If you think Mary remained a virgin till she died, then bet on it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... It's both in scripture... and in our history books.... If you would actually study instead of just trusting what your told... You would know this!!!
Which history book?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There has to be a reason why you would want to paint Mary as a woman who would not sleep with her husband in the way that all husband and wives do. But I don't know what that reason is.
No, not all husbands and wives do. It may be difficult for YOU to comprehend OR do but not everyone is weak like you and me.

If any wife would not have engaged in sexual relations with a man, it would have been Mary who just gave birth to the Son of God. But about 500 years ago your Protestant forefathers started a theory that went against Scripture and Christians history saying she did have sex with a man after she gave birth to God's son!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disgusting Troll
I know your upset... because you accidently posted something Stupid by mistake... It's not my fault... and by my correcting you using scripture... does not make me a troll! It only make you look like a on-line Karen when you suggest such!!!

OMG!!!
Paul

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry my friend, Your church did not give me the NT. God did.

Gods church would not take credit for doing the work of God. They would give God the credit

They also would follow his word. Not contradict it and distort it to where it is nonsensical.
Sooooo God contacted you and said, EG....Here are the books that make up the NT?

Curious Mary

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which history book?

Curious Mary
The Jewish historian Josephus ...

Please try to actually read my post before you suggest... I did not state my source!!!

Your getting emotional... to the point you should probably stop posting on this thread..?

You not looking too good? Kinda like a desperate spirit crying for relief...

Paul

Attachments

• 20231218_122752.jpg
    20231218_122752.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20231218_122809.jpg
    20231218_122809.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 2

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know your upset... because you accidently posted something Stupid by mistake... It's not my fault... and by my correcting you using scripture... does not make me a troll! It only make you look like a on-line Karen when you suggest such!!!

OMG!!!
Paul
Hi Pierac,

I know you will get one last dig in after you read this, but I really don't care because I intend to ignore you but when I need a good laugh I intend to read your posts. I have read many of your posts to others and your condescending narcissism is concerning to me. I hope you are not like that in real life. I suspect you aren't. Many get brave when they are anonymous in a internet forum. I suspect you are one of those "brave" keyboard warriors but probably very nice in person.

Your disgusting remarks about the Mother of God have me DEEPLY concerned. If you were standing face to face with her and Jesus, would you say that? :watching and waiting:

You did not correct me by using Scripture. In your fantasy world you did, but misinterpreting Scripture and then saying you used it to correct someone is a fulfillment of Scripture (2 Peter 3:16)!

Please take the time to read the dictionary definition of internet troll. As you will see, you fit it perfectly.

Respectfully, Karen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Please try to actually read my post before you suggest... I did not state my source!!!

Your getting emotional... to the point you should probably stop posting on this thread..?

Paul
Hey Pierac,

I have done a google Scholar search of Josephus's book on the history of the Jews. I searched for anything he said about Mary having other children and I (well actually Google) can't find anything in his book saying Mary had other children.

Can you please quote exactly what he said on the subject? Give me a page number from the book you allegedly read that says what you allege?

Curious Karen

IKYWA

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Pierac,

I know you will get one last dig in after you read this, but I really don't care because I intend to ignore you but when I need a good laugh I intend to read your posts. I have read many of your posts to others and your condescending narcissism is concerning to me. I hope you are not like that in real life. I suspect you aren't. Many get brave when they are anonymous in a internet forum. I suspect you are one of those "brave" keyboard warriors but probably very nice in person.

Your disgusting remarks about the Mother of God have me DEEPLY concerned. If you were standing face to face with her and Jesus, would you say that? :watching and waiting:

You did not correct me by using Scripture. In your fantasy world you did, but misinterpreting Scripture and then saying you used it to correct someone is a fulfillment of Scripture (2 Peter 3:16)!

Please take the time to read the dictionary definition of internet troll. As you will see, you fit it perfectly.

Respectfully, Karen
Have a good day Mary

Paul

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have a good day Mary

Paul
Hey Paul,

Your disgusting remarks about the Mother of God have me DEEPLY concerned. If you were standing face to face with her and Jesus, would you say that?

Holding your feet to the fire kiddo

Karen

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not base my eternity on this.

People call it the roman church because it was formed by the roman emperor and because it is housed on the 7 hills in rome

Why would you expect only 2 denominations? You own church split into eastern and western? Have you studied the NT, there were always different false teachers roaming around with different false teachings.

