If our interpretation of scripture sidesteps common sense, did we get it right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If our interpretation of scripture sidesteps common sense, did we get it right?

/

Your question proves that this verse.....>"the scriptures are spiritually discerned", is not a part of your religion.

"God is A Spirit".

CHRISTianity, is spiritual.

The Bible is a Spiritual book, not a book that is comprehended by scientific analysis.

People who are trying to figure God out, are always coming to the knowledge of the truth, and can go no farther, as it takes FAITH to step into God's Life.

Look at the verse, reader...

the world <>>>>((((by wisdom))))<<>>>>>> knew not God,... for it pleased God by the ......foolishness of preaching..,,, to save those who
= believe.

You can't KNOW GOD by wisdom... = by analysis.

This is why science Rejects God.
This is what creates Atheists.

See, its often the fact that really smart people, want to create God in their image of Him, and this is impossible so that precludes them from believing BY FAITH.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Learner

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question proves that this verse.....>"the scriptures are spiritually discerned", is not a part of your religion.

"God is A Spirit".

CHRISTianity, is spiritual.

The Bible is a Spiritual book, not a book that is comprehended by scientific analysis.
So, you are claiming that your "spiritually discerned" interpretations violate common sense?

I agree that "spiritually discerned" interpretations are usually not the natural view, but that they violate common sense?
Not sure that holds water. Is God the promoter of nonsense?

Sure, the gospel seems like foolishness to those who are perishing. But beyond that, all nonsense? Really?

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't KNOW GOD by wisdom... = by analysis.

This is why science Rejects God.
This is what creates Atheists.
Two ways to look at that, I suppose.
Your way... and what it looks from their perspective.

Does God really require us to abandon all cognitive reality to follow him?
I don't think we have to do that. Maybe the church got it wrong and there is a balance to be had.

/

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, you are claiming that your "spiritually discerned" interpretations violate common sense?

Paul teaches that the word of God is "Spiritually Discerned".

So, "logic" is not spiritual discernment, as i explained to you regarding your misguided religious approach to the things of God that obviously account for your continued confusion that is the driving force for your redundant Threads that never offer any spiritual insight but just seek to annoy.

You do tho try to sound logical..
I'll give you that.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Does God really require us to abandon all cognitive reality to follow him?

God is not interested in you following Him, as you think.
He's interested in you obeying Him from your heart, according to this starting point.

A.) Jesus said.. "YOU.. must, be born again"..

From there, you go to Hebrews 13:9....and you do what it says.. everyday, till you meet Jesus.

Then you go to Romans 3:21-28 and learn it as your foundational faith.

Then you go to 2 Corinthians 5:19 and Romans 4:8, and believe it.

And as you STUDY and you'll find that God will meet you.

If you will do this, @St. SteVen ..... then you will finally be able to escape from your opinion as your God.. and Hebrews 6:1
And not before.

Now, noone else here can share that with you.
And if you'll take a little time and follow that Spiritual map.......and i dont mean ... 5 mins.. read it, and come back with lame sarcasm.
As if that is all you can elevate to, then you'll never be able to surpass yourself.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not interested in you following Him, as you think.
He's interested in you obeying Him from your heart, according to this starting point.

A.) Jesus said.. "YOU.. must, be born again"..

From there, you go to Hebrews 13:9....and you do what it says.. everyday, till you meet Jesus.

Then you go to Romans 3:21-28 and learn it as your foundational faith.

Then you go to 2 Corinthians 5:19 and Romans 4:8, and believe it.

And as you STUDY and you'll find that God will meet you.

If you will do this, @St. SteVen ..... then you will finally be able to escape from your opinion as your God.. and Hebrews 6:1
And not before.

Now, noone else here can share that with you.
And if you'll take a little time and follow that Spiritual map.......and i dont mean ... 5 mins.. read it, and come back with lame sarcasm.
As if that is all you can elevate to, then you'll never be able to surpass yourself.
You assume I have not been born again? - LOL

So, no joy in a relationship with God, then?
Just this oppressive yoke of drudgery you pedal?
Where's the grace in that?

Acts 15:10 NIV
Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles
a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear?

/

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You assume I have not been born again? - LOL

Here is the reality.... @St. SteVen

You dont post or THread about God's Love.
You don't post or Thread about the wonder of : The Cross of Christ.
You dont post about your love of God or your love of Jesus.
Want to do it now, and fake it?
A.) You're too late.

See your last 50 Threads for the UPDATE on what you are, and who you are.....

also...
You dont post about being a new creation in Christ.
You dont post about the goodness of God.

Your posts are always negative, and often insulting to the bible, to God, ...., as they are click bait ideas that try to Troll Christians.
Even the Mods know this about you... and thats a fact.
So, as youve regurgitated this same carnal routine for so many months here..... then why would i believe you are anything but a self righteous heretic, based on what you POST.?

