If the trinity is not true

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
I was thinking today how sad it is for those who don't believe in the trinity. One-day when they grasp this / are completely sold on the idea, I doubt they will stay Christians.

If the trinity is not true:

1. John 3:16 'For God so loved the world'. Should read 'For God found someone to love the world'.

2. 1 John 14:8 'God is love'. Should read 'God is not love'. As true love is John 15:13.

3. Worshipping Jesus would be breaking the first commandment.

4. We would doubt the truthfulness of what the Holy Spirit teaches us.

5. We would not feel very special / care much for serving God. He can't be bothered to die for us. He gets some random unlucky fella to die for us and then demands we die to self? He sends a random spirit to teach us? Can't be bothered to teach us?

I don't believe there is a need to post more. These 5 points alone show how we can take so many scriptures and just throw them out if the trinity is not true. Every scripture on God being good, just and loving will be doubted for starters. Exactly what the devil would want.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Than one could say, that if it where true we would worship the Holy Spirit too, I know of no one who does???And I have no idea what the first too sentences
1. John 3:16 'For God so loved the world'. Should read 'For God found someone to love the world'.

2. 1 John 14:8 'God is love'. Should read 'God is not love'. As true love is John 15:13.
have to do with teh trinity.

19DuggarFan

Jul 8, 2015
I have always love the following OT passage in which the Word (Jesus) speak of His first coming:
16) Come ye near to Me, hear ye this: I have not spoken in secret, from the beginning, from the time that it was, there Am I; and now the Lord GOD, and His Spirit, hath sent Me.
17) Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I Am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
Isaiah 48:16-17
For in this passage we see the Father and the Holy Spirit have send the Word into the world that is the complete Godhead/Trinity