I would not expect Satan to just spread a few lies around. I would expect him to get may. so he can keep people from the truth

I heard someone say something the other day that struck me, A half truth is no truth at all. I thought about that. If you have 5 people who all have different views of a particular thing. yet there is only one truth. You have 4 false truths, and 1 truth, even if the 4 have certain things that are the same as the one..

Now I would not expect all the churches to be the same. I am quite sure the church in Jerusalem was different than the one in Started by Paul in Galatia. Yet the one message of truth, the gospel of our salvation. was the same..

Any different, no matter how slight, Paul said was a false Gospel and should be anathema
[People call it the roman church because it was formed by the roman emperor and because it is housed on the 7 hills in rome]

Would you care to give me an historical reference that backs this up? The Catholic Church existed from the very beginning. There was but ONE Church for the first 1000 years of Christianity. Yes, there were heretical groups (Arians, Gnostics, etc.) but they didn't form a separate Church. They were defeated by Church Councils. In fact, the first 500 years of the Church's existence was filled with heretical groups, arguing that Christ was God and not man, man and not God, and so forth. We call these the Christological heresies because they were based on trying to define Who Christ really was. The Roman emporer, Constantine, eventually issued the Edict of Milan, which effectively ceased the persecution of Christians in around 313 A.D. He did NOT, however, found a new religion.

The term "Roman Catholic" was used mainly by English-speaking Protestants. It was part of their attempt to portray the Pope as the leader of just a faction of Christianity, as if he was the same as the monarch of England, who was the head of the Anglican community. It was not based on truth, however.

As with many terms that start out as an insult but later are embraced and adopted by the group they were aimed at, Catholics in the West over time have used the term to show their union with the Holy Father, and to distinguish the Latin rite from the other rites within the Church (Maronites, Coptics, etc.). "Roman" is not, however, part of the official title of the Church.

I almost agree with you with regard to the 5 people. However, having 5 people having 5 different opinions of what is true doesn't guarantee that one of them is correct. They can all be wrong. It does, however, mean that only one, at most, can be correct.

The different rites within the Church celebrate and worship in different manners, but have the same beliefs, not contradictory beliefs. And all are under the authority of the Pope.

My challenge to you, then, is IF you beleive that the original Church, the Catholic Church, has somehow strayed from the original message given her by Christ, how could another group (out of the thousands of Protestant groups) suddenly find the correct answer? Do you claim that Christ came back and straightened things out? Or, like the Mormons, who found these mysterious stones and an angel came down with a special stone to interpret them? How, exactly, was this different information arrived at?

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Paul,

Your disgusting remarks about the Mother of God have me DEEPLY concerned. If you were standing face to face with her and Jesus, would you say that?

Holding your feet to the fire kiddo

Karen
Mary is not the Mother of God!!!

Mary is the mother of God's Messiah/Christ... God's chosen one!!!

Luk 9:35 Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!"

Just Like Adam.. .the Son of God

Luk 3:38 the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

You do know.... Jesus is the second ADAM???

1Co 15:45 So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The last Adam (Jesus) became a life-giving spirit.

Mother of God.... Please

Luk 1:35 T
he angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.

Mary.... Do... You see the two Adams.... Both created by the Holy Spirit... And Both called the Son of God!!!

Act 2:22 "Marymog... listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Mary.... You have no idea of the Blasphemy that you speak... Claiming the God of all creation has a human Mother... Became part of his creation and had to learn wisdom???

Luk 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Pay attention.....
On the authority of Jesus himself we know that the categories of "flesh" and "spirit" are never to be confused or intermingled, though the course of God's Spirit can impact our world. Jesus said, "That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit" (John 3:6). And "God is Spirit." The doctrine of the incarnation confuses these categories. What God has separated man has joined together! One of the charges that the apostle Paul levels at simple man is that we have "exchange the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man" (Romans 1:23). Has it ever dawned on you as you sit in church listening to how the glorious Creator made Himself into a man that you could be guilty of this very same thing? The doctrine of the incarnation has reduced the incorruptible God to our own corruptible image. We are made in God's image, not the other way around. It would be more appropriate to put this contrast in starker terms. The defining characteristic of the Creator God is his absolute holiness. God is utterly different from and so utterly transcendent over His creation that any confusion is forbidden!

