If it doesn't belong to you please put it back

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
;)
Some of the saints in this Eschatology & Prophecy forum have cut 'n pasted Daniel 9:27, moving it from its 1st century context and dropping it into the end of this Age.

Others have highlighted the millennium with their mouse and dragged it into this Age, putting it in a folder titled "sci-fi time of 1,000 years = (maybe) 2,000+ lunar years or (maybe) 2,000+ solar years or (maybe) spiritual time = no time = 1,000 years = 2,000+ years.

Still others have made it their hobby to highlight and drag a whole lot of already-fulfilled Old Testament prophecies out of their historical Old Testament context and drop it into a folder titled "the end of the Age".

Honestly, all this cutting 'n pasting and dragging of prophecies around all over time has got me totally confused as to where the Olivet Discourse belongs. Can everyone please be nice and put things back where you found them? ;)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
f1cf9458801058c4d0e4f0bd71053c8a.jpg

I think it's all back now. I need another cup of coffee!!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL @marks

I’m beginning to think it’s better for me to stay off the Prophecy threads because it seems no one agrees with anyone else. Good grief… and to think that God is not the author of confusion. o_O jb
I wouldn't say no one, but there is a lot of disagreement. Personally I think it's got more to do with how we understand Israel than anything else.

Much love!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
;)
Some of the saints in this Eschatology & Prophecy forum have cut 'n pasted Daniel 9:27, moving it from its 1st century context and dropping it into the end of this Age.

Others have highlighted the millennium with their mouse and dragged it into this Age, putting it in a folder titled "sci-fi time of 1,000 years = (maybe) 2,000+ lunar years or (maybe) 2,000+ solar years or (maybe) spiritual time = no time = 1,000 years = 2,000+ years.

Still others have made it their hobby to highlight and drag a whole lot of already-fulfilled Old Testament prophecies out of their historical Old Testament context and drop it into a folder titled "the end of the Age".

Honestly, all this cutting 'n pasting and dragging of prophecies around all over time has got me totally confused as to where the Olivet Discourse belongs. Can everyone please be nice and put things back where you found them? ;)
I noticed too.

Reactions: Zao is life

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
;)

The Beast/Man Of Sin/Little Horn/The Antichrist, will be in Jerusalem making abomination and desolation to the (Consummation) the (Ultimate End)

Your claim this event belongs in the 1st century is in "Error", read the definition of "Consummation" over and over, it's a future event unfulfilled, that takes place in Jerusalem, and it's not the consummation of the "age" as you have suggested in another thread

That being poured upon the desolate below is Gods cup of wrath Revelation 14:10 (The End)

Merriam-Webster
Definition of consummation

1: the act of consummating the consummation of a contract by mutual signaturespecifically : the consummating of a marriage

2: the ultimate end : FINISH

Daniel 9:5-27KJV
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
LOL @marks

I’m beginning to think it’s better for me to stay off the Prophecy threads because it seems no one agrees with anyone else. Good grief… and to think that God is not the author of confusion. o_O jb
I wouldn't say no one, but there is a lot of disagreement. Personally I think it's got more to do with how we understand Israel than anything else.

Much love!
goats butt heads, i think?

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Beast/Man Of Sin/Little Horn/The Antichrist, will be in Jerusalem making abomination and desolation to the (Consummation) the (Ultimate End)

Your claim this event belongs in the 1st century is in "Error", read the definition of "Consummation" over and over, it's a future event unfulfilled, that takes place in Jerusalem, and it's not the consummation of the "age" as you have suggested in another thread

That being poured upon the desolate below is Gods cup of wrath Revelation 14:10 (The End)

Merriam-Webster
Definition of consummation

1: the act of consummating the consummation of a contract by mutual signaturespecifically : the consummating of a marriage

2: the ultimate end : FINISH

Daniel 9:5-27KJV
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
@marks I need some more coffee. Do you have any to spare?
Truth7t7 Please put the fence back. This was a joke and you weren't supposed to take a fence and drag it to where it doesn't belong either.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to elaborate on how someone tries to apply OT prophecies as end-time prophecies, because a lot of them were only partially fulfilled in the OT period. The books that were written by prophets were written as prophecy for the future. There is a reason why Paul taught in Heb. 4 that the people who reject the Sabbath will fail to make it in God's Kingdom like the ancient Israelites who rebelled against the Sabbath in the wilderness failed to make it into the Promised Land.

Prophetic duality is a constantly running theme in the Bible. Just because a prophecy appear in the OT, it doesn't mean it was strictly for the OT period. A lot of prophecies in the OT concerns this very period of time, the Millennium, and beyond the Millennium, so it's not wise to attribute every prophecy in that section as being completely fulfilled. A lot of people have little to no understanding of end-time prophecy because they assume every OT prophecy was only for that period.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
From what I hear they don't agree any more than we do!

;)
ha no, never heard any two agreeing per se, but the spirit is just different? Like they dont even expect to come to agreement, yet at the same time they dont exactly disagree, either? Took a few hours for me to notice, even, as they might get as heated as we do, sometimes, but they dont seem to have a division like we inevitably seem to

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
goats butt heads, i think?
And the end result for any of those butting goats no matter which side of the argument he is on is...?

"And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left." Matt 25:33

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" Matt 25:41