Listen little one, Christian FRUIT is not to assault the bible or God or anything related to it.
Christianity is not trying to prove that if you can't Logically understand The Cross, The Christ, then "isn't that messed up"?

See it yet, as its why you exist on this Forum, and for no other reason are you here.

You're just one more Troll trying to be annoying and "sound smart".

A.) you failed, and you'll fail again.

So, no joy in a relationship with God, then?

There is no Joy in a relationship with God if you are dont understand how that is meant to be., and how that is offered by God.
So, that's on you @St. SteVen

Just this oppressive yoke of drudgery you pedal?

I teach how to stop this....>"sin, confess, repeat".
So, that's the cure of "drudgery", related to broken faith and a failed discipleship.

Where's the grace in that?

God's Grace isn't the issue.
The issue is your completely wrong understanding of God's Grace.

Acts 15:10 NIV
Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles
a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear?

You need to see @Ronald Nolette for that teaching.
Or @Episkopos

Or similar Calvinist's who are trying to stay saved.

I dont teach that Cross denying nonsense, that insult's God's Grace.

Last edited:

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul teaches that the word of God is "Spiritually Discerned".

So, "logic" is not spiritual discernment, as i explained to you regarding your misguided religious approach to the things of God that obviously account for your continued confusion that is the driving force for your redundant Threads that never offer any spiritual insight but just seek to annoy.

You do tho try to sound logical..
I'll give you that.
We are not to reject logic, reason and intelligence and replace it with some mystical, nebulous view of God's word. There is no substance or certainty in that. It is contrary to the very word of God about logic, intelligence and reasonableness.

"As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:" (1Pet 2:2 KJV)

In this verse, "word" is the Greek "logikos", which Strong's defines: "From G3056; rational (“logical”):—reasonable, of the word." The Douay translates the verse thus: "As newborn babes, desire the rational milk without guile, that thereby you may grow unto salvation:" (1Pet 2:2 DRC)

The Greek "logikos" is used only twice in the NT, the other being: "I call upon you, therefore, brethren, through the compassions of God, to present your bodies a sacrifice--living, sanctified, acceptable to God--your intelligent/logikos service;" (Rom 12:1 YLT)

When you divorce "spiritual insight" from the rational, logical statements of God's word you end up with what 'you' think, instead of what God's word states!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to see @Ronald Nolette for that teaching.
Or @Episkopos

Or similar Calvinist's who are trying to stay saved.

I dont teach that Cross denying nonsense, that insult's God's Grace.
AAH! Once again you can't help lying about your brethren and slandering them with untruths!

I am saved and will stay saved forever thanks ot the blood of Jesus.

I do not nor does God or His Word go for your false doctrine of that the moment you get saved you have to remain sinlessly perfect or you were never saved to begin with.

But once again I am still waiting for you to take the five points that have been dubbed "the five points of Calvinism" (in answer to the five point of Jacob Armenius at the Council of Dort) and show by Scripture why each one is demonic as you have accused them to be.

• Love

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But once again I am still waiting for you to take the five points t

You are here to talk about your Calvinism obsession, again??

You should find a ministry that does not make the Devil proud.

Thats a fact, @Ronald Nolette.

See, Satan created Calvinism, and this cult theology that denies the Cross, and insults the Grace of God..., causes people like you to believe that Calvinism, is Christianity.

Its not?

See, God is not a Calvinist.
Jesus is not a Calvinist.
The Apostle Paul is not a Calvinist.
The NT does not teach Calvinism.

And i have a verse for you, that John Calvinism teaches is a Lie. (among other NT Verses that Calvinism denies.).

Its not just John 3:16, that John Calvinism teaches is a lie, but John 3:17 also, and for the same reason.
See, in both cases these verses teach that Jesus came for us ALL....to save us ALL...>"that Jesus came to save sinners", and not just the "pre-destined" to be saved, that Calvinism teaches as one of its many lies.

Notice John 3:17.

"""For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the WORLD through JESUS might be Saved".

So, this is the NT, clarifying as it always does, that "Jesus came to save SINNERS".. = "world".

""ALL"""

"THE WORLD" of them...

Yet, Calvinism, says these verses are lying.. Calvinism teaches that Jesus didn't come for the WORLD.... He only came for the "pre-destined"..

So, This is the worst Lie of Calvinism that His deceived disciples teach, as this Lie denies the purpose of JESUS on the Cross.
And that utter Blasphemy against the Cross of Christ..... is a BIG DEAL.
Big.
Really.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are here to talk about your Calvinism obsession, again??

You should find a ministry that does not make the Devil proud.

Thats a fact, @Ronald Nolette.

