If you think that today's continents were formed after Noah's flood, then bet on it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let proposition P1 = Today's continents were formed after Noah's flood.
P2 = Today's continents were not formed after Noah's flood.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.

Are you willing to bet based on your weighting scheme?

This is not a lotto/gambling bet. This is a bet to scientifically measure the strength of your belief. Put your money where your mouth is. I am interested in finding out the strength of your belief mathematically. See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability.

You can say that the moon is made of cheese. Words are cheap unless you are willing to bet on it.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let proposition P1 = Today's continents were formed after Noah's flood.
P2 = Today's continents were not formed after Noah's flood.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.

Are you willing to bet based on your weighting scheme?

This is not a lotto/gambling bet. This is a bet to scientifically measure the strength of your belief. Put your money where your mouth is. I am interested in finding out the strength of your belief mathematically. See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability.

You can say that the moon is made of cheese. Words are cheap unless you are willing to bet on it.
"Betting" in my book is a false way of determining "probability." It is not the strength of our "belief," but the strength of the "argument." A lot of people are hypnotized by various messengers of messages that people really want, badly, to believe. They sometimes appear even to be in a trance, with eyes that stare with near-certainty that their guru is the best and to be believed. Their "100 percent certainty" is hardly a convincing argument in their favor!

I have no idea how the geography of the earth evolved, though we can follow demographics, as various peoples spread out over the earth. Many of us, including me, are interested to know. But I have zero interest in how "probable" people think things are!