If you could change something in your past, would you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know for myself.

My biggest failure in life, God took that and made good out of it. So I don't think I would change that.

I do wish I had opted out of college because that was not the right decision for me. I only went because it was expected, not because of my own desires. A lot of mental health issues manifested around that time because I was fighting myself on that.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know for myself.

My biggest failure in life, God took that and made good out of it. So I don't think I would change that.

I do wish I had opted out of college because that was not the right decision for me. I only went because it was expected, not because of my own desires. A lot of mental health issues manifested around that time because I was fighting myself on that.
No, I absolutely would not. I trust that God has given my life the best pathway I could have, even the most horrible seeming things. All for a reason!

Much love!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The only thing I would change would be, to come to faith in Christ at a much younger age.
Likewise, I wish I was born into a genuine Christian family. Then I would have a much better, peaceful, blessed life rather than being blinded and unwise with regrets and cursed being lost in the world or not a learned Christian, following worldly lies and doing wrong things, being without a Sheppard but luckily afterwards I began to be in the fold. That being said, I wouldn't say I want different parents, just parents who are (genuine) Christians, they still have good traits, my mom is extraordinarily amazing! My dad is nice and still cares about us and is vulnerable but he has his sin in the past. We're all fallen and lost without God. I've been almost cured of social anxiety relating to eye contact with people though and I feel that God is probably going to heal me fully because there's something out there that sounds very promising that is natural.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Likewise, I wish I was born into a genuine Christian family. Then I would have a much better, peaceful, blessed life rather than being blinded and unwise with regrets and cursed being lost in the world or not a learned Christian, following worldly lies and doing wrong things, being without a Sheppard but luckily afterwards I began to be in the fold. That being said, I wouldn't say I want different parents, just parents who are (genuine) Christians, they still have good traits, my mom is extraordinarily amazing! My dad is nice and still cares about us and is vulnerable but he has his sin in the past. We're all fallen and lost without God. I've been almost cured of social anxiety relating to eye contact with people though and I feel that God is probably going to heal me fully because there's something out there that sounds very promising that is natural.
"Genuine" being key :)
But then look at the parable of the vineyard - Matthew 20:1–16 ,I would post it but, it is kind of long.
This particular parable brings me hope and comfort. Here is a simple definition I found of those verses:

"The parable has often been interpreted to mean that even those who are converted late in life earn equal rewards along with those converted early, and also that people who convert early in life need not feel jealous of those later converts."

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Genuine" being key :)
But then look at the parable of the vineyard - Matthew 20:1–16 ,I would post it but, it is kind of long.
This particular parable brings me hope and comfort. Here is a simple definition I found of those verses:

"The parable has often been interpreted to mean that even those who are converted late in life earn equal rewards along with those converted early, and also that people who convert early in life need not feel jealous of those later converts."
interesting Nancy! I never understood that scripture and I have read the NT many times! Thank you.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to say that my mind often goes in the pattern of.... "I wish I'd done this different.... maybe my son would still be alive." But I know that's a trap. I know I always did all I knew to do and God is still God and He still turns everything for good when we are serving Him. I trust He always has our best at heart. And I'll see my son again.❤️

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to say that my mind often goes in the pattern of.... "I wish I'd done this different.... maybe my son would still be alive." But I know that's a trap. I know I always did all I knew to do and God is still God and He still turns everything for good when we are serving Him. I trust He always has our best at heart. And I'll see my son again.❤️
Hey T!
Yes, you will see your little guy again. He was such a doll. And yes, it IS a trap; if only I did or didn't do this or that can drive you mad! We are where God has us and wants us to be.
Miss seeing you around! Although I do know you are busy helping other victims, God bless your heart!!
xoxoxo

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey T!
Yes, you will see your little guy again. He was such a doll. And yes, it IS a trap; if only I did or didn't do this or that can drive you mad! We are where God has us and wants us to be.
Miss seeing you around! Although I do know you are busy helping other victims, God bless your heart!!
xoxoxo
My sweet sweet sister..... thank you for the encouraging words! You are a blessing to me, always!
❤️