If atheists get accused of taking verses out of context, how do we know fundamentalists making those accusations aren’t doing the same as well?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief is the arrogant man’s tool. He believes because he doesn’t know. Belief is a cover up for a deeper issue, a deeper fear. The moment you believe something-anything, you automatically create its opposite: doubt.

Doubt is not a sin, it is a sign of intelligence.

The believer has no doubt in the Scripture! As I've told you many times in the past, God has called man by faith, and by faith it will be.

Not believing is not good enough for you, you want to kill, steal, and destroy spiritually.

You know, Romanov, you're brave on a so-called Christian Forum at City Data, where the forums are ruled by Atheists and Agnostics, but not so talkative here.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You don't listen so well.

I didn't say I didn't like critical thinking, I do like it. In fact, you would do well to fully apply it. But no, I did not speak out against critical thinking, but the fact that it is based in doubt, and in your own application, it is indeed against God. Just listen to you projecting now that you are under a little pressure. Wow!

But no, I personally have not "built my entire life around a belief system"--not at all. I tried to tell you--I matter a factly told you, what I told you, I did not tell you I believe--but that I know. Thus, it is you rather who thinks "now the sunk-cost fallacy is setting in where it feels too late to pull out." More projection. Typical.

But what I told you is not typical. Yet you still do not listen.

You give off the impression that you dislike critical thinking so I’m making it easier for you to admit it if that’s the case. If you are unable to apply critical thinking to everything, then you’re biased and hypocritical.

You are now resorting to defense mechanisms by projecting that I’m projecting. I’m not the one who consider themselves a Christian here, you are. Maybe if I was also a Christian I would be projecting.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The believer has no doubt in the Scripture! As I've told you many times in the past, God has called man by faith, and by faith it will be.

Not believing is not good enough for you, you want to kill, steal, and destroy spiritually.

You know, Romanov, you're brave on a so-called Christian Forum at City Data, where the forums are ruled by Atheists and Agnostics, but not so talkative here.
I have never heard of City Data, you’re being delusional here.

I have nothing against spirituality, what I am against is bogus spirituality.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never heard of City Data, you’re being delusional here.

I have nothing against spirituality, what I am against is bogus spirituality.

I tried to verify the user name on City Data that I believe is yours, but can't without reregistering.

So I have no choice but to give you the benefit of doubt.

The old user name is similar to Romanov, I would know it if I seen it, but I can't.

If it is a case of mistaken identity, I certainly do apologize, but I have my doubts.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I tried to verify the user name on City Data that I believe is yours, but can't without reregistering.

So I have no choice but to give you the benefit of doubt.

The old user name is similar to Romanov, I would know it if I seen it, but I can't.

If it is a case of mistaken identity, I certainly do apologize, but I have my doubts.
God could be sending you all these Romanovs so you can realize how fast asleep you’ve been. I don’t know, he works in mysterious ways

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Romanov2488

Everywhere I go on the various Christian Forums online, my username is Charlie24.

In our recent conversation here I asked twice if we had met on City Data, with no response.

Now that the conversation has heated up somewhat, you respond that you don't know anything about City Data.

Can you explain this?

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
@Romanov2488

Everywhere I go on the various Christian Forums online, my username is Charlie24.

In our recent conversation here I asked twice if we had met on City Data, with no response.

Now that the conversation has heated up somewhat, you respond that you don't know anything about City Data.

Can you explain this?
I just thought it was funny watching a guy constantly go on about some other guy from City Data. Didn’t want to spoil the fun for myself. Leave things up to your imagination…to see if maybe you’d think God made you run into me yet again…

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just thought it was funny watching a guy constantly go on about some other guy from City Data. Didn’t want to spoil the fun for myself. Leave things up to your imagination…to see if maybe you’d think God made you run into me yet again…

Definitely sounds like the guy from City Data! Anyway I've made my points concerning this thread.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
@Romanov2488

Can you explain this?
“charlie24” is some kind of brand name, i guess?

Reactions: Charlie24

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone can claim they have the Holy Spirit in them.

Many Christians disagree on the “fundamentals”, actually. If you put a Catholic and Protestant in a room, they will have their own ideas of what is fundamental.
No, Catholocs and Prostestants agree on:
1. Inerancy of Scripture as divine inspiration
2. Diety of Christ
3. Trinity
4. Creation
5. Fall of mankind, original sin passed down to all and that we are all sinners
6. Substitutionary Atonement for sins by Christ
7. Heaven and Hell
8. Bodily ressurection of Christ
9. Second Coming
10. Miracles
11. Judgment Day
12. We are saved by Grace through Faith
13. We are the Temple of the Holy Spirit
14. Prayer
15. Romanov2448 is spiritually blind, lost

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, it's the Atheist garb that places doubt on everything. Romanov and his partner are here to kill the faith of anyone they can.