Paul

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Paul
Hey Pierac,

I have done a google Scholar search of Josephus's book on the history of the Jews. I searched for anything he said about Mary having other children and I (well actually Google) can't find anything in his book saying Mary had other children.

Can you please quote exactly what he said on the subject? Give me a page number from the book you allegedly read that says what you allege?

Curious Karen

IKYWA

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Luk 1:35 The angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.

Paul
Sooooo Jesus is God, but his mother Mary is not the mother of God???? :contemplate:

Like I said......when I need a good laugh :jest:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[People call it the roman church because it was formed by the roman emperor and because it is housed on the 7 hills in rome]

Would you care to give me an historical reference that backs this up? The Catholic Church existed from the very beginning. There was but ONE Church for the first 1000 years of Christianity. Yes, there were heretical groups (Arians, Gnostics, etc.) but they didn't form a separate Church. They were defeated by Church Councils. In fact, the first 500 years of the Church's existence was filled with heretical groups, arguing that Christ was God and not man, man and not God, and so forth. We call these the Christological heresies because they were based on trying to define Who Christ really was. The Roman emporer, Constantine, eventually issued the Edict of Milan, which effectively ceased the persecution of Christians in around 313 A.D. He did NOT, however, found a new religion.

The term "Roman Catholic" was used mainly by English-speaking Protestants. It was part of their attempt to portray the Pope as the leader of just a faction of Christianity, as if he was the same as the monarch of England, who was the head of the Anglican community. It was not based on truth, however.

As with many terms that start out as an insult but later are embraced and adopted by the group they were aimed at, Catholics in the West over time have used the term to show their union with the Holy Father, and to distinguish the Latin rite from the other rites within the Church (Maronites, Coptics, etc.). "Roman" is not, however, part of the official title of the Church.

I almost agree with you with regard to the 5 people. However, having 5 people having 5 different opinions of what is true doesn't guarantee that one of them is correct. They can all be wrong. It does, however, mean that only one, at most, can be correct.

The different rites within the Church celebrate and worship in different manners, but have the same beliefs, not contradictory beliefs. And all are under the authority of the Pope.

My challenge to you, then, is IF you beleive that the original Church, the Catholic Church, has somehow strayed from the original message given her by Christ, how could another group (out of the thousands of Protestant groups) suddenly find the correct answer? Do you claim that Christ came back and straightened things out? Or, like the Mormons, who found these mysterious stones and an angel came down with a special stone to interpret them? How, exactly, was this different information arrived at?
No there was not

And even if you think there was you can not prove it.

Anyway, If the Catholic Church WAS the true church, do you not think they would follow Gods law?

Did you hear your pope just approved the catholic church to enable them to BLESS homosexual unions now. Saying we should not burden people and they “should not be subjected to an exhaustive moral analysis“

when did God say it was ok for a man to lay with a man like he did a woman, which he called an abomination?

have you looked at your churches history? I would be ashamed

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mary is the mother of God's Messiah/Christ... God's chosen one!!!

Luk 9:35 Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!"

Just Like Adam.. .the Son of God

Luk 3:38 the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

You do know.... Jesus is the second ADAM???

1Co 15:45 So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The last Adam (Jesus) became a life-giving spirit.

Mother of God.... Please

Luk 1:35 T
he angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.

Mary.... Do... You see the two Adams.... Both created by the Holy Spirit... And Both called the Son of God!!!

Act 2:22 "Marymog... listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Mary.... You have no idea of the Blasphemy that you speak... Claiming the God of all creation has a human Mother... Became part of his creation and had to learn wisdom???

Luk 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Pay attention.....
On the authority of Jesus himself we know that the categories of "flesh" and "spirit" are never to be confused or intermingled, though the course of God's Spirit can impact our world. Jesus said, "That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit" (John 3:6). And "God is Spirit." The doctrine of the incarnation confuses these categories. What God has separated man has joined together! One of the charges that the apostle Paul levels at simple man is that we have "exchange the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man" (Romans 1:23). Has it ever dawned on you as you sit in church listening to how the glorious Creator made Himself into a man that you could be guilty of this very same thing? The doctrine of the incarnation has reduced the incorruptible God to our own corruptible image. We are made in God's image, not the other way around. It would be more appropriate to put this contrast in starker terms. The defining characteristic of the Creator God is his absolute holiness. God is utterly different from and so utterly transcendent over His creation that any confusion is forbidden!

