned you to believe in. You can't embark on the journey whilst your mind is full of nonsense. As the Chinese proverb goes:

"Empty your cup"

You can't put new liquid into a cup that is already full of old tea. You must first empty your cup. Until you do that, you're little more than a teenager still wanting his mum to breast feed him.