If atheists get accused of taking verses out of context, how do we know fundamentalists making those accusations aren’t doing the same as well?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Two out of three (past, now, future) ain't bad, but one out of three (now), no.

Time is even scientifically an illusion, nonetheless it ticks by and comes to an end, and then it's over. You know this. You may as well put your head down and shut out everything but the ground beneath your feet. Indeed, what you are [now] doing has no future. I am trying to be kind but truthful...but psychologically "now" thinking is just an escape from reality, and from what the future actually does or does not hold. Life is more than meets the eye, and your mind--our minds--that "filter" only operate at a fraction of what it's capable of. Now is only the first grade, and all of time only the third grade. Not a good place to stay.

If you want to know what life was and is actually meant to be about, pick your head up, take the blinders off, ask.
Psychologically “now” thinking is actually the opposite of escaping from reality. Dwelling on the past or waiting on the future is what’s an escape. Life takes place now, not tomorrow, and certainly not the past. By being more immersed in the moment, you are living more in reality.

The now is what is. What you do now, affects the “future”.

Reactions: bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psychologically “now” thinking is actually the opposite of escaping from reality. Dwelling on the past or waiting on the future is what’s an escape. Life takes place now, not tomorrow, and certainly not the past. By being more immersed in the moment, you are living more in reality.

The now is what is. What you do now, affects the “future”.
No, that's abortion.

Your philosophy in effect just killed every baby in the womb waiting to be born (future), and removed the twinkle in the eye of every parent who's love came before (past).

Like I said...along with the birds and the bees, you may want to know a little more about life before cutting out things you have failed to observe and understand to be true.

Ask.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No, that's abortion.

Your philosophy in effect just killed every baby in the womb waiting to be born (future), and removed the twinkle in the eye of every parent who's love came before (past).

Like I said...along with the birds and the bees, you may want to know a little more about life before cutting out things you have failed to observe and understand to be true.

Ask.
Babies aren’t born in the future, they are born in the present because the present is what is. Nothing is being “cut out”. Past and future are illusions, an illusion can’t be cut out because it’s simply not there. You are cutting out the present, the only moment where life happens. You may want to know a little more about life before cutting out things you have failed to observe to understand to be true.

Ask.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babies aren’t born in the future, they are born in the present because the present is what is. Nothing is being “cut out”. Past and future are illusions, an illusion can’t be cut out because it’s simply not there. You are cutting out the present, the only moment where life happens. You may want to know a little more about life before cutting out things you have failed to observe to understand to be true.

Ask.
Now you have denied the existence of pregnancy. I count three strikes.

I am not suggesting that there is past, present, and future, or that time is not an illusion. It is.

But the "now" philosophy does not properly define what actually "is." Instead, it simply takes its preferred slice out of the illusion and calls it real--when no--you even as much as said it: Time is an illusion. That is...past, now, and future, within the context of time, are all illusion. In which case, you are not qualified to take questions. Not even.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Now you have denied the existence of pregnancy. I count three strikes.

I am not suggesting that there is past, present, and future, or that time is not an illusion. It is.

But the "now" philosophy does not properly define what actually "is." Instead, it simply takes its preferred slice out of the illusion and calls it real--when no--you even as much as said it: Time is an illusion. That is...past, now, and future, within the context of time, are all illusion. In which case, you are not qualified to take questions. Not even.
Nobody denied the existence of pregnancy. That is just grasping at straws/reaching at this point.

The now is outside of time. Now is not a moment in time, time takes place in the now. In which case, you are not qualified to take questions. Not even.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
im actually kind floored by
Two out of three (past, now, future) ain't bad, but one out of three (now), no.

Time is even scientifically an illusion, nonetheless it ticks by and comes to an end, and then it's over. You know this. You may as well put your head down and shut out everything but the ground beneath your feet. Indeed, what you are [now] doing has no future. I am trying to be kind but truthful...but psychologically "now" thinking is just an escape from reality, and from what the future actually does or does not hold. Life is more than meets the eye, and your mind--our minds--that "filter" only operate at a fraction of what it's capable of. Now is only the first grade, and all of time only the third grade. Not a good place to stay.

If you want to know what life was and is actually meant to be about, pick your head up, take the blinders off, ask.
as i thought Scott had achieved Rom’s position, hmm

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody denied the existence of pregnancy. That is just grasping at straws/reaching at this point.

The now is outside of time. Now is not a moment in time, time takes place in the now. In which case, you are not qualified to take questions. Not even.
I said that pregnancy is the past of those who are born...and yes, having said so, you denied the past, therefore you denied pregnancy.

But hey, if you weren't tracking with me...that makes perfect sense. In any case, philosophy is not fact.

We're done here--for now. See you in the future.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I said that pregnancy is the past of those who are born...and yes, having said so, you denied the past, therefore you denied pregnancy.