See, Satan created Calvinism, and this cult theology that denies the Cross, and insults the Grace of God..., causes people like you to believe that Calvinism, is Christianity.
And for all your bluster and accussing the "five points of Calvinism" are Satan inspired and demonic, you cannot even give any biblical evidence to rebut teh five points.

Truly sad.

You are like a dark cloud with no rain on a drought stricken land.
See, God is not a Calvinist.
Jesus is not a Calvinist.
The Apostle Paul is not a Calvinist.
The NT does not teach Calvinism.
And all you can do is make allegations but skirt providing any evidence to support your slandering others.
Its not just John 3:16, that John Calvinism teaches is a lie, but John 3:17 also, and for the same reason.
See, in both cases these verses teach that Jesus came for us ALL....to save us ALL...>"that Jesus came to save sinners", and not just the "pre-destined" to be saved, that Calvinism teaches as one of its many lies.
And where exactly do0es Calvin declare John 3:16 a lie? Or is this just another allegation for which you cannot prove?
So, this is the NT, clarifying as it always does, that "Jesus came to save SINNERS".. = "world".

""ALL"""
Does that make you a universalist then? this line of yours declares you to be a universalist, but yet one cannot ever be saved according to your theology if they commit a sin.
Yet, Calvinism, says these verses are lying.. Calvinism teaches that Jesus didn't come for the WORLD.... He only came for the "pre-destined"..

So, This is the worst Lie of Calvinism that His deceived disciples teach, as this Lie denies the purpose of JESUS on the Cross.
And that utter Blasphemy against the Cross of Christ..... is a BIG DEAL.
Well I cannot speak to all of Calvins teachings, but I do know the "five points "well. According to your reasoning then one must draw these conclusions:

You believe in free will so a mans will can override Gods Will at times.

Gods cannot know the future for if He does whether one believes in free will or predestination, God knows who will or will not be saved and thus only apply the atonement to those who He knows will be saved!

or

God doesn't know the future and must wait until a person decides to get saved or not before He knows they will be saved. And according to your theology if one professes Christ and trusts in HIs death and resurrection yet commits one sin after that event, they were never saved to begin with.

PPoor Poor behold trapped in bondage opf fear and must deny that he still has his flesh nature doing battle with the divine nature within. And instead of rejoicing knowing God is merciful and patient, lives in dread of one sin! So you must redefine sin so you will not be guilty of it.

• Love

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And for all your bluster and accussing the "five points of Calvinism" are Satan inspired and demonic, you cannot even give any biblical evidence to rebut teh five points.

See my over 300 Threads for the "rebut" of Satanic Calvinism.

See, John 3:16, and John 3:17, for a "rebut " of Satanic Calvinis
And where exactly do0es Calvin declare John 3:16 a lie?

Calvinism, states that some are predestined to believe, and that means that because God causes this, according to Calvin's Satanic Theologhy.... then it also means that God causes others not to be predestined to believe.
This simply means that God chooses some for Hell by not predestining them to believe in Christ and go to Heaven.
And that is a Satanic Lie, and you are that one., @Ronald Nolette

Now, if you have a bible, and you read John 3:16 and 17, it says that Jesus came to the Cross for the "WORLD" (everyone)..

Not just the "elect" who are "pre-destined".. as Satanic Calvinism teaches, that you teach.

So, let me post Calvin's John 3:16,.

"For God so loves only the pre-destined elect, that He Gave Jesus only to the Pre-destined elect, by Limiting the Atonement, The Cross of
Christ, to only the predestined Elect".

And the reason YOU can't you comprehend this @Ronald Nolette , and will now come and post a Hyper-Calvinism response that proves your mind is utterly Calvinised... = is the Satanic effect of the DECEPTION that Calvin Creates in HIS Disciples like you.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See my over 300 Threads for the "rebut" of Satanic Calvinism.

See, John 3:16, and John 3:17, for a "rebut " Satanic Calvinism
No I will not do your work for you- you made the allegations, now put your big boy pants on and show on this thread why they are demonic by Scripture.
Now, if you have a bible, and you read John 3:16 and 17, it says that Jesus came to the Cross for the WORLD.

Not just the "elect" who are "pre-destined".. as Satanic Calvinism teaches, that you teach.

So, let me post Calvin's John 3:16,.

You write this way because you fail to know how grammar works. John 3:16 is a generic statement. It is a simple statement of fact and has nothing to do with the hows of one comes to believe. If you knew basic grammar you would know that.
\
As for John 3:17? I agree with it 100% Jesus came to save the lost (of which all are) but you also forget John 3:36 where Jesus openly condemns people who do not believe and Matt. 7:

Matthew 7:13-14

King James Version

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Is Jesus contradicitng HImself or are you just being extremely myopic and not putting all Scripture together to get the full answer
? I am convinced it is the latter.
"For God so loves only the pre-destined elect, that He Gave Jesus only to the Pre-destined elect, by Limiting the Atonement, The Cross of
Christ, to only the predestined Elect".