Paul
Remember where the term mother of God came from. I believe it started in babylon.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo God contacted you and said, EG....Here are the books that make up the NT?

Curious Mary
No

God had the books already set in stone. He is even calling the NT scripture before it is completed.

Are you saying God does not get the credit for putting his word together

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got this from chat:

The concept of a "Mother of God" or a divine maternal figure can be found in various ancient religions, predating Christianity. This archetype reflects a widespread reverence for motherhood and fertility in ancient cultures. Here are some examples:

1. Isis in Ancient Egyptian Religion: Isis was worshipped as the mother of the god Horus, one of the most important deities in ancient Egyptian religion. She was revered as a goddess of magic, motherhood, and fertility. Her role as the mother of Horus, who was often regarded as a king of the gods, made her an early prototype of a divine mother figure.
  2. Cybele in Ancient Anatolian and Roman Religion: Cybele, also known as Magna Mater (Great Mother), was an ancient Phrygian mother goddess. She was later adopted by the Greeks and Romans. Cybele was associated with fertility, nature, and protection, and she was often depicted as a motherly figure reigning over wild nature and animals.
  3. Gaia in Greek Mythology: Gaia, or Gaea, was the personification of the Earth in Greek mythology and considered the Mother of all life. She was one of the primordial deities and was seen as the mother of many other gods and creatures in Greek mythology.
  4. Tiamat in Mesopotamian Religion: In Mesopotamian religion, Tiamat is a primordial goddess of the ocean, often depicted as a creator goddess or a monstrous embodiment of primordial chaos. In the Babylonian epic "Enuma Elish," she is described as the mother of the first generation of gods.
  5. Parvati in Hinduism: In Hinduism, Parvati is often considered a mother goddess. She is the wife of Shiva and the mother of Ganesha and Kartikeya. Parvati, in her various manifestations, symbolizes fertility, marital felicity, devotion to the spouse, and power.
  6. Danu in Celtic Mythology: In Irish mythology, Danu is often considered a mother goddess. She is associated with the Tuatha Dé Danann ("People of the Goddess Danu"), a race of deities and heroes in Irish lore.
These figures show that the archetype of a divine mother has deep roots in human culture and spirituality. While they differ in attributes and significance, they commonly represent fertility, creation, protection, and the nurturing aspect of nature or the divine. This archetype likely influenced later religious concepts, including the Christian veneration of Mary as the Mother of God.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not all husbands and wives do. It may be difficult for YOU to comprehend OR do but not everyone is weak like you and me.

If any wife would not have engaged in sexual relations with a man, it would have been Mary who just gave birth to the Son of God. But about 500 years ago your Protestant forefathers started a theory that went against Scripture and Christians history saying she did have sex with a man after she gave birth to God's son!
Is there something wrong with making love to your husband after you gave birth to the Christ? Is sleeping with your husband dirty?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there something wrong with making love to your husband after you gave birth to the Christ? Is sleeping with your husband dirty?
Define "wrong".

In any normal marital relationship sleeping with your spouse is not dirty.

It doesn't change the points I made of which you didn't address.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No

God had the books already set in stone. He is even calling the NT scripture before it is completed.

Are you saying God does not get the credit for putting his word together
Hey EG,

Have you recovered completely from the flu? Hope so....still praying for you. :pray:

Got it.......Initially you said that the Church didn't give you the NT books, God gave them to you! But I guess I misunderstood that.

What you really meant is that God had the books of the NT Scripture set in stone and He knew what they were even before John wrote the last book of the NT. YOU ARE RIGHT. God did know the books before they were written. But man didn't. Here is a bit of your Christian history:

FACT: For the first several hundred years of Christianity some letters, The Didache, 1 Clement, Barnabas etc., were considered Scripture and read out loud at church services. Some Churches accepted Barnabas, some didn't. Some accepted The Didache, some didn't. ETC ETC. To end the confusion a bunch of men, men of The Church, gathered together and debated which letters are to be in the NT. After they made that decision ALL Churches used only the 'approved' NT letters in their bibles. This FACT is backed up by historical writings.

THEORY:
The men of The Church did not give us the NT books. God had the books already set in stone. He is even calling the NT scripture before it is completed.

Your theory is incomplete. There is no evidence to back it up. Soooooo complete your theory by filling in the blank:

God gave the list of books to ________________ so that every Christian would know what Scripture is!

Patient Mary