But hey, if you weren't tracking with me...that makes perfect sense. In any case, philosophy is not fact.

We're done here--for now. See you in the future.
The past does not exist, so something that doesn’t exist cannot be denied.

Existence of your god is not a fact either.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The past does not exist? Are you unaware of everything that has happened prior to this moment???

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I asked you already how it is that you know these things, and you didn't answer.

Now you as much as call me a liar, saying my God "is not a fact", of which I know better. Indeed, my God is a fact.

So, I will ask you again: How would you know otherwise?

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I asked you already how it is that you know these things, and you didn't answer.

Now you as much as call me a liar, saying my God "is not a fact", of which I know better. Indeed, my God is a fact.

So, I will ask you again: How would you know otherwise?
If your god is a fact then so is the tooth fairy.

I know these things (as far as the now being all there is) because that’s the experience we all share. It’s just intuitive, it doesn’t need any books like a Bible for example. Everything that has occurred or will occur, takes place in the now. The past was a “now”. Tomorrow will still be “now”. You said it yourself that time is an illusion, Einstein has said the same thing.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The past does not exist? Are you unaware of everything that has happened prior to this moment???
Can you go into the past? Nothing has happened prior to this moment because this moment is all there is. We are talking about the past, right now. We are thinking of the future, right now. Now is all there is

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your god is a fact then so is the tooth fairy.

I know these things (as far as the now being all there is) because that’s the experience we all share. It’s just intuitive, it doesn’t need any books like a Bible for example. Everything that has occurred or will occur, takes place in the now. The past was a “now”. Tomorrow will still be “now”. You said it yourself that time is an illusion, Einstein has said the same thing.
Tour atheism doesn't disprove the existence of God. I was an atheist once myself -- until God revealed Himself to me. I hope that the same will happen to you so that you won't continue in your cynicism and negativity.

Claiming that the now being all there is something we all share is a joke. There are many, many people who know otherwise. (Notice that I said "know", not "believe").

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Tour atheism doesn't disprove the existence of God. I was an atheist once myself -- until God revealed Himself to me. I hope that the same will happen to you so that you won't continue in your cynicism and negativity.

Claiming that the now being all there is something we all share is a joke. There are many, many people who know otherwise. (Notice that I said "know", not "believe").
The tooth fairy also revealed itself to me. Therefore, the tooth fairy exists.

You don’t live in the now? What time is it right -now-?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The tooth fairy also revealed itself to me. Therefore, the tooth fairy exists.

You don’t live in the now? What time is it right -now-?
If you believe in the tooth fairy, then by all means do so. Even my grandchildren know better than you!

I can't say what time it is as I write this, as the time has changed since I started the sentence.

I really feel sorry for you in your smug self-delusion! I was once a cynical atheist like you but I thank God that He revealed Himself to me and overcame my ignorance. Your presence on a Christian forum indicates that you are, in your heart, searching for God.

Acts 17:26-28, "From one ancestor he made all peoples to inhabit the whole earth, and he allotted the times of their existence and the boundaries of the places where they would live, so that they would search for God and perhaps fumble about for him and find him—though indeed he is not far from each one of us. For ‘In him we live and move and have our being’; as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we, too, are his offspring.’

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If you believe in the tooth fairy, then by all means do so. Even my grandchildren know better than you!

I can't say what time it is as I write this, as the time has changed since I started the sentence.

I really feel sorry for you in your smug self-delusion! I was once a cynical atheist like you but I thank God that He revealed Himself to me and overcame my ignorance. Your presence on a Christian forum indicates that you are, in your heart, searching for God.

Acts 17:26-28, "From one ancestor he made all peoples to inhabit the whole earth, and he allotted the times of their existence and the boundaries of the places where they would live, so that they would search for God and perhaps fumble about for him and find him—though indeed he is not far from each one of us. For ‘In him we live and move and have our being’; as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we, too, are his offspring.’
You shouldn’t feel sorry for me, you should feel sorry for yourself. Christians such as yourself have an issue with smugness because they can’t stand being seen as a joke. It’s a bit of a taste of their own medicine-how they’re smug towards everyone else who isn’t Christian.

There is no god to search for, for God is all there is. All is God. Christianity is halfway there, but fragmented. Believing in God is like trying to believe in breathing. It is unnecessary because God is already what is.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You shouldn’t feel sorry for me, you should feel sorry for yourself. Christians such as yourself have an issue with smugness because they can’t stand being seen as a joke. It’s a bit of a taste of their own medicine-how they’re smug towards everyone else who isn’t Christian.

There is no god to search for, for God is all there is. All is God. Christianity is halfway there, but fragmented. Believing in God is like trying to believe in breathing. It is unnecessary because God is already what is.
You are getting closer! Keep on truckin'

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Closer to what? I basically already summed it all up
Any human being, including the insane, can make the statement that their reality is reality. You are getting closer to understanding God's truth in Christ. Keep on truckin'