Why can't you comprehend this @Ronald Nolette , and will now come and post a response that proves your mind that is Calvinised.... is the effect of the DECEPTION that Calvin Creates in Disciples like you.
Well I do not comprehend your newest rewrite of Scripture because it is not SCripture.

So we all await you finding your biblical rebuttal to the five points of Calvinism as demonic. It is your job to prove your allegations and accusations. If you refuse that speaks lots to your character and honor.

But I know you do not believe that faith oin jesus alone and in His death and resurrection as the payment for ones sin is not enough to save anybody! You said so yourself when you declared to all on these threads that ifone commits ONE sin after he places faith in Chrit, they were never saved to begin with. That makes O saved since Pentecost I guess.

• Love

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No I will not do your work for you- you made the allegations, now put your big boy pants on and show on this thread why they are demonic by Scripture.

You can't spiritually discern the word of God, but you can be a fall boy for Calvin's Satanic Theology.
That's all you have for what 35-40- yrs now?
To be Calvin's Disciple?
Well, you've made the Devil proud, and you'll do it again.

See....= "Calvin's Deciple"....is a deceived person, who is Calvin's puppet, a TOOL< under Calvinism mind control.

That's you

You write this way because you fail to know how grammar works. John 3:16 is a generic statement.

Yes, Calvin teaches that all verse that say that """"""Jesus came into the WORLD to save sinners""""".

Like, John 3:16 and 17.

Or a verse where Jesus says... "If i be lifted up, (on the Cross) i will draw ALL people to to me".

So, see "WORLD, and ALL"?

Calvin said..>"no, that is not what that means... " It means "only the pre-destined".. It does not mean that Jesus came for "ALL who will believe".

So, as i told you @Ronald Nolette , you mind is controlled by that Devil's Theology.

He's a DEVIL, and he owns your MIND, and that is why you are here
on a Christian trying to prove HIM.. CALVINS...= His Theology.

Listen little man... God makes CHRISTians... and Calvin makes CALVINISTS..

Understand yet?

And You are now correcting clear NT verses with Lying CALVINISM.

Listen....Its a "mental" situation you have with Calvinism, as that is what it does to your MIND.

And you'll keep proving it.

• Haha

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

So much for common sense in regard to the wisdom of the world. (1 Corinthians 2:11-14)
We are seeing it today....

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't spiritually discern the word of God, but you can be a fall boy for Calvin's Satanic Theology.
That's all you have for what 35-40- yrs now?
To be Calvin's Disciple?
Well, you've made the Devil proud, and you'll do it again.

See....= "Calvin's Deciple"....is a deceived person, who is Calvin's puppet, a TOOL< under Calvinism mind control.
Once again , when confronted to prove your slanderous allegations, all you can resort to is name calling and beating strawmen of your won creation.
Or a verse where Jesus says... "If i be lifted up, (on the Cross) i will draw ALL people to to me".

So, see "WORLD, and ALL"?
Now go do a linguistic word study. And learn what all means here. So you are a universalist then!
Calvin said..>"no, that is not what that means... " It means "only the pre-destined".. It does not mean that Jesus came for "ALL who will believe".

So, as i told you @Ronald Nolette , you mind is controlled by that Devil's Theology.

He's a DEVIL, and he owns your MIND, and that is why you are here
on a Christian trying to prove HIM.. CALVINS...= His Theology.

Listen little man... God makes CHRISTians... and Calvin makes CALVINISTS..

Understand yet?

And You are now correcting clear NT verses with Lying CALVINISM.

Listen....Its a "mental" situation you have with Calvinism, as that is what it does to your MIND.
Once again when confronted to prove your allegations, instead of acting with honor and godly character, you can only name call and create strawmen to beat on. The tools of the defeated.

• Love

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Once again , when confronted to prove your slanderous allegations,

Its a pathetic situation you are in., @Ronald Nolette

You are now reduced to twisting New Testament verses, and denying them in your posts..., so that your Calvinism obsession can keep on going.

John Calvinism has you denying the New Testament Itself... just like HIM.

See yourself yet?

Now go do a linguistic word study. And learn what all means here. So you are a universalist then!

Listen, universalism, which you also can't comprehend, teaches that Because God was in Christ, '"not counting sin's against the WORLD", then this means that everyone is already saved.

But that is not true.
Why not?
Its because Redemption is already given through the Cross of Christ = , but its based on a REQUIREMENT.

You have to "OBEY the Gospel". = And what is that?

You have to BELIEVE IT...

"as many as BELIEVE".. "God gives to them the POWER to become as Son/Daughter of God".

The Requirement is... "All that BELIEVE".. = "their FAITH is counted as (Christ's) Righteousness.:""::