If the law was abolished at the cross...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
StanJ said:
That would be a false accusation but that's fine I'm used to it from you.
Are you calling me a liar, Stan?
I believe that might be against the rules...

But, no worries. I'm not one to hit the report button at every opportunity.

Honestly, Stan, I am asking you nicely, for the second time today...please leave me alone.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
Only about two thirds of the teachings of Jesus Christ...but that was to be expected, of course.

Oh, and you never did answer the last exchange between you and I...you know...the one where you had me riding a jackass?

Next, you'll be trying to involve my sweet little doggy. He might not bite....but I wouldn't be so sure about his mistress.

Gosh, that was fun!

NEXT??????
So where'd the jackass take you?

I nissed 2/3 the teachings of Jesus? Well, you know.... If everything he did was written....

2/3 in regards to what? In regards to how much you post? Well the last time you accused me of ignoring Jesus i did an on the spot survey and foubd i quoted him twice in one post and you didn't at all in the two posts around mine.

Another thing is that I've referenced his teaching and it either went over your head or you ignored it.

Now concerning the high horse and the jackass. You've gotten upset at me and others but you don't see yourself as guilty. I even reminded you of the moat in the eye (jesus taught that, by the way... But he was talking about a mote. Not a moat which surrounds castles and is filled with alligators and sharks).

So don't complain when you are doing the same thing. Make your doggy proud and end the cycle.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
Are you calling me a liar, Stan?

But, no worries. I'm not one to hit the report button at every opportunity.
Honestly, Stan, I am asking you nicely, for the second time today...please leave me alone.
Are you baiting me?

No problem...stop addressing my posts and I'll do likewise, or are you the kind of woman who always has to have the last word.
BTW that was rhetorical, it does NOT require an answer.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
FHII said:
So where'd the jackass take you?
My little jackass follows after a Jewish carpenter, FHII.

I nissed 2/3 the teachings of Jesus? Well, you know.... If everything he did was written....

2/3 in regards to what? In regards to how much you post? Well the last time you accused me of ignoring Jesus i did an on the spot survey and foubd i quoted him twice in one post and you didn't at all in the two posts around mine.
2/3 in regard to His repeated insistence on obedience, FHII. Jesus very plainly says, right out loud, that if we love Him, we will obey His commands. I don't understand how so many people seem to miss that.
Do you think Jesus is too "nice" to insist that we submit to His laws? Just ask those guys who set up shop at the Temple during one Passover week...they could tell you what happened when the Lord suddenly appeared in His temple, as Malachi had predicted...
As much as we love Him, we must never let ourselves forget...Jesus is Lord. He is our Master...not the other way around.

Another thing is that I've referenced his teaching and it either went over your head or you ignored it.
That may or may not be true...I'd need more information than you're giving here. I'm sure I miss all sorts of posts directed at me, particularly in the past month or so. I've been very, very sick, FHII...I spent some time in the hospital with a very dangerous case of pnuemonia. Perhaps the posts you are talking about were among them? Or maybe I just missed them. I mean, I do have a life outside of this forum, you know. I never intended to ignore you...you are a favorite of mine. But...well, you aren't nearly as important as the grandkids...or the jackass, or even the little doggie...

Now concerning the high horse and the jackass. You've gotten upset at me and others but you don't see yourself as guilty. I even reminded you of the moat in the eye (jesus taught that, by the way... But he was talking about a mote. Not a moat which surrounds castles and is filled with alligators and sharks).
:rolleyes: I wasn't going to correct your spelling, FHII. I used to do that, but I quickly learned that people get upset when they are called on spelling mistakes, so I quit doing it.
Anyway, I'm not "upset" with you, FHII. Frustrated, perhaps, maybe even mildly annoyed...but not "upset". I just really do not think you are stupid.

And I'm quite sure that folks get "upset" with me...especially those who are committed to the idea that the law has been "done away".
I've never been able to figure out...if there is no more law, then how is there still sin? Isn't sin the transgression of the law? How do you transgress a law that doesn't exist? And if there is no sin, because there is no law...what do we need grace for?

If Jesus were going to take the law away, why didn't He just do that in the first place? He didn't need to die to do that...after all, He is God, isn't He?

So don't complain when you are doing the same thing. Make your doggy proud and end the cycle.
My sweet little doggie knows a great deal more about obedience than most Christians. I can give him the run of the yard, with no fence, and he does not stray a foot outside of his boundary...will not even wander into the front yard, which is off limits to him because of the road out front.
He loves to chase a ball, and will bring it back every time, in the hope that you will throw it again.
He knows all the basic tricks, such as "shake hands" or "roll over"...although, when he rolls over he expects a belly rub. He can also dance, talk to me, and knows how to find his lost toy by following "hot" and "cold" hints. People stop to watch this, in the summer time, when someone has thrown the ball from the above ground pool in the backyard, and he did not track it...remember, he only has the one eye, so sometimes it is a wee bit difficult for him.
And I'll tell you something else. My little guy knows more about love than most humans.
You've never really been loved, until you've been loved by a good dog.
Humans don't really know how to love unconditionally the way a dog does...

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
StanJ said:
Are you baiting me?
No...but it would serve you right if someone were to play your own game on you for a change.

No problem...stop addressing my posts and I'll do likewise, or are you the kind of woman who always has to have the last word.
BTW that was rhetorical, it does NOT require an answer.
Evidently, you are the kind of guy who thinks that he ought to have the last word. I wonder why????

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
Evidently, you are the kind of guy who thinks that he ought to have the last word. I wonder why????
Because you keep responding. Every time you respond to one of my posts I'm going to reply back. If you REALLY don't want me to talk to you or discuss things with you then stop replying to my posts.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Tropical Islander said:
Hey The Barrd, you're fighting a good fight. I just discovered an article on that subject that did teach me a few new details i never saw before, very interesting: Antinomianism - http://www.gracevalley.org/sermon_trans/1995/antinomianism.html
Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words, Islander.
And thank you for sending me the link to that fascinating article.

God bless you.