It's a planned attack on the faith of the unsuspecting. It's the work of Satan himself.
Iconoclast comes to mind, a breaker of images, and in this case Christianity and all that we hold dear.
My Dad was an atheist for most of his life; though he was brought up in an Italian, Catholic family with seven sisters, he turned away from God/Christianity at a very young age when his Dad died. At ten years old he knelt down and prayed to God to save his sick Dad who had TB (in 1940). God said no, so this boy's faith was shattered. Yet, he was on God's list.
He still lived by the many Christian principles, "Do onto others as you would have them do onto you"; " It is better to give than receive"; " Everything happens for the best". He exhibited fruit: kindness, goodness, patience, peace, joy, hope, etc. He was a loving father, hard worker and responsible. And he always said, "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything." So he never tried to dismantle anyone's faith, he just kept silent about it.
So what can we say about an atheist that exhibits all these qualities yet lacks faith in God? For one, these Biblical principles have permeated the world and they work and people live by them regardless if they believe or not. My Dad forgot where they came from, he actually believed that they evolved from civilization ... we just figured them out. I told him they came from the Bible and showed him. I also spent sometime studying the TOE, wrote a 30 page thesis on it and gave it to him so that he could see the flaws, fabricarions ... guesswork behind it. Still, it didn't work. Ten years ago I wrote a book about Christianity that covered all the basics. I chose 570 of the most powerful enlightening scriptures. He read it.
In his 80's just before death, he knelt down in prayer once again and made his peace with God.
So there is still hope for these atheists - especially if they are exhibiting what we would identify as fruit. I know, it seems backwards, as if God guided him, worked on his character and then saved him in the end. We would normally expect that only a Christian can bear fruit, be loving and kind, etc. Nope. "By their fruit you will know them" ( even if they haven't been saved yet).

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie24

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Iconoclast comes to mind, a breaker of images, and in this case Christianity and all that we hold dear.
My Dad was an atheist for most of his life; though he was brought up in an Italian, Catholic family with seven sisters, he turned away from God/Christianity at a very young age when his Dad died. At ten years old he knelt down and prayed to God to save his sick Dad who had TB (in 1940). God said no, so this boy's faith was shattered. Yet, he was on God's list.
He still lived by the many Christian principles, "Do onto others as you would have them do onto you"; " It is better to give than receive"; " Everything happens for the best". He exhibited fruit: kindness, goodness, patience, peace, joy, hope, etc. He was a loving father, hard worker and responsible. And he always said, "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything." So he never tried to dismantle anyone's faith, he just kept silent about it.
So what can we say about an atheist that exhibits all these qualities yet lacks faith in God? For one, these Biblical principles have permeated the world and they work and people live by them regardless if they believe or not. My Dad forgot where they came from, he actually believed that they evolved from civilization ... we just figured them out. I told him they came from the Bible and showed him. I also spent sometime studying the TOE, wrote a 30 page thesis on it and gave it to him so that he could see the flaws, fabricarions ... guesswork behind it. Still, it didn't work. Ten years ago I wrote a book about Christianity that covered all the basics. I chose 570 of the most powerful enlightening scriptures. He read it.
In his 80's just before death, he knelt down in prayer once again and made his peace with God.
So there is still hope for these atheists - especially if they are exhibiting what we would identify as fruit. I know, it seems backwards, as if God guided him, worked on his character and then saved him in the end. We would normally expect that only a Christian can bear fruit, be loving and kind, etc. Nope. "By their fruit you will know them" ( even if they haven't been saved yet).
“Do onto others as you would have others do onto you” is not monopolized by Christianity and is as such, not a Christian principle.

“There’s still hope for atheists” is also coming from a condescending place and then you wonder why some atheists can be very condescending.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Do onto others as you would have others do onto you” is not monopolized by Christianity and is as such, not a Christian principle.

“There’s still hope for atheists” is also coming from a condescending place and then you wonder why some atheists can be very condescending.

You have no idea of what you're talking about, Romanov!

Matt. 7:12

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."

This was said by Christ some 2000 years ago, it is the sum of God's Law given to Moses some 1500 years before that!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It all started with God, the Creator. He's got a monopoly on everything that is good, because He is the source.
And hope is a good thing.

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Well, it's quite clear that most Christians - not just Fundies - routinely take verses out of context. The gospel authors themselves started the trend when they created their religion. Pretending that Isa 7:14 is Messianic being just the most egregious example.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No, Catholocs and Prostestants agree on:
1. Inerancy of Scripture as divine inspiration
2. Diety of Christ
3. Trinity
4. Creation
5. Fall of mankind, original sin passed down to all and that we are all sinners
6. Substitutionary Atonement for sins by Christ
7. Heaven and Hell
8. Bodily ressurection of Christ
9. Second Coming
10. Miracles
11. Judgment Day
12. We are saved by Grace through Faith
13. We are the Temple of the Holy Spirit
14. Prayer
15. Romanov2448 is spiritually blind, lost
False. You can find a plethora of videos with Catholics or Protestants talking about how the others are heretics. Many Baptists consider Catholics to be idol worshippers and focused on works rather than faith.

You also forgot 16. Romanov2448 thinks both Protestants and Catholics are lost.

Here are a few videos straight from Catholic channels:

Tell me how much they agree with one another again?

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It all started with God, the Creator. He's got a monopoly on everything that is good, because He is the source.
And hope is a good thing.
Except you have no proof or evidence of such a god, other than mumbojumbo, goal post moving, mental gymnastics.

God is literally Santa Claus for adults.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Belief is the arrogant man’s tool. He believes because he doesn’t know. Belief is a cover up for a deeper issue, a deeper fear. The moment you believe something-anything, you automatically create its opposite: doubt.

Doubt is not a sin, it is a sign of intelligence.
again, you don't have the Holy Spirit, sorry, 'cause you don't feel it, the Holy Spirit as you're not a Christian, you didn't try

Reactions: Wrangler